Is being a "Mormon" as a Man (and Married LDS), Better in the Midst of Wokeism & Secular Culture?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
MG 2.0
God

Re: Is being a "Mormon" as a Man (and Married LDS), Better in the Midst of Wokeism & Secular Culture?

Post by MG 2.0 »

Free Ranger wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:04 pm
…it's a waste of energy to dialogue with [Marcus].
Actually, I think you may have set a board record for having recognized that fact. 😉

Although I must say, if Marcus is/was Lemmie he/she/they are somewhat more civil and good humored than the previous iteration.

I do agree with you on the point of a structured religious belief system having the means/reasons to keep men on a path that actually supports and maintains the sovereignty/femininity of women and the masculinity of men.

At least I think this is what I’m hearing from you. If so, some WOKE folks around here are going to jab you a bit.

Regards,
MG
MG 2.0
God

Re: Is being a "Mormon" as a Man (and Married LDS), Better in the Midst of Wokeism & Secular Culture?

Post by MG 2.0 »

Free Ranger wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:58 pm

When you referred to "this board" are you insinuating that this board only champions a particular political/ideological slant?
99% are running pretty close in tandem.

You’re in hot water if you support and/or appreciate what’s good/positive about the LDS Church. Especially (?) if you’re an exmormon such as yourself.

You should KNOW better. Ha ha.

Regards,
MG
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Free Ranger wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:28 pm
drumdude wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:08 pm
I don’t see much relevance to Mormonism. It looks like you just want to fight someone who disagrees with Jordan Peterson and Ben Shapiro.
You are ignoring everything I said in my initial post and trying to frame it as only about politics. I brought up the way men are treated in our current culture. I brought up the mythology of woke culture. I brought up the family court system. I pointed out that I have voted Democrat in every election. Yet you are attempting to present me as a far-right person who only watches Ben Shapiro so you can dismiss my actual argument and evidences.

I don't watch the news or any particular political pundit but I do watch both YouTube clips of both the left and the right. I have both political views that align with both the left and the right depending on the issue. See my initial post for more details.
The knee jerk reaction you had to the points I brought up says otherwise.

You painted the entire world as woke and the LDS church as some sort of bastion against it. Woke Twitter is a handful of people and not the boggeyman your post assumes. It’s just absolute nonsense unless you’ve swallowed the redpill political nonsense from Ben Shapiro and Peterson.

I know because I’ve been where you were 5 years ago back when they were new. I recommend you move beyond that simple black and white thinking.
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

drumdude wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:46 pm

You painted the entire world as woke and the LDS church as some sort of bastion against it.
I may have missed something, but I didn’t hear freeranger paint “the entire world” as woke. And yes, the LDS Church does stand as a bulwark against some forms of Wokeism.

Thank God.

Or in the case of freethinker, thank goodness. 🙂
drumdude wrote:
I recommend you move beyond that simple black and white thinking.
I recommend that you don’t paint people as “either/or”. That’s exactly what you’re doing to freethinker.

THAT’S black and white thinking.

Regards,
MG
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:55 pm
drumdude wrote:

You painted the entire world as woke and the LDS church as some sort of bastion against it.
I may have missed something, but I didn’t hear freeranger paint “the entire world” as woke. And yes, the LDS Church does stand as a bulwark against some forms of Wokeism.

Thank God.

Or in the case of freethinker, thank goodness. 🙂
drumdude wrote:
I recommend you move beyond that simple black and white thinking.
I recommend that you don’t paint people as “either/or”. That’s exactly what you’re doing to freethinker.

THAT’S black and white thinking.

Regards,
MG
It’s interesting how he paints it as a new phenomenon.

I’m sure MG, that you’re old enough to remember the culture wars of the 1980s. The idea that rock and roll and satanism was taking over the country. Mormonism was standing firmly against the growing Satanist threat! Look how well that aged, and you’ll see how well the opening post will age over the next 40 years.
Free Ranger
Deacon

Post by Free Ranger »

drumdude wrote:
Free Ranger wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:28 pm

You are ignoring everything I said in my initial post and trying to frame it as only about politics. I brought up the way men are treated in our current culture. I brought up the mythology of woke culture. I brought up the family court system. I pointed out that I have voted Democrat in every election. Yet you are attempting to present me as a far-right person who only watches Ben Shapiro so you can dismiss my actual argument and evidences.

I don't watch the news or any particular political pundit but I do watch both YouTube clips of both the left and the right. I have both political views that align with both the left and the right depending on the issue. See my initial post for more details.
The knee jerk reaction you had to the points I brought up says otherwise.

You painted the entire world as woke and the LDS church as some sort of bastion against it. Woke Twitter is a handful of people and not the boggeyman your post assumes. It’s just absolute nonsense unless you’ve swallowed the redpill political nonsense from Ben Shapiro and Peterson.

I know because I’ve been where you were 5 years ago back when they were new. I recommend you move beyond that simple black and white thinking.
I take your point. I was using comparisons yes, Mormonism vs. Wokeism. If you're trying to say there is more nuance in the real world then I will take that constructive criticism. But I was not referring to Woke Twitter by the way, I don't go on Twitter at all. I gave specific examples in my personal life and did not just speak of generalities. I spoke of real life experiences and how those experiences have led me to question if the Mormon Church is not a better "tribe" for me as a man in the current culture: that I think I did demonstrate with the examples I gave in my initial post, showing as I see it a clear trajectory toward being anti-Man.

Do I think this trajectory will ultimately produce what It wants, No. You can't deny biology and reality. But it certainly will do a lot of damage on its way. So I'm thinking of getting away from the Woke freight train and off the tracks and onto a road that actually values me as a man.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:24 pm
Freeranger should know the contextual framework/position from which you are speaking….
Really? You mean that you treat women differently than men in online discussions? What is your rational for that?
mentalgymnast wrote: I recommend that you don’t paint people as “either/or”
Unless they are either female or male, right? Why do you distinguish there, but tell others not to distinguish elsewhere?
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:36 pm
I do agree with you on the point of a structured religious belief system having the means/reasons to keep men on a path that actually supports and maintains the sovereignty/femininity of women and the masculinity of men.
:lol: Wow. My goodness. Well, good to know you and free ranger agree. Although….wow. I thought we were decades past this.
Free Ranger
Deacon

Post by Free Ranger »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:45 pm
Free Ranger wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:58 pm

When you referred to "this board" are you insinuating that this board only champions a particular political/ideological slant?
99% are running pretty close in tandem.

You’re in hot water if you support and/or appreciate what’s good/positive about the LDS Church. Especially (?) if you’re an exmormon such as yourself.

You should KNOW better. Ha ha.

Regards,
MG
Yeah you make a good point but I just don't know where else to post? At the top of this Board it says all are welcome, even Never Mos. Perhaps I should have lurcked a little more on this particular Board. But I don't know where else to go to speak to Mormons and ex-Mormons about this way of thinking of mine?

If I go on one of the True Believer forums they will be like, wait a minute you want to just be a religious humanist but not a True Believer? So that won't work.

So I thought I would just come on here and express my perspective and get some feedback and the decide where I want to proceed from there; whether I want to even try going to the Mormon Church again or not. And if I can even do that as an agnostic religious humanist.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Your first job in opening up this dialogue is to convince your audience that you're acting in good faith. The opening post offers some lip service to it, then goes on to make sweeping generalizations and accusations some of which are in poor taste.

If I hadn't watched Jordan Peterson for years, I would have no idea what you're talking about when you use the phrase "Book of Mormon is an antidote to chaos." But you go ahead and assume all of us are already caught up with the Peterson/Shapiro worldview.

There's so many claims and assertions made in your opening post that it's like a shotgun.