Backyard Professor Live Discussion on the Kevin Barney Semitic Adaptation Theory of the Book of Abraham

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Shulem
God

Re: Backyard Professor Live Discussion on the Kevin Barney Semitic Adaptation Theory of the Book of Abraham

Post by Shulem »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:17 am
Shulem wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:05 am

Philo,

The bulk of the thread has been rightfully tossed down into the Telestial Forum.

Ed1 is entirely your problem now. He's on my ignore list and I will never converse with him ever again. So, you'll have to deal with him on your own account. He is YOUR problem.

Ta, mate.
I haven't ever viewed Ed1 as a problem. I'm just enjoying conversation at the moment.

Fine, He is all yours. As for me, I'm done with him from here on out. There is absolutely nothing I have enjoyed from his miserable conversations.

Just so you know.
Ed1
High Priest

Post by Ed1 »

Last edited by Ed1 on Sun Apr 03, 2022 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the wise; seek what they sought.” ― Matsuo Basho
Ed1
High Priest

Post by Ed1 »

Last edited by Ed1 on Sun Apr 03, 2022 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the wise; seek what they sought.” ― Matsuo Basho
Philo Sofee
God

Re: Backyard Professor Live Discussion on the Kevin Barney Semitic Adaptation Theory of the Book of Abraham

Post by Philo Sofee »

Ed1
The whole story is then known. Science and Joseph Smith coming together show a fuller picture, and the marriage of the two is the sharper focus. Your logic is Joseph Smith vs. science, and contradiction, which you choose to set up that way, by a personal choice in interpretation.
I didn't follow the actual evidence as an apologist, and I have now chosen to do so to see where it leads. This is what you are seeing in my videos. So yes, it is my personal choice to follow the evidence. And sure there is always interpretation, but there is also probability, which is far more serious than I had supposed as an apologist. I do now know better, it is why I am taking this approach.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Moksha wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:00 am
Shulem, what if the apologists were to say that you should forget about Joseph Smith since the truth has now been revealed to them?
Well, with continuing revelation and whatnot, why not? Their prophets do so, the apologists may as well... :D