Church membership numbers not good.

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Morley
God
Location: Gotta love this 1794 woodcut portrait by Toshusai Sharaku.

Re: Church membership numbers not good.

Post by Morley »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 4:54 pm

......<snip>......

...They are men of faith and testimony in the restoration. I am prone to go generally in their direction rather than in the direction of those that have apostatized from the church and left EVERYTHING behind.

Given away their birthright, so to speak.
Morley wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 7:46 pm
Ha! My good faith question elicited a jeremiad.
MG 2.0 wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:04 pm

https://www.merriam-webster.com/thesaurus/jeremiad

I fail to see where your response has any direct meaning/connection in response to my post.

jeremiad

Noun
jeremiad (plural jeremiads)

A long speech or prose work that bitterly laments the state of society and its morals, and often contains a prophecy of its coming downfall.

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/jeremiad
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

Morley wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:04 pm
MG 2.0 wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 4:54 pm

......<snip>......

...They are men of faith and testimony in the restoration. I am prone to go generally in their direction rather than in the direction of those that have apostatized from the church and left EVERYTHING behind.

Given away their birthright, so to speak.
Morley wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 7:46 pm
Ha! My good faith question elicited a jeremiad.
MG 2.0 wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:04 pm

https://www.merriam-webster.com/thesaurus/jeremiad

I fail to see where your response has any direct meaning/connection in response to my post.

jeremiad

Noun
jeremiad (plural jeremiads)

A long speech or prose work that bitterly laments the state of society and its morals, and often contains a prophecy of its coming downfall.

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/jeremiad
That’s a real stretch. Be that as it may, it is what it is.

Back to the regularly scheduled program.

Numbers are going down and the church is on its last legs and heading towards a death spiral.

Back on track. ;)

Regards,
MG
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 12:15 am
Numbers are going down and the church is on its last legs and heading towards a death spiral.
Does it matter? We're in the latter days and Christ is just around the corner. Another 200... maybe 2000 years from now...
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

MG 2.0 wrote:
That’s a real stretch. Be that as it may, it is what it is.
This exquisite bit of nothingness deserves its own line in the forum, absolutely.

It is not even possible to say less than this, at all. Even with fewer letters, or more. The bar has been lowered, as infinitely low as it is possible to lower it. A record has been set, and must needs be recognized as such.
:D :D :D :D
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:33 pm
Chap wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:17 pm
... [God] just can't do his stuff unless the tiny creatures on one little planet build special buildings, put on particular clothes, and do special stuff. It's quite reasonable, really.
As an alternative we have…

Drum roll please…

Regards,
MG
Oooh that's SOOO difficult.

How about forgetting about religions based on ancient Semitic war-gods (with all the associated dressing up and rituals), and human beings getting together to find ways to solve the problems that currently threaten continued human existence on this planet, on the basis that no-one else is there to do the job for us?
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
IHAQ
God

Post by IHAQ »

Chap wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:36 am

How about forgetting about religions based on ancient Semitic war-gods (with all the associated dressing up and rituals), and human beings getting together to find ways to solve the problems that currently threaten continued human existence on this planet, on the basis that no-one else is there to do the job for us?
It’s amazing that wishful thinking and not eating food for 24 hours stops wars and pandemics…
Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

I must say that I like the references MG makes to seeing the big picture. It seemingly works, or it's at least a response, when confronted with contrary evidence. Just look at the big picture, whatever that is, and Mormonism suddenly becomes true. Don't see it? Look harder. I see it and it is glorious, blah, blah, blah.

Too bad it can be used to justify pretty much anything to the point that it is a meaningless response.
Myth is misused by the powerful to subjugate the masses all too often.
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

Chap wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:36 am
MG 2.0 wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:33 pm

As an alternative we have…

Drum roll please…

Regards,
MG

Yeah, like that’s worked out real well. The only real solution is the gospel of Jesus Christ and obedience to His commandments. Especially the two great commandments.

The gospel also teaches us to be good stewards over the world/planet.

Throughout history the majority of folks have either ignored or rebelled against the fullness of the gospel. Sadly, this is also true even in our day and time.

Good luck saving the world, Chap.

The crap may hit the fan within our lifetime. The great reset is already in motion. It will take a large groundswell of folks at this point in time to turn things around.

I doubt you’ll be part of that groundswell. Everything is hunky dory and we’re doing an awesome job solving humanities problems on our own without God, aren’t we?

Regards,
MG
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

Dr Exiled wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:54 am
I must say that I like the references MG makes to seeing the big picture. It seemingly works, or it's at least a response, when confronted with contrary evidence. Just look at the big picture, whatever that is, and Mormonism suddenly becomes true. Don't see it? Look harder. I see it and it is glorious, blah, blah, blah.

Too bad it can be used to justify pretty much anything to the point that it is a meaningless response.
It depends on your vantage point.

Regards,
MG
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

drumdude wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 12:21 am
MG 2.0 wrote:
Does it matter? We're in the latter days and Christ is just around the corner.
One can only hope.

Regards,
MG