General Conference 2022

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Moksha
God

Re: General Conference 2022

Post by Moksha »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 12:48 am
Did anyone watch anything today of Saturday's session?
There was mention of a "woman" conducting the session at MD&D. Scott Lloyd thinks that women have always conducted such sessions.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:05 am
I was expecting DCP to get a special award from the 12 today for Witnesses. Especially since Witnesses was completely snubbed by the Oscar’s.

I know DCP is very disappointed. He spent a lot of time rehearsing what he would say today during his acceptance speech.

I just had food spit out of my mouth reading this. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

drumdude wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:41 am
Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:05 am
I was expecting DCP to get a special award from the 12 today for Witnesses. Especially since Witnesses was completely snubbed by the Oscar’s.

I know DCP is very disappointed. He spent a lot of time rehearsing what he would say today during his acceptance speech.

I just had food spit out of my mouth reading this. :lol: :lol: :lol:
That's two of us!!!
Fence Sitter
2nd Counselor

Post by Fence Sitter »

Moksha wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:12 am
"Scott Lloyd thinks"
I believe I see the problem.

LLoyd is a bloviating prig.
Dr. Sunstoned
Valiant A

Post by Dr. Sunstoned »

Equality wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 12:40 am

What's really amazing is that "the Lord" impressed upon Rusty's mind precisely the same position that Rusty held in an internal debate among the Brethren on a matter of bureaucratic minutia (and it was the exact opposite position to the one strongly held by "the Lord's" mouthpiece just two administrations prior). A miracle!
Let's not forget that the November 2015 policy of exclusion was also declared a revelation:

"
Each of us during that sacred moment felt a spiritual confirmation," Nelson, next in line for the Mormon presidency, told the faith's young adults in the first official explanation of the hotly debated policy's origins. "It was our privilege as apostles to sustain what had been revealed to President Monson."
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Dr. Sunstoned wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 4:12 am
Equality wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 12:40 am

What's really amazing is that "the Lord" impressed upon Rusty's mind precisely the same position that Rusty held in an internal debate among the Brethren on a matter of bureaucratic minutia (and it was the exact opposite position to the one strongly held by "the Lord's" mouthpiece just two administrations prior). A miracle!
Let's not forget that the November 2015 policy of exclusion was also declared a revelation:

"
Each of us during that sacred moment felt a spiritual confirmation," Nelson, next in line for the Mormon presidency, told the faith's young adults in the first official explanation of the hotly debated policy's origins. "It was our privilege as apostles to sustain what had been revealed to President Monson."
Well, the Lord probably just skipped over the probability of rejection and imagined the people would listen to his specially chosen holy, sacred prophet and just mindlessly accept everything he tells his prophet as they have all been brainwashed to do, with the Lord's approval, of course. This does happen in the heavens also as well as on earth, apparently. Once people got very firm with the Lord's prophet, the Lord woke up and realized "Oh crap! I might have overstepped my bounds, I better back off," and Lo and Behold! The actual, real revelation occurred when Jesus got back from vacationing in the Andromeda Galaxy, to just disregard the first one. That Lord is a smart, flexible dude I tell ya.
Equality
CTR B

Post by Equality »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 12:52 pm
Dr. Sunstoned wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 4:12 am

"
Well, the Lord probably just skipped over the probability of rejection and imagined the people would listen to his specially chosen holy, sacred prophet and just mindlessly accept everything he tells his prophet as they have all been brainwashed to do, with the Lord's approval, of course. This does happen in the heavens also as well as on earth, apparently. Once people got very firm with the Lord's prophet, the Lord woke up and realized "Oh crap! I might have overstepped my bounds, I better back off," and Lo and Behold! The actual, real revelation occurred when Jesus got back from vacationing in the Andromeda Galaxy, to just disregard the first one. That Lord is a smart, flexible dude I tell ya.
That happened in the early 80s, as well, when Jesus told Spencer Kimball to tell Bishops to ask married couples if they engaged in oral sex and, if so, to prohibit them from entering the House of the Lord. Jesus didn't foresee the pushback from the Bishops and the flock, apparently, but once it occurred, Jesus changed his mind--not about oral sex. No, it's still church doctrine that such is an unholy, unnatural, and impure practice, even among married couples in the privacy of their own bedrooms. But Jesus just doesn't care quite enough about it to make his stewards ask tithe-paying married couples about it to keep them from polluting his holy house.

Adolescents' self-love habits, however, are still fair game for grown men to ask about behind closed doors.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

cinepro wrote:
Sat Apr 02, 2022 9:52 pm
“The Lord has impressed upon my mind the importance of the name He has revealed for his church, even The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints”

https://www.thechurchnews.com/leaders-a ... ormon-1417
I'm beginning to wonder if "even" is part of the churches name, and Jesus' name.
IHAQ
God

Post by IHAQ »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:35 pm
cinepro wrote:
Sat Apr 02, 2022 9:52 pm
I'm beginning to wonder if "even" is part of the churches name, and Jesus' name.
“The name of the church is not negotiable,” said President Nelson. "When the Savior clearly states what the name of His church should be … He is serious. And if we allow nicknames to be used or adopt or even sponsor those nicknames ourselves, he is offended.”
The Church ran a seriously expensive campaign, including two movies under the banner “I’m A Mormon”. Why didn’t they know then that they were seriously offending Jesus?
Equality
CTR B

Post by Equality »

IHAQ wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:45 pm
Doctor Steuss wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:35 pm

“The name of the church is not negotiable,” said President Nelson. "When the Savior clearly states what the name of His church should be … He is serious. And if we allow nicknames to be used or adopt or even sponsor those nicknames ourselves, he is offended.”
The Church ran a seriously expensive campaign, including two movies under the banner “I’m A Mormon”. Why didn’t they know then that they were seriously offending Jesus?
I got news for Rusty Donuts. "Prophet, seer, and revelator" David Bednar says that Jesus can just suck it up and choose not to be offended:
However, it ultimately is impossible for another person to offend you or to offend me. Indeed, believing that another person offended us is fundamentally false. To be offended is a choice we make; it is not a condition inflicted or imposed upon us by someone or something else.