Plea to support DCPs blog

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Gadianton
God

Re: Plea to support DCPs blog

Post by Gadianton »

wow, Sam LeFevre himself upvoted that comment?

Today was the first time in a few weeks I've perused SeN. It looks like his populist base is growing from those commenting on that thread. When Sam LeFevre is the smartest guy in the room, it's time to find another room.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Some of the riveting discussion found only on Sic Et Non Blog

IHAQ
God

Post by IHAQ »

Only a few short days after exhorting blog readers to give five star ratings, Peterson disables the ability for blog readers to give five star ratings…
PL:. "I just tried unsuccessfully to edit my earlier comment to add a star rating and a message appeared saying "thread ratings are disabled for this site". Is this more hater mischief?"

No. It was just me taking away the hater's principal reason for living. Pretty unchristian of me, I suppose.
https://www.patheos.com/blogs/danpeters ... -week.html

He doesn’t appear to have given this board (this thread) credit for pointing out the folly of his ways, and informing him that star ratings don’t improve the outcome of google searches. I’m guessing that is why he’s done the U-turn rather than the above excuse - nonsensical in the context of his original plea for more ratings.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

One Dan kicks off all posters not rating him as five stars, he will be the Star of Patheos. Not sure other religious bloggers will resort to his methods or motivations due to differing ethics.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

IHAQ wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:48 am
Only a few short days after exhorting blog readers to give five star ratings, Peterson disables the ability for blog readers to give five star ratings…
PL:. "I just tried unsuccessfully to edit my earlier comment to add a star rating and a message appeared saying "thread ratings are disabled for this site". Is this more hater mischief?"

No. It was just me taking away the hater's principal reason for living. Pretty unchristian of me, I suppose.

He doesn’t appear to have given this board (this thread) credit for pointing out the folly of his ways, and informing him that star ratings don’t improve the outcome of google searches. I’m guessing that is why he’s done the U-turn rather than the above excuse - nonsensical in the context of his original plea for more ratings.
So all along, he could have solved his problem this way, but instead he publicly agonized over low ratings, and repeatedly posted the names, single star ratings and nasty comments he said were from those who had been shadow-banned? Why? Just so he could show how much of a victim he was? So he could play the martyr? He really does need attention, doesn’t he?
malkie
God

Post by malkie »

Marcus wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:02 am
IHAQ wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:48 am

So all along, he could have solved his problem this way, but instead he publicly agonized over low ratings, and repeatedly posted the names, single star ratings and nasty comments he said were from those who had been shadow-banned? Why? Just so he could show how much of a victim he was? So he could play the martyr? He really does need attention, doesn’t he?
Piet Hein wrote:It's not very pretty,
In pitiful fashion,
To angle for pity -
It merits compassion.
You can help Ukraine by talking for an hour a week!! PM me, or check www.enginprogram.org for details.
Слава Україні!, 𝑺𝒍𝒂𝒗𝒂 𝑼𝒌𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒊!
Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

Yes, it turns out that the ratings thing was just about DCP not liking criticism. It wasn't about Google or website ratings. It was about him.

I'm more and more open to the idea that DCP is behind these supposed malcontents that down vote him. He needs a devil to rail against because only the special, amazing people like Joseph Smith have detractors like this. Having people that supposedly hate him shows him and his groupies how important he really is.
Myth is misused by the powerful to subjugate the masses all too often.
Doctor Scratch
B.H. Roberts Chair of Mopologetic Studies

Post by Doctor Scratch »

I notice that Gemli has a whopping 16 upvotes! Even though he disabled the star rating, Dr. Peterson is still getting his butt kicked in the ratings department.
"If, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14
dastardly stem
God

Post by dastardly stem »

DCP's good at begging Mormons for stuff. It's how he's made a name for himself. I mean the weeping God story was cute and all, but it didn't get him notoriety.

Falling back on his roots.
“Every one of us is, in the cosmic perspective, precious. If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In a hundred billion galaxies, you will not find another.”
― Carl Sagan, Cosmos
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Dan is tired of defending the faith. Decades of work and what to show for all the apologetic work? The biggest decline of the church since Kirtland.

Let’s just give him a break and let him copy and paste in peace.