Philo Double Standard: Mithraists can Appropriate and Modify Symbols and Stories of Others, but not Hor Papyrus Author

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Marcus
God

Re: Philo Double Standard: Mithraists can Appropriate and Modify Symbols and Stories of Others, but not Hor Papyrus Auth

Post by Marcus »

Ed1 wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 10:17 pm
Marcus wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 10:02 pm

Yea, Ed, we get it. You come here when you need a self-victimization hit, you post aggressively and mean-spiritedly, you lose your shiit if anyone dares to respond to you in kind, you ignore anyone who actually responds to you because you are too unsure, deep down, about your work, then you lecture everyone, and then you flounce off.
:roll:
No actually Marcus. You have continually been the provocateur, and you don't give a damn truly about reasoning. I am very sure about my position, more sure than ever.
Lol. I have responded specifically to your requests, your reasoning, and your models. I have put some effort into it, and you refuse to respond.
drumdude
God

Re: Philo Double Standard: Mithraists can Appropriate and Modify Symbols and Stories of Others, but not Hor Papyrus Auth

Post by drumdude »

I just think it’s hilarious that the faithful defense of the book of Abraham is now that it was pseudepigrapha.

What happened to “written by Abraham’s own hand upon the parchment?” Another LDS belief thrown under the bus, damn those liberal Mormons and their filthy scholarship!
Ed1
High Priest

Post by Ed1 »

Last edited by Ed1 on Sun Apr 03, 2022 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the wise; seek what they sought.” ― Matsuo Basho
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Ed1 wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 11:36 pm
drumdude wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 11:22 pm
I just think it’s hilarious that the faithful defense of the book of Abraham is now that it was pseudepigrapha.

What happened to “written by Abraham’s own hand upon the parchment?” Another LDS belief thrown under the bus, damn those liberal Mormons and their filthy scholarship!
Sorry. I'm looking for people that are worthy of my respect by reciprocation.
If you’re not introspective enough to appreciate the irony then I can’t help you brother. Defending the book of Abraham is deadly dangerous to your faith, I would tread lightly. Just ask Paul…
Ed1
High Priest

Post by Ed1 »

“Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the wise; seek what they sought.” ― Matsuo Basho
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

drumdude wrote:

This is exactly going to be my next Sunday Live program, the Signature of Abraham! And yes, they have thrown Joseph under the bus on it! I will explore every angle... hope to see you there, I will show how step by step the fog of apologetics has been lifted in my mind and the clarity of the evidence has shown me why I had to quit being an apologist.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Ed1, I honestly never mind push back, I get it all the time as is appropriate. Friendship is not based on getting people to think and believe just like I do. Truly. So I appreciate your ideas and push backs. I don't always have time to respond to everything, but I read it if I can... thanks man.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:29 am
drumdude wrote:

This is exactly going to be my next Sunday Live program, the Signature of Abraham! And yes, they have thrown Joseph under the bus on it! I will explore every angle... hope to see you there, I will show how step by step the fog of apologetics has been lifted in my mind and the clarity of the evidence has shown me why I had to quit being an apologist.
Can’t wait!

Peterson has the only rational faithful position on this. He says the book of Abraham isn’t a problem at all. Why? Because he says so. :lol:
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

drumdude wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:32 am
Philo Sofee wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:29 am

Can’t wait!

Peterson has the only rational faithful position on this. He says the book of Abraham isn’t a problem at all. Why? Because he says so. :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: remind me never to debate him... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ed1
High Priest

Post by Ed1 »