Is being a "Mormon" as a Man (and Married LDS), Better in the Midst of Wokeism & Secular Culture?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Marcus
God

Re: Is being a "Mormon" as a Man (and Married LDS), Better in the Midst of Wokeism & Secular Culture?

Post by Marcus »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:45 pm
Free Ranger wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:58 pm

When you referred to "this board" are you insinuating that this board only champions a particular political/ideological slant?
99% are running pretty close in tandem.
that’s a stereotype mentalgymnast tries very hard to perpetuate. It’s not true, which he would know if he would even glance at a few more threads, but his incentive to stereotype is very strong. Too bad, he’s missing out on a whole world of people he could connect with.
Free Ranger
Deacon

Re: Is being a "Mormon" as a Man (and Married LDS), Better in the Midst of Wokeism & Secular Culture?

Post by Free Ranger »

Marcus wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:11 pm
MG 2.0 wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:36 pm
I do agree with you on the point of a structured religious belief system having the means/reasons to keep men on a path that actually supports and maintains the sovereignty/femininity of women and the masculinity of men.
:lol: Wow. My goodness. Well, good to know you and free ranger agree. Although….wow. I thought we were decades past this.
Decades past what exactly, past reality, past life itself? I noticed you completely ignored those points I made about Life itself being what you would call sexist. MG 2.0, as I interpret him, was simply pointing out the reality of biological differences and general roles of the sexes, masculinity and femininity, and how Mormonism supports those differences well keeps men on a path that keeps them accountable for developing a healthy masculinity and respecting men as men and women as women.

You come off as someone traveling to see apes in the wild behave a certain way, and then complaining that you thought we were past this after giving the male apes some femininizing training and some tranquilizers and teaching them sign language and to beware of the patriarchy.
Free Ranger
Deacon

Post by Free Ranger »

Free Ranger wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:27 pm
Marcus wrote:

:lol: Wow. My goodness. Well, good to know you and free ranger agree. Although….wow. I thought we were decades past this.
Decades past what exactly, past reality, past life itself? I noticed you completely ignored those points I made about Life itself being what you would call sexist. MG 2.0, as I interpret him, was simply pointing out the reality of biological differences and general roles of the sexes, masculinity and femininity, and how Mormonism supports those differences and keeps men on a path that keeps them accountable for developing a healthy masculinity and respects men as men and women as women.

You come off as someone traveling to see apes in the wild behave a certain way, and then complaining that you thought we were past this after giving the male apes some femininizing training and some tranquilizers and teaching them sign language and to beware of the patriarchy.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Free Ranger wrote:
Marcus wrote:

Decades past what exactly, past reality, past life itself? I noticed you completely ignored those points I made about Life itself being what you would call sexist. MG 2.0, as I interpret him, was simply pointing out the reality of biological differences and general roles of the sexes, masculinity and femininity, and how Mormonism supports those differences well keeps men on a path that keeps them accountable for developing a healthy masculinity and respecting men as men and women as women.

:lol: Well, that’s a novel way to disparage half the human race and thereby insult the entire human race. But sure, you and mentalgymnast seem to be on similar wavelengths. More power to you. Carry on with your masculinity exercises, you cute little kiddies. :D
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

Marcus wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:09 pm
MG 2.0 wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:24 pm
Freeranger should know the contextual framework/position from which you are speaking….
Really? You mean that you treat women differently than men in online discussions? What is your rational for that?
Actually, I try very hard not to. But, you know, it is helpful to know if you are speaking to a male or female.

Don’t you agree?

And honestly, I don’t know how to address you…as a male or female. Androgynous? I mean, whatever. It’s just kind of weird…if you are/were Lemmie why you won’t just own up to it or deny it.

I think most people would be cool with whatever you identify as. But the fact is, I for one, have no idea.

And yes, it matters in a particular conversation such as this. Men…masculinity. Females…femininity. LDS teachings in regards to what makes a good man.

Or maybe a non-binary person should be looked to as THE authoritative voice? Not saying that’s what you are (non-binary), but some folks might like to know.

Personally? I would be a bit hesitant about leaning on the voice of a non-binary person as being authoritative in a conversation with this opening OP. I know others might feel differently.

And that’s OK.

But in my opinion it’s not a bad thing to know where someone is coming from as they are speaking to patriarchy, etc.

Regards,
MG
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

Marcus wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:22 pm
MG 2.0 wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:45 pm

99% are running pretty close in tandem.
that’s a stereotype mentalgymnast tries very hard to perpetuate. It’s not true, which he would know if he would even glance at a few more threads, but his incentive to stereotype is very strong. Too bad, he’s missing out on a whole world of people he could connect with.
80%…?

😉

Regards,
MG
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

Free Ranger wrote:
Marcus wrote:

Yep.

Regards,
MG
Free Ranger
Deacon

Post by Free Ranger »

drumdude wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:20 pm
Your first job in opening up this dialogue is to convince your audience that you're acting in good faith. The opening post offers some lip service to it, then goes on to make sweeping generalizations and accusations some of which are in poor taste.

If I hadn't watched Jordan Peterson for years, I would have no idea what you're talking about when you use the phrase "Book of Mormon is an antidote to chaos." But you go ahead and assume all of us are already caught up with the Peterson/Shapiro worldview.

There's so many claims and assertions made in your opening post that it's like a shotgun.
What did I say that was in poor taste?

And what exactly offended you so much?

It sounds like you're just upset that I used Jordan Peterson as a reference. I also mentioned Nietzsche, and many other references. So I think it's just the Peterson thing that triggered you.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:40 pm
Marcus wrote:

Really? You mean that you treat women differently than men in online discussions? What is your rational for that?
Actually, I try very hard not to.
That’s good. But….uh-oh. The rest of your post…..
MG 2.0 wrote:
But, you know, it is helpful to know if you are speaking to a male or female.

Don’t you agree?

And honestly, I don’t know how to address you…as a male or female. Androgynous? I mean, whatever. It’s just kind of weird…if you are/were Lemmie why you won’t just own up to it or deny it.

I think most people would be cool with whatever you identify as. But the fact is, I for one, have no idea.

And yes, it matters in a particular conversation such as this. Men…masculinity. Females…femininity. LDS teachings in regards to what makes a good man.

Or maybe a non-binary person should be looked to as THE authoritative voice? Not saying that’s what you are (non-binary), but some folks might like to know.

Personally? I would be a bit hesitant about leaning on the voice of a non-binary person as being authoritative in a conversation with this opening OP. I know others might feel differently.

And that’s OK.

But in my opinion it’s not a bad thing to know where someone is coming from as they are speaking to patriarchy, etc.
Wow. So, an entire post literally disagreeing with your initial statement:
MG 2.0 wrote:
Marcus wrote:
Actually, I try very hard not to.
Okay then. Not too believable, are you? :D
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Free Ranger wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:46 pm
drumdude wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:20 pm
Your first job in opening up this dialogue is to convince your audience that you're acting in good faith. The opening post offers some lip service to it, then goes on to make sweeping generalizations and accusations some of which are in poor taste.

If I hadn't watched Jordan Peterson for years, I would have no idea what you're talking about when you use the phrase "Book of Mormon is an antidote to chaos." But you go ahead and assume all of us are already caught up with the Peterson/Shapiro worldview.

There's so many claims and assertions made in your opening post that it's like a shotgun.
What did I say that was in poor taste?

And what exactly offended you so much?

It sounds like you're just upset that I used Jordan Peterson as a reference. I also mentioned Nietzsche, and many other references. So I think it's just the Peterson thing that triggered you.
Yep just a troll. Glad I didn't waste any more time.

Keep up the oppression narrative. You're a very special snowflake that has some very unique not copy pasted ideas.