The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Ed1
High Priest

Post by Ed1 »

Last edited by Ed1 on Sun Apr 03, 2022 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the wise; seek what they sought.” ― Matsuo Basho
Ed1
High Priest

Re: From: “King Pharaoh, whose name is given in the characters above his head"

Post by Ed1 »

Last edited by Ed1 on Sun Apr 03, 2022 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the wise; seek what they sought.” ― Matsuo Basho
Ed1
High Priest

Post by Ed1 »

Last edited by Ed1 on Sun Apr 03, 2022 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Ed1 wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:58 am
Marcus wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:20 am
(maybe I'm not the only one but I did report the derail. Your threads are too much fun to let derailers muck them up. :D )
Marcus couldn't let Shulem's precious thread actually have relevent content be added that Shulem would actually have to answer for. He has to make the accusation of derailment and mucking of the precious thread.
No, I reported it as a derail and it was moved as a derail, because it was a derail. The rules are for you, too.

Maybe you missed this from the OP:
Shulem wrote:
Fri Feb 18, 2022 7:29 pm
I'm sorry, Ed. My answer is, "No." You'll have to get your entertainment elsewhere. Perhaps Philo or Kishy will evaluate your work. Or submit it to Dr. Gee.

I have seen all I need to see from you. You might start another thread for your work with Facsimile No. 2 unless it relates back to the "King's name" which is what this thread is about.

Thanks
Ed1
High Priest

Post by Ed1 »

Last edited by Ed1 on Sun Apr 03, 2022 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Ed1 wrote:
Fri Feb 18, 2022 7:22 pm
I've deciphered the Facsimile #2, figure 11 "numbers."
So, I just wrapped up reading your 9-page paper hung on Google docs. What are you getting at?

-Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:33 pm
Ed1 wrote:
Fri Feb 18, 2022 7:22 pm
I've deciphered the Facsimile #2, figure 11 "numbers."
So, I just wrapped up reading your 9-page paper hung on Google docs. What are you getting at?

-Doc
I looked a bit at his paper also. It seems he wants the characters in part 11 to represent the numbers 1-12, and therefore time, or a calendar of 12 months.

His logic is a bit off though, even before you get to his unique "pun" interpretations. There are 11 characters in what he is evaluating, and he determines 8 of them represent a number by a pun, and two of them represent TWO numbers, by pun. This gives him the numbers 1 through 12, albeit in a completely random order.

But, what about the 11th character? It's a duplicate of one of the other ten, the one that represents (to him) 7, If I recall correctly, and he says this:
In the series, the door-bolt glyph ¡s repeated for the second time, but we will move on to the next as we have dealt with that.
What? In his interpretation of section 11, he decides to simply leave out a character? Because it's a duplicate?? No, that's not logical.

So, after all his work, he actually has 13 numbers, 1-12 and an extra 7, randomly distributed. He has to actually drop a character to get to his conclusion that this represents the calendar. And that is before his totally unique pun method is accounted for, and his borderline acceptable conclusion that two of the characters represent two numbers each.

I refer to his 'pun' detection as unique because even though he reviews Ifrah's assessment of puns covering numbers one through about 10, a look at Ifrah's work shows that not a single 'pun' Ed has to come up with matches any of Ifrah's 'puns'. He also relies on what seems to be present-day pronunciation to conclude what words 'sound like' each other, and therefore constitute a pun. His definition of 'sound like' is also extremely loose.

(An example would be like saying the word 'egregious' constitutes a pun representing the number '8' because while the g in egregious is sounded out, it somewhat mimics the location of the silent g in 8, therefore it's a 'pun.' :roll: :roll: :roll: )

All around, just a really awkward parallelomanic paper, fueled by an insistence that this MUST be 'true.'
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Marcus wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:02 pm
All around, just a really awkward parallelomanic paper, fueled by an insistence that this MUST be 'true.'

Sounds like a total waste of time but somebody had to do it and then come back and report. It's crackpot nonsense. Absolutely no redeeming value. The stuff Ed came up with about the King's name in the Celestial Forum is proof positive that Ed is a crackpot and totally off his rocker -- it's all rotten eggs. What a sad thing to observe. He's lost his mind and is attempting to teach people how to lie to themselves. That's what Mormonism does. It's a destructive cult and founded on nothing but lies.

Hey, I know the King's name:

JESUS H CHRIST!

:lol:

Thanks Marcus for the report.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Shulem wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:59 pm
Marcus wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:02 pm

Sounds like a total waste of time but somebody had to do it and then come back and report. It's crackpot nonsense. Absolutely no redeeming value. The stuff Ed came up with about the King's name in the Celestial Forum is proof positive that Ed is a crackpot and totally off his rocker -- it's all rotten eggs. What a sad thing to observe. He's lost his mind and is attempting to teach people how to lie to themselves. That's what Mormonism does. It's a destructive cult and founded on nothing but lies.

Hey, I know the King's name:

JESUS H CHRIST!

:lol:

Thanks Marcus for the report.
My pleasure. It didn't take long, though. As soon as he introduced a piece with 11 characters but only used 10 in his conclusion, it was clear something had gone wrong.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Marcus wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 12:50 am
My pleasure. It didn't take long, though. As soon as he introduced a piece with 11 characters but only used 10 in his conclusion, it was clear something had gone wrong.

Ed has ZERO (0) credibility as a PRETEND Egyptologist want-to-be, and is a total crackpot. His looney translations have been positively debunked. Nobody is drinking his childish Cool-Aid. Ed's drink of choice is poison Kool-Aid, like a kid who won't grow up, pretending to be Abraham himself in the flesh. The Mormons will NOT drink his poisonous cocktail. His attempt to serve poison-translation beverages have been repeatedly rejected by everyone, both in and out of the church!. Hence, poor Ed, drinks alone. And he's a drunken fool. And there he lies, drunk in the ditch, passed out. Will someone please help him? God.

How sad. What a waste of a mind.