Members in Europe told to not question the Prophet or Apostles for 30 days

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Rivendale
God

Re: Members in Europe told to not question the Prophet or Apostles for 30 days

Post by Rivendale »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:38 pm
Sock Puppet
Wendy wants us all to close are eyes, click the heels of our shoes and say three times, "there's no place like the 50's, there's no place like the 50's, there's no place like the 50's." Do it, and maybe it will seem like the reruns of Leave it to Beaver and Father Knows Best are new episodes.
Well, If I could watch Andy Mayberry then I would.... :D I can't help it, I loved Don Knotts.
So did John Bytheway. He made a career from Don.
IHAQ
God

Post by IHAQ »

One of the troubling aspects of Wendy’s words is that it will groom members to become more susceptible to affinity fraud scams. A problem endemic in Utah. “Don’t question Mormon leaders” is a dangerous mantra for someone in her position to be spouting. She should know better. The other aspect is Wendy’s suggestion that members forego their agency and just “do as you’re told”. Wasn’t that Satan’s plan?
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

IHAQ wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:12 am
One of the troubling aspects of Wendy’s words is that it will groom members to become more susceptible to affinity fraud scams. A problem endemic in Utah. “Don’t question Mormon leaders” is a dangerous mantra for someone in her position to be spouting. She should know better. The other aspect is Wendy’s suggestion that members forego their agency and just “do as you’re told”. Wasn’t that Satan’s plan?
While all this is true, never fear! They have the Gift of the Holy Ghost which is taught as the way to discern truth from error, so there won't be any affinities, nor any frauds in Mormonism. They are guided by revelation through the prophet's wife. How on earth could they possibly lose? All is well in Zion, now shut up, believe and follow.
SaturdaysVoyeur
CTR A

Post by SaturdaysVoyeur »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:24 pm
All is well in Zion, now shut up, believe and follow.
And pay. You forgot pay.

Shut up, believe, follow, and, above all, pay. 10% on the gross.

It seems like the GAs have been trotting across the pond to nag European members a lot lately. I don't claim to have any guess as to why, but I don't think this message is a coincidence. (And I'm not buying their excuse that it's because Europe is more secular. Europe has always been more secular.)

Perhaps some stirrings of independent thought among the European Saints that must be hastily stamped out as if it were an actual virus?
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

SaturdaysVoyeur wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 3:06 am
It seems like the GAs have been trotting across the pond to nag European members a lot lately. I don't claim to have any guess as to why, but I don't think this message is a coincidence.
First-class European vacations are always fun.

Will the Europeans bottle up their little questions into one big overwhelming question, only to be told by Authorities, "do not ask what is it, we will go and make our visit"?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

SaturdaysVoyeur wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 3:06 am
Philo Sofee wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:24 pm
All is well in Zion, now shut up, believe and follow.
And pay. You forgot pay.

Shut up, believe, follow, and, above all, pay. 10% on the gross.

It seems like the GAs have been trotting across the pond to nag European members a lot lately. I don't claim to have any guess as to why, but I don't think this message is a coincidence. (And I'm not buying their excuse that it's because Europe is more secular. Europe has always been more secular.)

Perhaps some stirrings of independent thought among the European Saints that must be hastily stamped out as if it were an actual virus?
Thinking at all is the fatal virus and it terrifies the Brethren when they see it occur without their permission.
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

As this 30 day fast from doubts and outside points of view nears an end I am wondering if we will hear any reports. When its over will people find their doubts more or less important? Will they be like meeting something now understood? The doubts may seem to be the same old weight to carry or perhaps a welcome balancing awareness.
IHAQ
God

Post by IHAQ »

huckelberry wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 7:23 pm
As this 30 day fast from doubts and outside points of view nears an end I am wondering if we will hear any reports. When its over will people find their doubts more or less important? Will they be like meeting something now understood? The doubts may seem to be the same old weight to carry or perhaps a welcome balancing awareness.
If it hasn’t had the desired effect then the members didn’t apply themselves correctly and should repeat the exercise for another 30 days, and keep repeating the exercise until the doubts and questions have gone away.
Father Francis
Bishop

Post by Father Francis »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:38 pm
Sock Puppet
Wendy wants us all to close are eyes, click the heels of our shoes and say three times, "there's no place like the 50's, there's no place like the 50's, there's no place like the 50's." Do it, and maybe it will seem like the reruns of Leave it to Beaver and Father Knows Best are new episodes.
Well, If I could watch Andy Mayberry then I would.... :D I can't help it, I loved Don Knotts.
You mean Andy Griffith. He played Andy Taylor in the town of Mayberry. I watched reruns of the show with my grandma when I was a kid, probably seen every episode. I also love Don Knots, not to mention Jim Nabors. Surprise, surprise surprise!