“Wither she did go” ??

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Shulem
God

Re: “Wither she did go” ??

Post by Shulem »

Thanks everyone for your comments and input. This has been an interesting thread and the implications I've proposed can be supported and excused depending on how you look at things. So, at this point, I'll just hang it up and wait for Bokovoy to come in and state his opinion. Let's see if he is willing to give Smith a pass and justify this kind of terminology in the Book of Mormon which heavily imitates the Jewish scriptures via the 1611 KJV. Let's see what Bokovoy has to say when he is ready to come and say it.

In the meantime, "wither did that poor ship go?" Right into the mouth of the Susquehanna River and into the land northward. Yeah, baby! That's exactly what Smith was thinking while looking at his American map.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

DAVID BOKOVOY, where the hell are you? This is a dereliction of duty!

David wrote:Golly, Shulem. I must have forgot.

Get ur ass into this thread, David, and report to duty.

Attention!

:shock:
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Shulem wrote:
Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:13 pm
In the meantime, "wither did that poor ship go?" Right into the mouth of the Susquehanna River and into the land northward. Yeah, baby! That's exactly what Smith was thinking while looking at his American map.

Shulem, do you think they arrived at Otsego Lake? How far could the Susquehanna River be navigated?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Moksha wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:08 pm
Shulem wrote:
Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:13 pm

Shulem, do you think they arrived at Otsego Lake? How far could the Susquehanna River be navigated?

That's a question best given to Dan Vogel who has been doing a lot of podcasts lately and mentioning Kidd and the Susquehanna. You'd think he's smart enough to make the connection but I've not had much luck convincing him of much of anything. He's stuck on his stupid Panama neck and mound thingy. I don't know about Dan. It's going to take a lot work to convert him to Delmarva. Oh for Christ's sake. :roll:

Shulem wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 1:08 am
Vogel’s recent podcast interview (Aug 31, 2022) mentions Captain Kidd’s alleged treasure in association to Joseph Smith’s treasure digging. Thus, the lore of Kidd’s treasure is brough closer to Smith via the Susquehanna River which I believe is the same river in which Joseph Smith envisioned Hagoth sailing from the west sea of the narrow neck “into the land northward”.

Dan Vogel wrote:
video snip
Dan Vogel Interview part 1- Magical Worldview & Seer Stones

Robert (William) Kidd, he was a pirate and eventually caught and hung, hanged, in London. So, the tale was that Robert (William) Kidd, Captain Kidd, buried his treasure along the Atlantic shore of America of the United States and so treasure digging was more prevalent along that shore but the people that were inland kind of started trying to tap into that lore also by saying that Captain Kidd may have not buried it on the shore, maybe he buried his treasure upstream, along the streamways, that connected to the Atlantic, various people would be digging for Captain Kidd’s treasure along there….
Dan Vogel wrote:
video snip

What I was going to mention was that the waterways, and one of them was that maybe Captain Kidd went up the Susquehanna River and the Susquehanna River goes through Harmony Pennsylvania. This is the river that Joseph Smith and Oliver Cowdery baptized themselves in and it’s the river in the house Joseph lived in was in feet of this river and they believe that in 1825 when Joseph Smith was hired by Josiah Stowell to go there, and he had dug the previous year without success….
Dan Vogel wrote:
video snip

Josiah Stowell wasn’t the first to dig on this hill either, there were two previous digs at the same location without success. So, they had imagined that the treasure of the pirates had gone up the Susquehanna and stopped there and dug a hole and buried the treasure in it and it was enchanted and so when Josiah Stowell went and hired Joseph Smith to take him there in November, so he had dug on it in the summer before this November 1825, or October, in November they finally got there and when they got there on the 11th if I’m not mistaken, they signed a contract there and this is where Joseph Smith met Isaac Hale, Emma Hale’s Father, because some of the money diggers were boarding with him.

Dan,

If Joseph Smith can imagine Captain Kidd sailing up the Susquehanna River to bury treasure then it’s equally reasonable that he could envision Hagoth sailing up the same river to deposit his treasure which consisted of people looking for a better life.

;)
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Why Otsego lake? This is the first time I’ve heard of this.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:07 pm

- Doc

Beats me. But Otsego Lake is the source of the Susquehanna and therefore would be the end of the line for anyone traveling upstream.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Shulem wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:03 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:07 pm

- Doc

Beats me. But Otsego Lake is the source of the Susquehanna and therefore would be the end of the line for anyone traveling upstream.
Sort of a shame an entire Book of Mormon section was not dedicated to that epic river journey. A tale of the journey from the West Sea of the Chesapeake Bay to the unknown Otsego Lake would have helped to enliven many General Conference talks. The Interpreter Foundation would be hesitant to put forth Lake Titicaca as the disembarkation point because of the name.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

So, Dan the man, what do you think of girl-ships in the Bible and in the Book of Mormon?

McClellan wrote: Hi, Shulem.