Is being a "Mormon" as a Man (and Married LDS), Better in the Midst of Wokeism & Secular Culture?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Gadianton
God

Re: Is being a "Mormon" as a Man (and Married LDS), Better in the Midst of Wokeism & Secular Culture?

Post by Gadianton »

FR, yes, you did recommend that video first and it was just luck that I ended up googling it.

I just have one more question. I ask this because while clearly, you've done your own extensive reading on a variety of topics, on the topic of feminism in particular, you haven't said much in your own words.
Free Ranger wrote:For example I put down money, enter the theater and I've already situated myself and got comfortable, I'm an hour in and realizing I'm absorbing Woke propaganda
The links you've sent aside, I'm interested in a clear example of such a movie that you've experienced yourself. So my question: Can you provide me with an example of when you went to a movie, put your money down, got comfortable, and then an hour in, you realize it's all woke propaganda?

What movie was it? What were your expectations before the movie began? How did your feelings about it change as the movie progressed?
Free Ranger
Deacon

Re: Is being a "Mormon" as a Man (and Married LDS), Better in the Midst of Wokeism & Secular Culture?

Post by Free Ranger »

huckelberry wrote:
Sat Apr 02, 2022 8:55 pm
I checked the Chris Hanna link. He discovered that Benson was prophetic, the communist are using the civil rights movement to take over America.

I think the civil rights movement is larger and more important than communist efforts to use it. It is true that the party has tried to use the movement for a hundred years now.
Yeah, I started to re listen to the video clip of Chris Hanna here: https://youtu.be/CgmvO8_-fww

What stood out to me on a second listening, is how he points out that being someone who's spent more time interacting with the ex-Mormon community than I have, that he has been kind of surprised at just how much wokeism has infiltrated Atheism and exMormonism. He points out how often he is gas-lit.

It is curious to me that so many otherwise skeptical and rational people who become atheist and/or exmormon, so readily imbibe and defend the wokeism cult.
Free Ranger
Deacon

Post by Free Ranger »

Gadianton wrote:
Sat Apr 02, 2022 9:31 pm
FR, yes, you did recommend that video first and it was just luck that I ended up googling it.

I just have one more question. I ask this because while clearly, you've done your own extensive reading on a variety of topics, on the topic of feminism in particular, you haven't said much in your own words.
Free Ranger wrote:For example I put down money, enter the theater and I've already situated myself and got comfortable, I'm an hour in and realizing I'm absorbing Woke propaganda
The links you've sent aside, I'm interested in a clear example of such a movie that you've experienced yourself. So my question: Can you provide me with an example of when you went to a movie, put your money down, got comfortable, and then an hour in, you realize it's all woke propaganda?

What movie was it? What were your expectations before the movie began? How did your feelings about it change as the movie progressed?
The most recent example I can think of is the new Batman movie. I did not sit there in the theater and take notes of everything that irritated me about the film. I just remember picking up on a lot of woke propaganda. It's hard to remember now exactly what in detail, because I was more annoyed at how much it ripped off of the movie Seven. When I got home the first thing I did was Google "new Batman movie and Seven." I would have to re-watch it or Google what others have said about the film to remind myself. But I just remember watching it and picking up on a lot of woke propaganda and feeling annoyed. It was also terribly boring and long.

A recent movie I did like is the newest Ben Affleck movie, Deep Water. I have no idea what the intention of the producers and screenwriters were, but my interpretation is that like Euphoria season 2 episode 2, it may have been pointing out the problems with feminist Wokeism. Spoiler alert. If you have not seen the film, stop reading now. …

… basically I interpreted the film Deep Water as saying, whether or not this was the intent or not: okay you woke feminists, you go ahead and emasculate your man (like Jada Pinkett does with Will Smith) and abandon the traditional role of the loyal wife and sleep around on him and expect him to just go along with it, but you can't expect him to abandon his natural biological masculine drives to mate guard; and you can't ignore that if you're going to cheat on him you may potentially in the worst-case scenario, bring out his primal masculinity and produce homicidal tendencies (especially if he is a psychopath which Ben Affleck's character appears to be; as he responds flippantly about the damage that his drones do and having no empathic reaction).
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

Free Ranger wrote:
Sat Apr 02, 2022 9:35 pm
huckelberry wrote:
Sat Apr 02, 2022 8:55 pm

I think the civil rights movement is larger and more important than communist efforts to use it. It is true that the party has tried to use the movement for a hundred years now.
Yeah, I started to re listen to the video clip of Chris Hanna here: https://youtu.be/CgmvO8_-fww

What stood out to me on a second listening, is how he points out that being someone who's spent more time interacting with the ex-Mormon community than I have, that he has been kind of surprised at just how much wokeism has infiltrated Atheism and exMormonism. He points out how often he is gas-lit.

It is curious to me that so many otherwise skeptical and rational people who become atheist and/or exmormon, so readily imbibe and defend the wokeism cult.
free ranger, I have been a proponent of civil rights, feminism, and gay rights for over fifty years. I have not felt a requirement to become a communist. In fact I think the furtherance of those liberation hopes are the best wall against communism and other forms of fascism.
I should add worker rights migrant rights and environmental protection.
Free Ranger
Deacon

Post by Free Ranger »

Gadianton wrote:
Sat Apr 02, 2022 9:31 pm

I got curious and decided to Google it myself and here you go: https://youtu.be/GmGzk3Dfuig

The video is made by a woman by the way, tried to find her name. I think her name is just Nerdette.
Last edited by Free Ranger on Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

huckelberry wrote:
Sat Apr 02, 2022 9:58 pm
…free ranger, I have been a proponent of civil rights, feminism, and gay rights for over fifty years….
Thank you for that. The bigotry from this OP is insidious and becoming increasingly disgusting, it’s a breath of fresh air to hear from other posters.
Last edited by Marcus on Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Free Ranger
Deacon

Post by Free Ranger »

huckelberry wrote:
Free Ranger wrote:
Sat Apr 02, 2022 9:35 pm

free ranger, I have been a proponent of civil rights, feminism, and gay rights for over fifty years. I have not felt a requirement to become a communist. In fact I think the furtherance of those liberation hopes are the best wall against communism and other forms of fascism.
Good for you. I too am a proponent of civil rights, first and second wave feminism, gay rights and protecting the environment. Never been a communist.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Good for you. I too am a proponent of civil rights, first and second wave feminism, gay rights and protecting the environment. Never been a communist.
It’s interesting to see you claim this. My guess is that Marcus does not believe you.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Free Ranger wrote:
Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:14 pm
huckelberry wrote:

What you have posted in this thread clearly shows you are NOT a proponent of feminism, at all.
But perhaps just as central was the second wave’s focus on changing the way society thought about women. The second wave cared deeply about the casual, systemic sexism ingrained into society — the belief that women’s highest purposes were domestic and decorative, and the social standards that reinforced that belief — and in naming that sexism and ripping it apart.

https://www.vox.com/2018/3/20/16955588/ ... ird-fourth
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Kishkumen wrote:
Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:34 pm
It’s interesting to see you claim this. My guess is that Marcus does not believe you.
:lol: You’re a mind reader.