General Conference 2022

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Philo Sofee
God

Re: General Conference 2022

Post by Philo Sofee »

IHAQ wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:45 pm
Doctor Steuss wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:35 pm

I'm beginning to wonder if "even" is part of the churches name, and Jesus' name.
“The name of the church is not negotiable,” said President Nelson. "When the Savior clearly states what the name of His church should be … He is serious. And if we allow nicknames to be used or adopt or even sponsor those nicknames ourselves, he is offended.”
The Church ran a seriously expensive campaign, including two movies under the banner “I’m A Mormon”. Why didn’t they know then that they were seriously offending Jesus?
Well he was ticked off enough to get rid of Monson so Nelson could come in and play hero! What more do ya want fer cryin out loud?
bill4long
2nd Counselor

Post by bill4long »

Equality wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 4:02 pm
That happened in the early 80s, as well, when Jesus told Spencer Kimball to tell Bishops to ask married couples if they engaged in oral sex and, if so, to prohibit them from entering the House of the Lord.
It was not clear to me at the time why "Jesus" would care about oral sex, as long as it wasn't done inside the temples. Strange that "Jesus" has no problem with toilets in the temples where people can defecate and change tampons, etc. Isn't that just as icky to the divine sensibilities? One wonders.
Adolescents' self-love habits, however, are still fair game for grown men to ask about behind closed doors.
It's almost as if these dudes are pervs, or something. Glad I didn't raise my kids in it. P.S. I always just lied when I was a teen and was asked about my private habits. I was a convert at 12, and very independent minded and never bought into the pervish Q&A. I suppose I wasn't fated to remain a Mormonite for long.

--Bill
The views and opinions expressed by Bill4Long could be wrong and are subject to change at any time. Viewer discretion is advised.
IHAQ
God

Post by IHAQ »

Great point
Equality wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:01 am
I got news for Rusty Donuts. "Prophet, seer, and revelator" David Bednar says that Jesus can just suck it up and choose not to be offended:
However, it ultimately is impossible for another person to offend you or to offend me. Indeed, believing that another person offended us is fundamentally false. To be offended is a choice we make; it is not a condition inflicted or imposed upon us by someone or something else.
Nelson “The name of the church is not negotiable,” said President Nelson. "When the Savior clearly states what the name of His church should be … He is serious. And if we allow nicknames to be used or adopt or even sponsor those nicknames ourselves, he is offended.”

These guys talk so much they always end up contradicting each other.