Brad Wilcox's fireside for youth quotes

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Rivendale
God

Brad Wilcox's fireside for youth quotes

Post by Rivendale »

“You wanna walk away from the church? Walk away from anything that let’s anything in your life count or matter beyond this life.”
“Maybe instead of asking ‘why did the blacks have to wait until 1978, maybe what we should be asking is ‘why did the whites and other races have to wait until 1829?”
“Christianity has a problem, a huge problem. Jesus said ‘Get baptized or you’re not going to Heaven’. And yet most people in the world have never heard the name of Jesus Christ, let alone been baptized. That’s a problem. Do you realize we’re part of the only church that has the solution?”
“You wanna walk away from the church? Walk away from anything that let’s anything in your life count or matter beyond this life.”
“If you walk away from this religion you lose everything. - Everything that truly matters most. stay put. Stay strong. Look for every possible reason there is to stay and there is to share.”

Edit. I am a fan of Hawkeye Pierce. And this last quote by Brad ......
He does not want to live if he does not have access to the leaders.

I thought of Hawkeye.

A lot of very touching songs
came out of that war.

When the fuhrer says
we is the master race

We heil, phtt, heil

Right in the fuhrer's face
Last edited by Rivendale on Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: Brad Wilcox's fireside for youth quotes

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

“Maybe instead of asking ‘why did the blacks have to wait until 1978, maybe what we should be asking is ‘why did the whites and other races have to wait until 1829?”
Gobsmacked.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Rivendale wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:34 pm
Or maybe you should be asking why all races got the priesthood until Brigham Young and his slave-owning, racist pals found that inconvenient.
“The past no longer belongs only to those who once lived it; the past belongs to those who claim it, and are willing to explore it, and to infuse it with meaning for those alive today.”—Margaret Atwood
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

Rivendale wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:34 pm
“Christianity has a problem, a huge problem. Jesus said ‘Get baptized or you’re not going to Heaven’. And yet most people in the world have never heard the name of Jesus Christ, let alone been baptized. That’s a problem. Do you realize we’re part of the only church that has the solution?”
“If you walk away from this religion you lose everything. - Everything that truly matters most. stay put. Stay strong. Look for every possible reason there is to stay and there is to share.”
1You and your life matter now and in the world to come.
2"wait until 1829?' white or black they did not have to wait till this date.
3 go to hell if not baptized? no Jesus did not say that.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

"“If you walk away from this religion you lose everything. - Everything that truly matters most."
dear god. This is deeply abusive language.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Marcus wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:10 am

"“If you walk away from this religion you lose everything. - Everything that truly matters most."
dear god. This is deeply abusive language.
In his mind, it is pure holy... astonishing isn't it?! He's the newest idiot on the block. It is entirely false what he says. Walking away does not cause you to lost everything that matters at all. My life has actually improved, as has my mental health. He appears to me to simply lying, once again, from a "true church" view point. Astonishing that the truth has to lie in order to be believed. Just WOW.
Gabriel
Deacon

Post by Gabriel »

Our Brother Wilcox is beyond parody. In my wildest dreams, I couldn't invent any more asinine things to say than what has already escaped that poor soul's lips. Your quotes didn't even account for a tithe of the sentence-by-sentence drivel that he was spewing. I heard most of his talk - I don't know if there is a written version somewhere online - so, I am paraphrasing here - but he also said something to the effect that, "sure, other churches have some of the truth; they have some of the keys of the piano, but only our church has all of the keys of the piano. So, do you want to stay and play Bach or a Beethoven Sonata? Or do you want to leave and just play "Chopsticks" for the rest of your life?"

If the church had any adults in their PR department (which they don't), they should immediately issue "a call from the Lord" to Brother Wilcox to serve as President of the Afghanistan Kandahar Mission.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

brad Wilcox wrote: Maybe instead of asking ‘why did the blacks have to wait until 1978, maybe what we should be asking is ‘why did the whites and other races have to wait until 1829?”
unbelievable.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Reading the text is bad enough, but just listen to this clip of Wilcox talking about "the blacks" and "the whites"...
https://v.redd.it/r57b27z7gig81

Omg.