Shulem Cracks Book of Mormon Geography

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Shulem
God

Re: Shulem Cracks Book of Mormon Geography

Post by Shulem »

Marcus wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 1:39 am
Shulem, is movement defined as moving 'up' and 'down' because of the routes necessary to move around the wider rivers?

I don’t think there is a single answer. I think Smith moved with the flow as he was dictating the story with his head buried in a hat as he mumbled the stories. He had preconceived ideas on how to describe things and tell his stories because he had looked at the map in which he studied. There was a north and a south and a main river. But the up and down and all around can go anywhere you want it to go. The Book of Mormon, in a nutshell, is total fantasy and can be interpreted in a multiplicity of ways.

You will not find the Book of Mormon geography described anywhere more accurately than at Delmarva. It takes the cake! It may not be perfectly baked but it’s a well designed cake. You will not find that anywhere else on the map. The answer is Delmarva.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Shulem wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 2:05 am
You will not find the Book of Mormon geography described anywhere more accurately than at Delmarva. It takes the cake! It may not be perfectly baked but it’s a well designed cake. You will not find that anywhere else on the map. The answer is Delmarva.
I bet your years of compiling this information were no cakewalk!
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Moksha wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 8:22 am
I bet your years of compiling this information were no cakewalk!

It was no cakewalk. Book of Mormon geography has ever been a horrible enigma in Mormonism and does nothing but cause cognitive dissonance in the minds of Mormon thinkers and apologists. There is nothing faith promoting in the world of Book of Mormon geography. It’s a liability for the Church and does nothing to promote science and real history. It’s pure fantasy and comic book material.

Anyway, I’m feeling a little burned out right now and don’t know how far I will take this thread. There is a lot to discuss and it gets rather repetitive -- seeing things from new and fresh perspectives. I think the original thread really rocks and it’s packed with information and I’ve added a line in the opening post of this thread encouraging serious readers to consider it required reading. I think the two threads should go hand in hand. It’s no easy task making a massive presentation on a message board. Websites are more conducive to that kind of undertaking, but as I’ve said before, I just don’t give a damn about this anymore. Mormonism can continue to roll down it’s silly little path of lying to itself and saying “all is well” when it is not. Mormonism has ever been and ever will be the One Big Lying Church.

The Delmarva revelation will serve to enlighten the vast public who view Mormonism's glass house as a museum exhibit or an animal that went extinct. The world at large will never accept the narrow neck and definitions given in the novel with Mesoamerica or retarded heartland versions that are presented like cartoons for childish Mormon mindsets who refuse to grow up and face reality. The things Heartlanders have to do with the US map in order to make it fit their story is a grotesque monstrosity and the models south of the border are ridiculous and silly – childish, immature, and totally and absolutely deceptive. Daniel C. Peterson has a child’s mind, he is a spiritual baby that refuses to grow up! Stuck in the same old rut of cognitive dissonance. The Mesoamerican model is for children playing Romper Room and moving blocks around but in reality, are retarded adults playing a fool’s game in order to try and make fiction into nonfiction.

Mormonism is rather entertaining to watch. What a circus!
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Shulem wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 2:05 am
Marcus wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 1:39 am
Shulem, is movement defined as moving 'up' and 'down' because of the routes necessary to move around the wider rivers?

I don’t think there is a single answer. I think Smith moved with the flow as he was dictating the story with his head buried in a hat as he mumbled the stories. He had preconceived ideas on how to describe things and tell his stories because he had looked at the map in which he studied. There was a north and a south and a main river. But the up and down and all around can go anywhere you want it to go. The Book of Mormon, in a nutshell, is total fantasy and can be interpreted in a multiplicity of ways.

Thank you! And I agree, Delmarva takes the cake. Your point about 'preconceived ideas' fits Smith's storytelling history perfectly, especially as described by his mom.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 8:50 pm

I think you could take a well deserved break from all of this. 🙂

Regards,
MG

I'm afraid I have to agree with you on that. I'm a bit burned out trying to explain all this stuff on the board. I've been working on a super-duper map showing how the locations and cities fit within the basic framework of the landmass but at this point I'm just a bit put off. It's like what's the point? Who cares? Why bother. F-it. Having to arrange all this crap so people can put the pieces together is wearing me out. AND, I've not shown all my cards.

At least this thread showcases the maps I've made and does it right off the bat without having to scroll through dozens of pages. How about that narrow neck? It's really a winner, I'd say. Surely you know that Smith looked at maps when he was a youth. He was curious on so many levels. He looked at maps! He needed a place to create his story and he adopted Delmarva for his fictional story in order to compete with other stories such View of the Hebrews. Smith wanted to beat everyone. He wanted to beat the Catholic church. He wanted to outperform the Reformation. And he wanted the best book on Israelites coming to the promised land. Smith was competitive and determined to outperform everyone and everything. There were no limits to what he could do. He could call down God. He could call down angels. Whatever it takes.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Shulem wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:43 pm
... I'm a bit burned out trying to explain all this stuff on the board. I've been working on a super-duper map showing how the locations and cities fit within the basic framework of the landmass but at this point I'm just a bit put off. It's like what's the point? Who cares? Why bother. F-it. Having to arrange all this crap so people can put the pieces together is wearing me out.

Hey! Plenty of us care!
AND, I've not shown all my cards.
8-) you sly dog, you. Okay, got it. :D :D :D
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Marcus wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:16 pm
Shulem wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:43 pm
AND, I've not shown all my cards.
8-) you sly dog, you. Okay, got it. :D :D :D

The Great and Powerful OZ has spoken! Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!

Paul Osborne

8-)
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

I think the Delmarva Hypothesis has elegantly replaced any mesoamerican musings for readers, except to those who are wedded to Mesoamerica ideologically.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Tator
CTR B

Post by Tator »

I think Shulem has found the missing puzzle piece to the imagination of Joe's novel. Joe was a storyteller and storytellers tell stories. Joe was treasure digger and treasure diggers dig for treasure and/or tell stories about treasure digging. It seems to me a young storyteller would tell stories about what he saw around him and events that were happening around him. Shulem has shown that Joe had events and things around him that made his novel fit the puzzle. Joe had maps, lots of maps. Joe had the Late War, View of the Hebrews, the canal job on Delmarva, the Captain Kidd treasure digging adventure and more. Joe had everything his imagination needed to create his novel right in front of him.

Shulem has solved the mystery and has to date the best fitting explanations for the geography of Joe's imaginary novel.

Kudos for the great work and for sharing it with us.
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

Tator wrote:
Fri Feb 25, 2022 3:52 pm
I think Shulem has found the missing puzzle piece to the imagination of Joe's novel. Joe was a storyteller and storytellers tell stories. Joe was treasure digger and treasure diggers dig for treasure and/or tell stories about treasure digging. It seems to me a young storyteller would tell stories about what he saw around him and events that were happening around him. Shulem has shown that Joe had events and things around him that made his novel fit the puzzle. Joe had maps, lots of maps. Joe had the Late War, View of the Hebrews, the canal job on Delmarva, the Captain Kidd treasure digging adventure and more. Joe had everything his imagination needed to create his novel right in front of him.

Shulem has solved the mystery and has to date the best fitting explanations for the geography of Joe's imaginary novel.

Kudos for the great work and for sharing it with us.
Yes, it does work well for those that have already decided that the Book of Mormon is a work of fiction at the outset. Or for those that haven’t developed a testimony concerning it’s witness of Jesus Christ.

Regards,
MG