Shulem challenges RFM’s magical powers

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Kishkumen
God

Re: Shulem challenges RFM’s magical powers

Post by Kishkumen »

Tator wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 5:26 pm
You're right I haven't spent a dime on a literary degree so you and Joe are right, he wrote scripture straight from God. I get it.
Obviously you don’t. Genres don’t come from God. They come from human authors and human readers.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Bret Ripley wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 5:21 pm
Walked into a bookstore the other day that had recently divided their inventory into just two sections: fiction and non-fiction. They chucked me out when I asked where I might find a copy of T. S. Eliot's 'Murder in the Cathedral.'
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Kishkumen wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 5:13 pm
Shulem wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 4:37 pm
Kish doesn’t know what he’s talking about. Smith didn’t write the Book of Mormon. He dictated it with his head in a hat. He told stories. He did not write a book. It’s all fiction that he passed off as nonfiction which was his big lie. I don’t think Kish understands Smith at all.
Maybe you should go back to school or take some adult education courses on these topics, Shulem. Your ignorance on this topic is stunning. Oral composition in dictation to scribes is a perfectly normal option for composing books and other kinds of documents. Some writers spoke into cassette recorders and handed the cassettes to typists. Don’t opine so confidently when you are transparently clueless about something.

Rolling my eyes. It’s pointless trying to reason with you. You just keep on thinking whatever you want. I’m not going to waste my time further on that regard and consider your insults silly boy talk. Push off.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Sorry your little ego is wounded, Shulem, but you are ranting like a damned fool. When you obviously don’t know something, you should go get informed, not lash out at the people who help you by letting you know.

Maybe someday you will grow out of this childishness.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Kishkumen wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:29 pm
Sorry your little ego is wounded, Shulem, but you are ranting like a damned fool. When you obviously don’t know something, you should go get informed, not lash out at the people who help you by letting you know.

Maybe someday you will grow out of this childishness.
Like I said. Push off.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Shulem wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 11:17 pm
Like I said. Push off.
:roll:
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Kishkumen wrote:
Sun Mar 27, 2022 12:32 am
Shulem wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 11:17 pm
Like I said. Push off.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Bret Ripley wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 5:29 am
Shulem wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:10 pm
The translators of the King James Bible were careful in selecting the words in which to translate and obviously the word "START" was never ever employed.
Long before the KJV, Wycliffe used derivations of "start" in his translation and several modern translations have followed suit (e.g. RSV, NIV). It should hardly be necessary to point to the obvious implication: Wycliffe had a seat on the celebrated "ghost committee" yet doesn't consider himself too hoity-toity to lend a hand to translators who don't have access to magic rocks and hardly ever bother to bury their source material in the woods.

You make an interesting point. Yes, later translations are more far and wide in using the English language to express meaning and provide interpretation. Even Joseph Smith was known to have later picked up various translation of the Bible and he specially favored the German translation: "The Germans are an exalted people. The old German translators are the most nearly correct—most honest of any of the translators."

Knowing that Smith originally claimed the Book of Mormon to be the most correct book on earth and later claimed the German translation was the most nearly correct of any translation, you'd think there would be a great many more STARTS in the Book of Mormon than a mere five. Once again, we see Joseph Smith sticking his foot in his mouth as he did with a stone in a hat while dictating a story with his head buried and dreaming up ideas for his scribes to write. Now that's how you dictate cultish stories like a warlock. It's storytelling to the extreme!

I feel I have grasp of this situation better than anyone on this freaking board. Yeah, how's that for humility? At this point, the hell with humility. And I gotta say, I've seen some dumb comments in this thread made by someone who should know a lot better considering they have extended education but here we see that a collage education doesn't mean jack when it comes to understanding the mysteries of Joseph Smith. It goes much deeper than that. And thank goodness I'm here to set things straight.

This thread has turned out to be more entertaining than I expected.

Oh let us carry on, carry, carry on!

:lol:
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

You make an interesting point. Yes, later translations are more far and wide in using the English language to express meaning and provide interpretation. Even Joseph Smith was known to have later picked up various translation of the Bible and he specially favored the German translation: "The Germans are an exalted people. The old German translators are the most nearly correct—most honest of any of the translators."
Of course, the so-called Wycliffe Bible predates the KJV.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Kishkumen wrote:
Sun Mar 27, 2022 2:39 pm
Of course, the so-called Wycliffe Bible predates the KJV.

You make an excellent point. Thank you.