Anti-Gay Bigotry is alive and well on Sic Et Non…

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Marcus
God

Re: Anti-Gay Bigotry is alive and well on Sic Et Non…

Post by Marcus »

Marcus wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:21 am
kyler Rasmussen

So whether or not it's good for gay people to avoid same-sex relationships (and it's worth noting that this does NOT cut them off from all possibility of love, dating, relationships or families),
Omg. And this guy calls himself a "relationship scientist"?
As much as I empathize with the often tragic situation facing those in the church experiencing same-sex attraction, I'd rather do my best to comfort and care for that group within the confines of the gospel than watch the church's strong culture of marriage and family fall by the wayside.
I'm pretty sure the recent legislation in Canada now defines that kind of "counseling" as criminal.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

IHAQ wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:45 am
Isn’t this the kind of thing the CHI recently outlawed? Why is DCP allowing such uneducated hate-speech on his blog? Isn’t the facilitation of this kind of thing also against the spirit of the requirements within CHI?
The church handbook of instructions isn't made available to the general membership, so maybe Michael Hoggan isn't aware of what it does or doesn't outlaw.
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:57 am
IHAQ wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:45 am
Isn’t this the kind of thing the CHI recently outlawed? Why is DCP allowing such uneducated hate-speech on his blog? Isn’t the facilitation of this kind of thing also against the spirit of the requirements within CHI?
The church handbook of instructions isn't made available to the general membership, so maybe Michael Hoggan isn't aware of what it does or doesn't outlaw.
Is there still a CHI? Or was it superseded by the new General Handbook, which is publicly available?
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Dr. Sunstoned
CTR B

Post by Dr. Sunstoned »

This is from FDH
Where was your defense when the fake doctors were commenting and upvoting pure bilge here?
Was this a reference to members of this forum? It sounds a little anti-intellectual to me.

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/danpeters ... enant.html
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Dr. Sunstoned wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:41 am
Was this a reference to members of this forum? It sounds a little anti-intellectual to me.
It's a patterned response. Like if someone mentions love at Sic et Non, it causes their talons to come out.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Canadiandude2
CTR B

Post by Canadiandude2 »

Future members and member-adjacents will remember kindly the ‘fight’ that progressive scholars gave on behalf of marginalized groups within and outside the church.

In contrast however, this albatross that’s hangs from Dr. Peterson’s, and many of his colleagues’ respective necks will ultimately lie with them and their name long after they are gone-

That is, if they’re even remembered at all.
IHAQ
God

Post by IHAQ »

Michael Hoggan Lance the Agnostic • 2 days ago • edited
Being worried about someone's health and safety isn't hate. It is the very essence of love. Sometimes, both adults and children just need to be told no. When the psychologists finally told me that I was a paranoid schizophrenic, it was an act of love, even if they didn't think of it as such.
https://www.patheos.com/blogs/danpeters ... qus_thread

Actually Michael, it’s their clinical obligation. It’s not love. Some Mormons really don’t understand what love actually is…
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:12 am
Dr. Shades wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:57 am

Is there still a CHI? Or was it superseded by the new General Handbook, which is publicly available?
Anecdotal, but I asked my brother and dad who are both in bishoprics, and they said there is only the one handbook now (which is available to everyone). I asked if there was a book 2, that only bishops had, and they said no.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:15 pm
I asked if there was a book 2, that only bishops had, and they said no.
What about super-secret directives to commit evil deeds that would embarrass the Church if publicly revealed?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

Maybe Michael needs to take a page from the Mopoligist handbook, and replace “people who feel SSA” with “Jews.”