John Gee & "Interpreter" Deliver Yet Another Book of Abraham Embarrassment

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Moksha
God

Re: John Gee & "Interpreter" Deliver Yet Another Book of Abraham Embarrassment

Post by Moksha »

Shulem wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:04 am
This chariot is the kind you read about in the Bible possessed by the Egyptians and they were fast and fearsome and pulled by strong horses as fast as lightning.
:twisted:
Like the chariot in Ben-Hur with the rip saw hubcaps?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Moksha wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:23 am
Shulem wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:04 am
This chariot is the kind you read about in the Bible possessed by the Egyptians and they were fast and fearsome and pulled by strong horses as fast as lightning.
:twisted:
Like the chariot in Ben-Hur with the rip saw hubcaps?

I wouldn't go so far as to say that. Just something with a little more pizzazz.

Shulem
God

The Great Pyramids

Post by Shulem »

QUESTION FOR PROFESSOR JOHN GEE

In light of our understanding from the Book of Abraham and Josephus, do you think that it's plausible that Joseph Smith believed the great pyramids were built AFTER Abraham visited Egypt and delivered the said sciences of astronomy and mathematics to the Egyptians?

Please write your next paper on that subject.

I'll be happy to critique your work before you publish it and share it with your cronies.

:lol:
Philo Sofee
God

Re: The Great Pyramids

Post by Philo Sofee »

Shulem wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:43 pm

In light of our understanding from the Book of Abraham and Josephus, do you think that it's plausible that Joseph Smith believed the great pyramids were built AFTER Abraham visited Egypt and delivered the said sciences of astronomy and mathematics to the Egyptians?

I'll be happy to critique your work before you publish it and share it with your cronies.

You know he wouldn't do that, he wouldn't be able to publish it in the Interpreter, it would be too truthful... ;)
Shulem
God

Re: The Great Pyramids

Post by Shulem »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:07 am
Shulem wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:43 pm

You know he wouldn't do that, he wouldn't be able to publish it in the Interpreter, it would be too truthful... ;)

Right. Joseph Smith minimized the ancient Egyptians as copycats in mimicking the sacred priesthood order in trying to be like Adam and Noah. I can't imagine Joseph Smith thinking that the Egyptians had the ability to build the great pyramids without receiving assistance from their Babylonian counterparts from the east. It took Abraham going over to Egypt and explaining how mathematics (geometry too) can enable builders to produce structures that align with the stars above.

Isn't that right, Mr. McGee?

Where the hell is Doctor Scratch? His drive by post has become a hit and run. No commentary? No observations? What's up with that my good Doctor? I'm concerned. Have you lost your touch?
Doctor Scratch
B.H. Roberts Chair of Mopologetic Studies

Post by Doctor Scratch »

The thing is, Shulem—I recognize my own limitations. Why should I get in the way of an expert like yourself? By all means, carry on, my friend!
"If, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Doctor Scratch wrote:
Fri Mar 25, 2022 12:14 am
The thing is, Shulem—I recognize my own limitations. Why should I get in the way of an expert like yourself? By all means, carry on, my friend!

Oh, okay. That makes perfect sense. Now I get it.

Thank you very much for clarifying that for me! I'm both honored and humbled to be recognized in such high esteem. Indeed, I am the greatest Book of Abraham critic to have ever lived. That is so true. I set the ultimate bar for the apologists.

Thank you.

:D
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Shulem wrote:
Fri Mar 25, 2022 12:25 am
Doctor Scratch wrote:
Fri Mar 25, 2022 12:14 am

Oh, okay. That makes perfect sense. Now I get it.

Thank you very much for clarifying that for me! I'm both honored and humbled to be recognized in such high esteem. Indeed, I am the greatest Book of Abraham critic to have ever lived. That is so true. I set the ultimate bar for the apologists.

Thank you.

:D
OK, they have the ultimate bar, however, their mums have indicated that they must be in by 11:00 p.m., so this is why there seldom is a lot of wholesome and verifying activity concerning the Book of Abraham authenticity from their quarter, they are not allowed to stay up late and enjoy festivities with the rest of us... And cab fare has skyrocketed, what with the price of fuel going through the roof and all, many apologists have taken to coming to the bar on their bicycles, some have even purchased e-bikes with the sacred funds they have received from producing films such as "The Witnesses."
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 2:10 pm
"The Witnesses."

I've not seen the movie other than trailers. Is there any chance they might do a kind of sequel using the papyrus for the Book of Abraham as the main fare? Can you imagine? They could do a piece on Josiah Quincy visiting Smith's Egyptian exhibit.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Shulem wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 2:19 pm
Philo Sofee wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 2:10 pm
"The Witnesses."

I've not seen the movie other than trailers. Is there any chance they might do a kind of sequel using the papyrus for the Book of Abraham as the main fare? Can you imagine? They could do a piece on Josiah Quincy visiting Smith's Egyptian exhibit.
I wonder if Lou Midgley would audition for playing the part of Quincy... I think Gemli would make a fine Joseph Smith. Those two together could cause the film to become an intergalactic best seller.