Is being a "Mormon" as a Man (and Married LDS), Better in the Midst of Wokeism & Secular Culture?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Marcus
God

Re: Is being a "Mormon" as a Man (and Married LDS), Better in the Midst of Wokeism & Secular Culture?

Post by Marcus »

Free Ranger wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:24 pm
Marcus wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:22 pm

Of course not. You're entitled to your opinions about marriage. I'm saying exactly what i said, no more no less: It doesn't seem like you've experienced being married to another human being.
Why are you ignoring my questions and a more civil discourse? Do you have an ethic that you abide by?
You mean questions like this?
So as a man, why would I not choose to get married as a Mormon where my masculinity and hierarchy is respected?
I already answered this. You are defining a sexist environment, which i already disagreed is an appropriate assessment of what true marriage entails. It's your choice, of course. But what you are describing is sexist.
drumdude
God

Re: Is being a "Mormon" as a Man (and Married LDS), Better in the Midst of Wokeism & Secular Culture?

Post by drumdude »

Free Ranger wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:31 pm
right now your behavior (as I've also seen on some ex-Mormon boards) is worse than anything I've seen by any Mormon in my entire life.
:lol: :roll:

You must have not been around very many Mormons either. But bravo on this troll post, 90% of which is copy/pasted incel redpill theology mixed in with a sprinkling of LDS mentions to try to make it relevant to this forum.
Free Ranger
Deacon

Post by Free Ranger »

Marcus wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:19 pm
Free Ranger wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:04 pm

Marcus, you ARE sexist. Shall we keep going with this "I know you are but what am I." If you're not interested in a civil discussion to change my mind then what are you trying to accomplish? Does attempting to insult me make you feel good? Are you virtue signalling? What is your goal?

Your behavior is actually very predictable and I will tell you what, during my exMormon years I often got irritated by the behavior of Mormon apologists like Peterson and Midgely (spelling?) but I have to be honest your behavior right as I've seen on some ex-Mormon boards is worse than anything I've seen by any Mormon in my entire life. If I were to right now appeal to some ethic to attempt a civil discourse there would be nothing that can change your behavior on here (I don't think). You have no higher standard to abide by it seems. If you do let me know? Otherwise it's a waste of energy to dialogue with you.
No, i have no interest in attempting to change your mind. It's clear what you are doing, and its no different than the last time you started threads here.

in my opinion, the extreme sexism in your posts in this thread shouldn't be left unchallenged on our board, so that's why i am responding.
What about the extreme sexism in your behavior and that of the TV shows and Woke culture I pointed out. Why did you ignore all of my points in my initial rant? Do you not see the clear anti-man atmosphere in the several examples I gave in my initial post? Are you trying to gaslight me by denying it?

When you referred to "this board" are you insinuating that this board only champions a particular political/ideological slant?
Free Ranger
Deacon

Post by Free Ranger »

drumdude wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:34 pm
Free Ranger wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:31 pm
right now your behavior (as I've also seen on some ex-Mormon boards) is worse than anything I've seen by any Mormon in my entire life.
:lol: :roll:

You must have not been around very many Mormons either. But bravo on this troll post, 90% of which is copy/pasted incel redpill theology mixed in with a sprinkling of LDS mentions to try to make it relevant to this forum.
Let the dog piling begin. So am I correct to understand that this particular board supports only a particular Leftist point of view? I spent most of my years as an exMormon away from the exMormon community, but I remember in the early 2000s you had many exmo's being both liberal and conservative politically and ideologically. But now it seems like the vast majority of exMormons have become atheistic wokeists. At least that is what I am experiencing right now and have seen on other boards. If I'm wrong, are they any conservatives who can speak up?
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

I don’t see much relevance to Mormonism. It looks like you just want to fight someone who disagrees with Jordan Peterson and Ben Shapiro.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Free Ranger wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:58 pm
Marcus wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:19 pm

No, i have no interest in attempting to change your mind. It's clear what you are doing, and its no different than the last time you started threads here.

in my opinion, the extreme sexism in your posts in this thread shouldn't be left unchallenged on our board, so that's why i am responding.
What about the extreme sexism in your behavior and that of the TV shows and Woke culture I pointed out.
Tv shows. :roll: Please. You didn’t point out any sexism in my post, and you only gave anecdotal evidence in yours, with a decidedly sexist twist.
Why did you ignore all of my points in my initial rant? Do you not see the clear anti-man atmosphere in the several examples I gave in my initial post? Are you trying to gaslight me by denying it?
I didn’t ignore you, in fact I collected and quoted your greatest sexist hits! And no, a few anecdotal stories from your slant are not evidence.
When you referred to "this board" are you insinuating that this board only champions a particular political/ideological slant?
No. but in my opinion, we do prefer to not leave bigotry and bad analysis unchallenged.
Free Ranger
Deacon

Post by Free Ranger »

Marcus wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:17 pm
Free Ranger wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:58 pm

What about the extreme sexism in your behavior and that of the TV shows and Woke culture I pointed out.
Tv shows. :roll: Please. You didn’t point out any sexism in my post, and you only gave anecdotal evidence in yours, with a decidedly sexist twist.
Why did you ignore all of my points in my initial rant? Do you not see the clear anti-man atmosphere in the several examples I gave in my initial post? Are you trying to gaslight me by denying it?
I didn’t ignore you, in fact I collected and quoted your greatest sexist hits! And no, a few anecdotal stories from your slant are not evidence.
No. but in my opinion, we do prefer to not leave bigotry and bad analysis unchallenged.
Bigot, sexist, bigot, sexist, bigot sexist bigot sexist. I am holier than thou challenging you but not actually dealing with your arguments and evidence. Pot calling the kettle black. No different than a Mormon apologist saying anti-Mormon anti-Mormon anti-Mormon anti-Mormon
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

Marcus wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 6:52 pm
No, it’s people like you who are sexist. Luckily, many are getting past that. Join us!!
So freeranger is sexist. You are past that. So what are you? freeranger referred to you as “buddy”. Are you a buddy? Even if you’re a female who goes by Marcus?

Just trying to put this together.

Join who exactly? What is it you have to offer?

By the way, I’m more than willing to be corrected, but if I’m not mistaken you at one time participated on this board using “Lemmie” as your moniker. Now you have changed your moniker to Marcus. That’s a bit confusing.

Care to explain? I’ve been down this road with you before but have been unsatisfied with your responses. Somewhat evasive.

Lemmie=female. Marcus=male. Are you one, or are you the other? And does this have any relevance to your conversation to freeranger and his views in regards to what you say?

Freeranger should know the contextual framework/position from which you are speaking. He seems to be supportive of the LDS framework in which a man is encouraged to be a man. A leader. An example of goodness and righteousness.

Again, what is it that you are offering to compete with this?

If I’m off base and Lemmie is not Marcus and Marcus is not Lemmie, please correct me.

Regards,
MG
Last edited by MG 2.0 on Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Free Ranger
Deacon

Post by Free Ranger »

drumdude wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:08 pm
I don’t see much relevance to Mormonism. It looks like you just want to fight someone who disagrees with Jordan Peterson and Ben Shapiro.
You are ignoring everything I said in my initial post and trying to frame it as only about politics. I brought up the way men are treated in our current culture. I brought up the mythology of woke culture. I brought up the family court system. I pointed out that I have voted Democrat in every election. Yet you are attempting to present me as a far-right person who only watches Ben Shapiro so you can dismiss my actual argument and evidences.

I don't watch the news or any particular political pundit but I do watch both YouTube clips of both the left and the right. I have both political views that align with both the left and the right depending on the issue. See my initial post for more details.
Free Ranger
Deacon

Post by Free Ranger »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:24 pm
Marcus wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 6:52 pm
No, it’s people like you who are sexist. Luckily, many are getting past that. Join us!!
So freeranger is sexist. You are past that. So what are you? freeranger referred to you as “buddy”. Are you a buddy? Even if you’re a female who goes by Marcus?

Just trying to put this together.

Join who exactly? What is it you have to offer?

By the way, I’m more than willing to be corrected, but if I’m not mistaken you at one time participated on this board using “Lemmie” as your moniker. Now you have changed your moniker to Marcus. That’s a bit confusing.

Care to explain? I’ve been down this road with you before but have been unsatisfied with your responses. Somewhat evasive.

Lemmie=female. Marcus=male. Are you one, or are you the other? And does this have any relevance to your conversation to freeranger and his views in regards to what you say?

Freeranger should know the contextual framework/position from which you are speaking. He seems to be supportive of the LDS framework in which a man is encouraged to be a man. A leader. An example of goodness and righteousness.

Again, what is it that you are offering to compete with this?

If I’m off base and Lemmie is not Marcus and Marcus is not Lemmie, pease correct me.

Regards,
MG
Yes, exactly, thank you MG 2.0. You could not have said it better.