Why Brad says every other church is false

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
drumdude
God

Why Brad says every other church is false

Post by drumdude »

The logical corollary to “I know the church is true” is necessarily “I know every other church is false.” Brad Wilcox was not going off the rails, he was preaching basic LDS doctrine.

They know the Catholic Church is false.

They know the Muslim church is false.

They know the church of Scientology is false.

They know Presbyterianism, Methodism, Anglicanism, Judaism, Zoroastrianism, Polytheism, Pantheism, and every other religion on earth is not true.

Then, in spite of all this hubris, the LDS apologists say it is atheists, the only people who are logically honest and make no special exception for the religion they happened by random chance to be born into, are the real dogmatists.

Joseph Smith got the correct answer when he prayed. None of the churches are true. They all contain truths, but they aren’t “true” in the Mormon sense of the word.

It’s a shame he didn’t take it to heart and created his own false religion.
Bought Yahoo
High Councilman

Re: Why Brad says every other church is false

Post by Bought Yahoo »

Such an ignorant post.

Most of the other religions say the same thing. They all may right. Joseph Smith did not invent the dogma.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Bought Yahoo wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:48 pm
Most of the other religions say the same thing.
They don't actually. Have you been a member of a religion that wasn't Mormonism?

No Catholics are made to say "I know the church is true" at 5 years old.
IHAQ
God

Post by IHAQ »

Your OP is correct that the Church and Brad are unshakably convinced that their brand of supernatural belief is superior to all others. The Church and Brad hold that the only people who will reside with God for eternity are Mormons who are married. Where things have changed is that Church Leaders have realised that Mormonism as a lone voice has very little influence (other churches leaders have concluded similarly), so cosying up to other supernatural belief organisations provides a more critical mass if they can each pretend to share common ground. That means they have to stop calling the opposition “the whores of all the earth” and stop claiming to be “the one true church” and starting being more mealy mouthed about it. Like saying all churches have a portion of the truth…or other spin doctor type mantras.

Brad has not been produced in a vacuum. But he’s an adult and should be held accountable for not using his brain to see where his church beliefs are abhorrent.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

IHAQ wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:59 pm
Your OP is correct that the Church and Brad are unshakably convinced that their brand of supernatural belief is superior to all others. The Church and Brad hold that the only people who will reside with God for eternity are Mormons who are married. Where things have changed is that Church Leaders have realised that Mormonism as a lone voice has very little influence (other churches leaders have concluded similarly), so cosying up to other supernatural belief organisations provides a more critical mass if they can each pretend to share common ground. That means they have to stop calling the opposition “the whores of all the earth” and stop claiming to be “the one true church” and starting being more mealy mouthed about it. Like saying all churches have a portion of the truth…or other spin doctor type mantras.

Brad has not been produced in a vacuum. But he’s an adult and should be held accountable for not using his brain to see where his church beliefs are abhorrent.
Agreed, it's the typical Mormon two-faced approach. Tell the public one thing, while winking at the members that you know it isn't true.

Brad's message was meant for members only, not meant to be outted to the rest of the world.
Atlanticmike
God

Post by Atlanticmike »

drumdude wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:52 pm
Bought Yahoo wrote:
They don't actually. Have you been a member of a religion that wasn't Mormonism?

🤯 Obviously you’ve never talked to someone who spent their childhood going to a catholic school. You wouldn’t believe some of the stories I’ve heard from New York Italians talking about attending catholic schools.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Atlanticmike wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:03 pm
drumdude wrote:

🤯 Obviously you’ve never talked to someone who spent their childhood going to a catholic school. You wouldn’t believe some of the stories I’ve heard from New York Italians talking about attending catholic schools.
I went to Catholic sunday school and certainly never was exposed to anything like the indoctrination I saw in Mormonism.

Lets say you're right. 1.6 million students attend Catholic schools, many of whom aren't Catholic. Being generous and assuming 100% are, that is a whopping 0.1% of the Catholic population currently being indoctrinated.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

I think it has to do with organizational branding. "Look, we are not just new and improved, we are the only brand of Hair Restorer that works. Why just look at Brother Brought Yahoo's luxurious mane of hair, and you will see that this is the world's only true hair tonic!!!" "Brother Yahoo has never let a drop of those so-called "other tonics" touch his scalp." "We've got a direct source to Holy Kickapoo Joy Juice."

Wouldn't you agree, Pastors Shades and Consiglieri? Proper branding and testimonials build the product.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Moksha wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:13 pm
I think it has to do with organizational branding. "Look, we are not just new and improved, we are the only brand of Hair Restorer that works. Why just look at Brother Brought Yahoo's luxurious mane of hair, and you will see that this is the world's only true hair tonic!!!" "Brother Yahoo has never let a drop of those so-called "other tonics" touch his scalp." "We've got a direct source to Holy Kickapoo Joy Juice."

Wouldn't you agree, Pastors Shades and Consiglieri? Proper branding and testimonials build the product.
Watching Mormonism Live every week made my hair shinier, my acid reflux disappear, and I lucked into a million dollar inheritance from a relative I didn't even know existed!

Thanks RFM!
Bought Yahoo
High Councilman

Post by Bought Yahoo »

drumdude wrote:
Bought Yahoo wrote:

Idiot.

The issue is not a five year old repeating some tautology. The issue, for Chistians, is whether to accept baptism from another religion

And the, Christianity is a drop in the bucket. My friend, a Persian Muslim, says that he and his family would be killed if he ever converted to Christianity.