ONLY begotten Son

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
LittleNipper
Nursery

Re: ONLY begotten Son

Post by LittleNipper »

Kishkumen wrote:
Sun Mar 27, 2022 11:47 am
LittleNipper wrote:
Sun Mar 27, 2022 2:50 am
I didn't! I said that the last book of the Bible --- REVELATION of JESUS CHRIST was written around 95AD. The final authoritative canon of the NEW TESTAMENT was established in Jerusalem in 350 AD; however, REVELATIONS had already been written over two centuries earlier.
Well, I am glad you clarified what your poorly written earlier post appeared to imply. Still, your post is very misleading in that it paints a picture of a unified and well organized early Christianity that only the uninformed or Christian apologists cling to.
Maybe these verses of the early Church are better written:

Galatians 1:8-9 But even if we or an angel from heaven should proclaim to you a gospel contrary to what we proclaimed to you, let that person be condemned! What we have told you in the past I am now telling you again: If anyone proclaims to you a gospel contrary to what you received, let that person be condemned!

Matthew 24:24-25 False messiahs and false prophets will come and do great miracles and wonders, trying to fool the people God has chosen, if that is possible. Now I have warned you about this before it happens.

2 Corinthians 11:4-6 For if someone comes to you and preaches a Jesus other than the Jesus we preached, or if you receive a different spirit from the Spirit you received, or a different gospel from the one you accepted, you put up with it easily enough. I do not think I am in the least inferior to those “super-apostles.” I may indeed be untrained as a speaker, but I do have knowledge. We have made this perfectly clear to you in every way.
LittleNipper
Nursery

Post by LittleNipper »

Kishkumen wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:38 pm
Only begotten according to the flesh.
Only begotten. CHRIST and the FATHER are ONE with the SPIRIT. Hebrews 1:1-3 NIV

In the past God spoke to our ancestors through the prophets at many times and in various ways, (2) but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom also he made the universe. (3) The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.
msnobody
Prophet

Post by msnobody »

Welcome back, Little Nipper. I thought I recognized your username from many moons ago.
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

LittleNipper wrote:
Mon Mar 28, 2022 5:49 pm

Galatians 1:8-9 But even if we or an angel from heaven should proclaim to you a gospel contrary to what we proclaimed to you, let that person be condemned! What we have told you in the past I am now telling you again: If anyone proclaims to you a gospel contrary to what you received, let that person be condemned!

Matthew 24:24-25 False messiahs and false prophets will come and do great miracles and wonders, trying to fool the people God has chosen, if that is possible. Now I have warned you about this before it happens.

2 Corinthians 11:4-6 For if someone comes to you and preaches a Jesus other than the Jesus we preached, or if you receive a different spirit from the Spirit you received, or a different gospel from the one you accepted, you put up with it easily enough. I do not think I am in the least inferior to those “super-apostles.” I may indeed be untrained as a speaker, but I do have knowledge. We have made this perfectly clear to you in every way.
None of these scriptures proves your point at all, LittleNipper. All I can see is that you believe your own brand of Christianity. Good for you. Beyond that, I see nothing here that justifies your position. You like Paul, and you quote that Gospel of Matthew. Good for you.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

LittleNipper wrote:
Mon Mar 28, 2022 5:55 pm
Only begotten. CHRIST and the FATHER are ONE with the SPIRIT. Hebrews 1:1-3 NIV

In the past God spoke to our ancestors through the prophets at many times and in various ways, (2) but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom also he made the universe. (3) The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.
Thanks for your witness, LittleNipper. Again, we are talking here about a Mormon interpretation of things, not your partisan sectarian version of things.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
LittleNipper
Nursery

Post by LittleNipper »

Kishkumen wrote:
Mon Mar 28, 2022 6:46 pm
LittleNipper wrote:
Mon Mar 28, 2022 5:49 pm

None of these scriptures proves your point at all, LittleNipper. All I can see is that you believe your own brand of Christianity. Good for you. Beyond that, I see nothing here that justifies your position. You like Paul, and you quote that Gospel of Matthew. Good for you.
LittleNipper
Nursery

Post by LittleNipper »

LittleNipper wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 12:28 am
Kishkumen wrote:
Mon Mar 28, 2022 6:46 pm

I would have to disagree. These portions of the Bible, as well as others ---- are contrary to Mormon doctrine devised by Mr. Smith.
IHAQ
God

Post by IHAQ »

sock puppet wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:35 pm
Yes, Mary was a married woman. But some religious weddings I've been to, the officiator has told the the man and woman that God is the third partner in their marriage. So, while Mary was a married woman when God had sex with her, no big whoop--he was part of Mary and Joseph's marriage, right? :roll:
A divine ménage à trois
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

LittleNipper wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 12:37 am
I would have to disagree. These portions of the Bible, as well as others ---- are contrary to Mormon doctrine devised by Mr. Smith.
No, they are passages used by people such as yourself to say that your group’s teachings are true but other groups’ are false. The scriptures themselves are practically devoid of anything beyond a message of exclusion that is wrested from a historical situation you only dimly grasp.
LittleNipper
Nursery

Post by LittleNipper »

Kishkumen wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:24 am
LittleNipper wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 12:37 am
No, they are passages used by people such as yourself to say that your group’s teachings are true but other groups’ are false. The scriptures themselves are practically devoid of anything beyond a message of exclusion that is wrested from a historical situation you only dimly grasp.
And this is the passage I suppose used by people such as yourself to say that your group’s (Mormon) teachings are true but other groups’ are false? :roll: 1Corinthians 15:29
¶“29Otherwise, what will those do who are baptized for the dead? If the dead are not raised at all, why then are they baptized for them?”