Shulem challenges RFM’s magical powers

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Shulem
God

Re: Shulem challenges RFM’s magical powers

Post by Shulem »

Kish doesn’t know what he’s talking about. Smith didn’t write the Book of Mormon. He dictated it with his head in a hat. He told stories. He did not write a book. It’s all fiction that he passed off as nonfiction which was his big lie. I don’t think Kish understands Smith at all.
Tator
CTR B

Post by Tator »

The Bible was written by fictional characters in a non-fictional geographical setting.

The American Bible was written by a non-fictional author in a geographical setting that is fictional.

To me it's still all fiction.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Shulem wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 4:23 pm
I am right when I said many of the characters in the Bible were real people. Kings of Egypt are also mentioned. The Book of Mormon characters are fiction, all fake. Bible geography is real. Book of Mormon geography is based on imagination using Delmarva.
Read my post above. Fictional and fake are not disqualifying characteristics for the Biblical genre.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Tator wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 4:51 pm
The Bible was written by fictional characters in a non-fictional geographical setting.

The American Bible was written by a non-fictional author in a geographical setting that is fictional.

The geographical setting is America, Tator. Is America fictional?
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Shulem wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 4:37 pm
Kish doesn’t know what he’s talking about. Smith didn’t write the Book of Mormon. He dictated it with his head in a hat. He told stories. He did not write a book. It’s all fiction that he passed off as nonfiction which was his big lie. I don’t think Kish understands Smith at all.
Maybe you should go back to school or take some adult education courses on these topics, Shulem. Your ignorance on this topic is stunning. Oral composition in dictation to scribes is a perfectly normal option for composing books and other kinds of documents. Some writers spoke into cassette recorders and handed the cassettes to typists. Don’t opine so confidently when you are transparently clueless about something.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Tator wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 4:22 pm
Joseph Smith wrote the Book of Mormon as an American Bible.

So is it fiction or non-fiction?
So bookstore categories are the limits of literary understanding now?
Tator
CTR B

Post by Tator »

Kishkumen wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 5:07 pm
Tator wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 4:51 pm

The geographical setting is America, Tator. Is America fictional?
So that makes Joe's story true?
Bret Ripley
2nd Counselor

Post by Bret Ripley »

Tator wrote:
Walked into a bookstore the other day that had recently divided their inventory into just two sections: fiction and non-fiction. They chucked me out when I asked where I might find a copy of T. S. Eliot's 'Murder in the Cathedral.'
Tator
CTR B

Post by Tator »

Kishkumen wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 5:17 pm
Tator wrote:
Joseph Smith wrote the Book of Mormon as an American Bible.

So bookstore categories are the limits of literary understanding now?
You're right I haven't spent a dime on a literary degree so you and Joe are right, he wrote scripture straight from God. I get it.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Tator wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 5:20 pm
So that makes Joe's story true?
Does geography make the Bible true?