Shulem to a wider audience

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Moksha
God

Shulem to a wider audience

Post by Moksha »

Shulem, is there a way we could have you make a podcast with RFM, Dehlin, or Kerry? Discuss Mormonism is a nice place, but what you have to say deserves wider distribution.

Ideally, the podcast should have the capacity for many of your graphics, such as maps and quotes, rather than just audio. I know Gerardo on Mormon Stories and Maven on Mormonism Live are both very adept at handling such graphics.

They usually have an on-screen version of the people involved in the discussion. If you are extra shy, a portrait of Anubis or Facsimile 3 could suffice. There is an audience awaiting you.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Shulem
God

Re: Shulem to a wider audience

Post by Shulem »

I know, I hear what you're saying and I certainly concur that a wider audience is needed in shouting out Delmarva on the housetops and let it sound in every ear. And the ear of the jackal atop poor Abubis's head has not gotten enough exposure either. The apologists are scared to death of that subject and for very good reason. The jackal nose is the most difficult Book of Abraham controversy that apologists face.

What do do? I don't know yet. There is a great deal of skepticism when it comes to Book of Mormon geography and even the critics are skeptic of new things that seem rather strange such as Delmarva and the theories I advance. I've received some great credit and some support on this board by many posters and readers here but many have remained silent and don't want to stick their necks out and make a comment one way or another. It was very gratifying when Doctor CamNC4Me gave an amazing shout out once his eyes were opened.

Apparently, RFM has been too busy and occupied with other matters and has not given this glorious revelation much attention. His mind has been on other subjects far less important. The golden egg has been laid on this board and poor RFM is oblivious to the implications of what it means or just hasn't caught the vision of what Smith was really up to. Many other notable posters on the board have remained silent and kept their distance. And that's all fine, to each their own.

I suppose a broadcaster out there who is wise enough to pick this story up and run with it will become famous and have the biggest story of Mormonism one could possibly hope for. And yes, I'm behind the whole thing and have much more to share all in good time. I've not shown all my cards! But for now, I won't be doing any podcast or public outreach. Let the theory sit on this board for the time being until someone with serious passion picks it up and runs with it. Then, they can ask for my endorsement. We will just have to wait and see what comes of it. Being on a podcast isn't my cup of tea at this time. But later, out of necessity, it may be required on my part and never mind my personal comfort zone.

Shulem wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 9:22 pm
Please select which answer is the best match for the "narrow neck" as described in the text of the Book of Mormon in which the narrow neck was an important feature of the geographical terrain.

A) Panama
B) Belize-Yucatan base
C) Tehuantepec
D) Niagara Peninsula
E) Delmarva Peninsula

I believe the following is an accurate count to date. If I'm mistaken or the selection is wrong, do let me know and I will correct the list:

E) Shulem
E) huckelberry
E) Dr Moore
E) Rivendale
E) Craig Paxton
E) Rick Grunder
E) Abaddon
E) simon southerton
E) Philo Sofee
E) Moksha
E) infinityball
E) Lem
E) Doctor CamNC4Me
E) dantana
E) malkie
E) Dr Exiled
E) Tator
E) Marcus

A) Dan Vogel
A) drumdude

How do you vote?

A) Panama
B) Belize-Yucatan base
C) Tehuantepec
D) Niagara Peninsula
E) Delmarva Peninsula
Last edited by Shulem on Mon Mar 28, 2022 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Panama.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Moksha wrote:
Mon Mar 28, 2022 7:22 pm
If you are extra shy, a portrait of Anubis … could suffice.

Preferably the ‘unmodified’ version.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

----------------

The Pharaoh from Facsimile 3

Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

A) Dan Vogel
A) drumdude

Thank you for your votes and making your opinion known on the board. I wish others would vote too. I would like to express a few words about the Panama theory and in doing so I don't mean to demean or step on toes. I've tried to keep my geography threads focused on Delmarva and avoid negative attacks against opposing theories but it's impossible to avoid some commentary and negativity because it's a natural consequence when discussing polar-like opposites.

Long ago I believed in the Panama theory. But that was very long time ago around the time of 5th grade. As a ten year old, I found looking at the Atlas and more particularly the globe to be a fascinating prospect. At that time I naturally concluded that the narrow neck of land spoken of in the Book of Mormon had to be Panama because in my mind it seemed obvious. There was a land to the north and a land to the south being separated by what was obviously the narrow neck of land. And there were seas all about that filled the picture just as described by the authors in the Book of Mormon. And so, as a boy, I naturally concluded the geography was safely tucked away, far away, way down south -- far far away.

Today, looking back at my mentality of a 10-year old I chuckle at how I so easily accepted that theory. I failed to appreciate how the Book of Mormon kept meticulous count of numbers and the chronology maintained therein was a masterpiece interwoven within the stories. It was consistent with the Old World and everything about it held together quite well. I also failed to appreciate how references to measurement and distance played a part in describing the landform in relation to cities scattered thereon and how people in various ways and fashion migrated about and maintained a close society of trade and communication. The authors (Joseph Smith) of the stories maintained what seems a precise description throughout the narrative. In other words, Smith had a map in which his secret story was based.

In my late teens I disavowed all Book of Mormon geography theories. The idea of two Cumorahs was for me a total joke. I knew in my mind that Joseph Smith never built that into the story. The final wars were fought at Cumorah in New York. The plates and Mormon's heritage involved New York and lands not too far south leading to a narrow neck and a landform whereby Zarahemla and the land of Nephi were divided by a river and the whole land was surrounded by ocean. I knew in my mind that Joseph Smith never, ever, for a second entertained the idea that Moroni carried a golden book thousands of miles from Panama to New York. That was the dumbest idea anyone could ever imagine and Joseph Smith was too smart to allow that nonsense to cap his story. It was the theories of Book of Mormon geography and apologetic denials regarding the Book of Abraham that caused me to never embrace FARMS or have much regard for Nibley. I didn't like being lied to!

I could go on, but I'll spare you.
Shulem
God

Don't pick the fruit

Post by Shulem »

Queen Pharaoh wrote:
I'm a man dressed up as a woman.

Don't you dear touch my sweet pomegranates!

Fig. 2. Queen Pharaoh, whose signs are given in the symbols in her hands having on her chest a pair of sweet fruit for RFM to squeeze.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Shulem wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 4:50 pm

A) Dan Vogel
A) drumdude

Thank you for your votes and making your opinion known on the board. I wish others would vote too. I would like to express a few words about the Panama theory and in doing so I don't mean to demean or step on toes. I've tried to keep my geography threads focused on Delmarva and avoid negative attacks against opposing theories but it's impossible to avoid some commentary and negativity because it's a natural consequence when discussing polar-like opposites.

Long ago I believed in the Panama theory. But that was very long time ago around the time of 5th grade. As a ten year old, I found looking at the Atlas and more particularly the globe to be a fascinating prospect. At that time I naturally concluded that the narrow neck of land spoken of in the Book of Mormon had to be Panama because in my mind it seemed obvious. There was a land to the north and a land to the south being separated by what was obviously the narrow neck of land. And there were seas all about that filled the picture just as described by the authors in the Book of Mormon. And so, as a boy, I naturally concluded the geography was safely tucked away, far away, way down south -- far far away.

Today, looking back at my mentality of a 10-year old I chuckle at how I so easily accepted that theory. I failed to appreciate how the Book of Mormon kept meticulous count of numbers and the chronology maintained therein was a masterpiece interwoven within the stories. It was consistent with the Old World and everything about it held together quite well. I also failed to appreciate how references to measurement and distance played a part in describing the landform in relation to cities scattered thereon and how people in various ways and fashion migrated about and maintained a close society of trade and communication. The authors (Joseph Smith) of the stories maintained what seems a precise description throughout the narrative. In other words, Smith had a map in which his secret story was based.

In my late teens I disavowed all Book of Mormon geography theories. The idea of two Cumorahs was for me a total joke. I knew in my mind that Joseph Smith never built that into the story. The final wars were fought at Cumorah in New York. The plates and Mormon's heritage involved New York and lands not too far south leading to a narrow neck and a landform whereby Zarahemla and the land of Nephi were divided by a river and the whole land was surrounded by ocean. I knew in my mind that Joseph Smith never, ever, for a second entertained the idea that Moroni carried a golden book thousands of miles from Panama to New York. That was the dumbest idea anyone could ever imagine and Joseph Smith was too smart to allow that nonsense to cap his story. It was the theories of Book of Mormon geography and apologetic denials regarding the Book of Abraham that caused me to never embrace FARMS or have much regard for Nibley. I didn't like being lied to!

I could go on, but I'll spare you.

Do you think he referenced some notes and maps before going to do the hat trick every day?

I'm thoroughly unimpressed by the book, it's much too boring to have allowed me to appreciate those meticulous details you say are in there.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

drumdude wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:13 pm
Do you think he referenced some notes and maps before going to do the hat trick every day?
Can you imagine Smith paying attention to the map after hearing tales of Captain Kidd and gold treasure in this area?
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

drumdude wrote:

Yes, absolutely. He used notes and had an outline and kept track of what he was doing. It's far too complicated for him not to have. There is no way anyone could have dictated those stories without keeping track of the chronology even though it was not flawless.

drumdude wrote:
I'm thoroughly unimpressed by the book, it's much too boring to have allowed me to appreciate those meticulous details you say are in there.

Now, just try and do that with the narrow neck of Panama! You can't, it's impossible. The narrow neck of Panama is too long, HUNDREDS of miles long and the length can't be traversed in just a day and a half. Open your eyes and look. It's that easy. The distance of the length and width of the narrow neck is given in the text as Smith made an accurate estimate on how long it would take one to march the distance from east to west and from north to south.