ONLY begotten Son

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Fence Sitter
2nd Counselor

Re: ONLY begotten Son

Post by Fence Sitter »

LittleNipper wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:45 am
Kishkumen wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:24 am

No, they are passages used by people such as yourself to say that your group’s teachings are true but other groups’ are false. The scriptures themselves are practically devoid of anything beyond a message of exclusion that is wrested from a historical situation you only dimly grasp.
And this is the passage I suppose used by people such as yourself to say that your group’s (Mormon) teachings are true but other groups’ are false? :roll: 1Corinthians 15:29
¶“29Otherwise, what will those do who are baptized for the dead? If the dead are not raised at all, why then are they baptized for them?”
Welcome back LN.

It appears you are still don't understand your audience on this forum nor the difference between exegesis or eisegesis.

Kishkumen's posts will make a lot more sense to you if you spent some time understanding those two items.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

LittleNipper wrote:
And this is the passage I suppose used by people such as yourself to say that your group’s (Mormon) teachings are true but other groups’ are false? :roll: 1Corinthians 15:29
¶“29Otherwise, what will those do who are baptized for the dead? If the dead are not raised at all, why then are they baptized for them?”
So, um, Fence Sitter is right. You don't know your readership. In a sense I do not have a dog in this fight. I do not ascribe to the exclusion of anyone from the Christian club, Christian or Mormon Christian. Take your complaints to someone who cares.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
LittleNipper
Nursery

Post by LittleNipper »

Kishkumen wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 4:13 pm
LittleNipper wrote:
So, um, Fence Sitter is right. You don't know your readership. In a sense I do not have a dog in this fight. I do not ascribe to the exclusion of anyone from the Christian club, Christian or Mormon Christian. Take your complaints to someone who cares.
Well, I definitely take the Bible from an exegesis point of view and allow the Bible to explain itself. I'm aware that scripture can have multiple meanings that are all valid. There are no contradictions in the Bible, when interpreted in its own light. I don't know you personally, nor do I know how you were raised --- Catholic, Protestant, Jewish, Mormon? However, I stick with the basics, but I'm well aware of the Mormon regard for works, GOD not being the creator of EVERYTHING, and Joseph Smith's extramarital affairs. And I have heard the in-depth testimony of Micah who was a former Mormon. I don't play games. If you have a question I'll try to answer it. If you want my opinion, I will provide it. I do my best not to be verdictive and be as diplomatic as possible without being wishy washy...
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

LittleNipper wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 4:23 pm
Well, I definitely take the Bible from an exegesis point of view and allow the Bible to explain itself. I'm aware that scripture can have multiple meanings that are all valid. There are no contradictions in the Bible, when interpreted in its own light. I don't know you personally, nor do I know how you were raised --- Catholic, Protestant, Jewish, Mormon? However, I stick with the basics, but I'm well aware of the Mormon regard for works, GOD not being the creator of EVERYTHING, and Joseph Smith's extramarital affairs. And I have heard the in-depth testimony of Micah who was a former Mormon. I don't play games. If you have a question I'll try to answer it. If you want my opinion, I will provide it. I do my best not to be verdictive and be as diplomatic as possible without being wishy washy...
I don’t have any questions for you, and I am not looking for your opinion. It is not clear to me why you think any of this matters to me or is at all interesting to me. What you think of Mormonism, and what “Micah” (whoever that is—don’t care) said in his “testimony” are not points of curiosity for me.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
LittleNipper
Nursery

Post by LittleNipper »

Kishkumen wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:20 pm
LittleNipper wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 4:23 pm
I don’t have any questions for you, and I am not looking for your opinion. It is not clear to me why you think any of this matters to me or is at all interesting to me. What you think of Mormonism, and what “Micah” (whoever that is—don’t care) said in his “testimony” are not points of curiosity for me.
Sadly, you seem to be the only one who exists on the forum, so in fact you exhibit more curiosity than those residing in graveyard behind my house. I'm sorry that other points of view are not what you are seeking, nor seemingly any interesting conversation. It seems you have found the right place. Sorry to have awakened you from your slumber ------- enjoy your nap...
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

LittleNipper wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:00 pm
Sadly, you seem to be the only one who exists on the forum, so in fact you exhibit more curiosity than those residing in graveyard behind my house. I'm sorry that other points of view are not what you are seeking, nor seemingly any interesting conversation. It seems you have found the right place. Sorry to have awakened you from your slumber ------- enjoy your nap...
Oh, I am plenty interested in conversation. You are not engaging in conversation. I have curiosity to learn from people who have something worthwhile to teach me. My favorite Christian writer is David Bentley Hart. The stuff you have written portends a boring non-conversation I have seen many, many times before.
LittleNipper
Nursery

Post by LittleNipper »

Kishkumen wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:18 pm
LittleNipper wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:00 pm
Oh, I am plenty interested in conversation. You are not engaging in conversation. I have curiosity to learn from people who have something worthwhile to teach me. My favorite Christian writer is David Bentley Hart. The stuff you have written portends a boring non-conversation I have seen many, many times before.
So, do you believe that you are going to heaven or hell when you die and why? ;)
msnobody
Prophet

Post by msnobody »

LittleNipper wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 1:10 am
Kishkumen wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:18 pm

So, do you believe that you are going to heaven or hell when you die and why? ;)
I can’t answer for Kish, but rest assured, he is loved by the Lord, it will be exactly where the Lord has planned, and that from before the foundation of the world, and to His glory alone.

I’m not sure how one would expect an answer to this question when the person may or may not have a belief in heaven versus hell. Again, I can’t speak for the one of whom you’ve asked this question.

I tend to think of my fellow posters as living testimonies of the Lord working in their lives. We are all on a spiritual journey and each in his or her own place, and pace in that journey. In my participation on the board(s) over the past 20 years, God has revealed a lot to me about myself, Himself, and others. At times, many times, He has disciplined me severely, and changed my way of thinking. It is freeing LN, to trust the Lord to work in the hearts of people, as only He can do. He is always at work drawing men to Himself.

I’ve got to do a weather check.
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7
LittleNipper
Nursery

Post by LittleNipper »

msnobody wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 1:25 am
LittleNipper wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 1:10 am

I can’t answer for Kish, but rest assured, he is loved by the Lord, it will be exactly where the Lord has planned, and that from before the foundation of the world, and to His glory alone.

I’m not sure how one would expect an answer to this question when the person may or may not have a belief in heaven versus hell. Again, I can’t speak for the one of whom you’ve asked this question.

I tend to think of my fellow posters as living testimonies of the Lord working in their lives. We are all on a spiritual journey and each in his or her own place, and pace in that journey. In my participation on the board(s) over the past 20 years, God has revealed a lot to me about myself, Himself, and others. At times, many times, He has disciplined me severely, and changed my way of thinking. It is freeing LN, to trust the Lord to work in the hearts of people, as only He can do. He is always at work drawing men to Himself.

Thanks. The fact is that I don't know either (regarding Kish). I do firmly know that if Heaven exists than Hell exists. There is more about Hell in the Bible than of Heaven. So, if someone doesn't believe in THE CHRIST and CHRIST is the only way of salvation, then that individual should also be doing a weather check before the unthinkable occurs. Death comes to everyone eventually.
msnobody
Prophet

Post by msnobody »

LittleNipper wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 2:01 am
msnobody wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 1:25 am

Thanks. The fact is that I don't know either (regarding Kish). I do firmly know that if Heaven exists than Hell exists. There is more about Hell in the Bible than of Heaven. So, if someone doesn't believe in THE CHRIST and CHRIST is the only way of salvation, then that individual should also be doing a weather check before the unthinkable occurs. Death comes to everyone eventually.
This is true. I just think we (Christians as you and I probably understand it) tend to trust more in the created rather than the Creator without even realizing it. I think at times we expect others to have faith in Christ, and when they can’t muster it, we get frustrated with them. We tend to forget that it is God who imparts the gracious gift of faith and just at the right time.

As an aside and something I’ve found intriguing is that some missionary acquaintances to Africa once told me of some indigenous people that had faith in God/Christ and told them, “So that [Jesus] is his name.” It has always intrigued me that they knew Christ before they had heard His name.
Last edited by msnobody on Thu Mar 31, 2022 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7