Mormon leaks exposes vast real estate wealth

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Tacenda
Sunbeam

Re: Mormon leaks exposes vast real estate wealth

Post by Tacenda »

Well, when you have billions of dollars, and need to find something to spend money on....
Oh, wait....
Hmmm, is it a good thing?
Or....
should we follow the 4th mission statement of the church....or not.....
ETA: I do know the church helps people worldwide...just isn't enough compared to their pile of wealth.
Fence Sitter
2nd Counselor

Post by Fence Sitter »

Tacenda wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 4:45 pm
Well, when you have billions of dollars, and need to find something to spend money on....
Oh, wait....
Hmmm, is it a good thing?
Or....
should we follow the 4th mission statement of the church....or not.....
ETA: I do know the church helps people worldwide...just isn't enough compared to their pile of wealth.
The church requires it's members to donate 10% of their income to God and it can't even manage to give 1% to those in need.
The wealth of the church is measured in hundreds of billions, while it's charitable contributions are measured in millions.

I think Hinkley had it right when he promoted the Mormon brand because Christ sure doesn't want to claim this Ponzi scheme.
BeNotDeceived
Priest

Post by BeNotDeceived »

How anyone can read an article or story like this and still call it a 'church' is incredibly perplexing. Can you imagine being a corporation in the U.S. with hundreds of billions in net worth (the latest estimation being approx. $800 billion), being tax-exempt (for the most part) and getting a lot of your labor for free from your 'members' while at the same time, requiring your employees (missionaries) to spend $500 of their own money per month for 2 years out in the world preaching a narrative you admitted 8 years ago wasn't true in order to recruit more free-laboring tithe-payers? The 'church' has got to be the envy of all big corporations out there and what they are able to pull off in this country. :lol:
GiordanoBruno
Nursery

Post by GiordanoBruno »

8-) It’s clearly time for the Church to cover all missionary expenses. And not a bad idea to give a bonus at successful completion of, say, $5000 or $10,000 to help with school or prompt marriage.
sock puppet
2nd Counselor

Post by sock puppet »

GiordanoBruno wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 7:56 pm
8-) It’s clearly time for the Church to cover all missionary expenses. And not a bad idea to give a bonus at successful completion of, say, $5000 or $10,000 to help with school or prompt marriage.
Sort of like the GI Bill. The U.S. Gov't is much more generous to those that serve than the LDS Church is.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal." Groucho Marx
"The truth has no defense against a fool determined to believe a lie." Mark Twain
The best lack all conviction, while the worst//Are full of passionate intensity." Yeats
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

A simpl start would be paying for the professional cleaning and maintenance of all of their buildings. It continues to flabbergast me that they don’t do that.
Rivendale
God

Post by Rivendale »

Marcus wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:40 pm
A simpl start would be paying for the professional cleaning and maintenance of all of their buildings. It continues to flabbergast me that they don’t do that.
It is an honor to remove Brighamite stains didn't you know that?
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

BeNotDeceived wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 7:37 pm
How anyone can read an article or story like this and still call it a 'church' is incredibly perplexing. Can you imagine being a corporation in the U.S. with hundreds of billions in net worth (the latest estimation being approx. $800 billion), being tax-exempt (for the most part) and getting a lot of your labor for free from your 'members' while at the same time, requiring your employees (missionaries) to spend $500 of their own money per month for 2 years out in the world preaching a narrative you admitted 8 years ago wasn't true in order to recruit more free-laboring tithe-payers? The 'church' has got to be the envy of all big corporations out there and what they are able to pull off in this country. :lol:
It's essentially Scientology without the bad press. Because Mormons are "such nice people."
BeNotDeceived
Priest

Post by BeNotDeceived »

The reason the 'church' has members clean all of their meetinghouses is because they laid off all paid janitors when Beneficial Life went belly-up and they lost $500 million. I think this graphic speaks for itself...
32-Billion-Toilet-300x300.jpg
32-Billion-Toilet-300x300.jpg (21.49 KiB) Viewed 618 times