Plea to support DCPs blog

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Paloma
Nursery

Re: Plea to support DCPs blog

Post by Paloma »

Moksha wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 3:02 pm
Paloma wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:35 pm
But I do expect 'more' from DCP as I would think he'd expect of himself - as a compassionate Christian.
At SeN, they would laugh at you in parseltongue.
So true!
I'd come back with "though I speak with tongues of angels, and have not love! ..."

(Cue more parseltongue laughter - I know!)
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Louis Midgley
Billy Shears
24 days ago

When someone, like BS, asserts that they strive to be honest, they are also clearly intending that those to whom they are boasting are not being honest.
Hmm. This says quite a bit about how Midgley thinks, and what his own not infrequent bragging about himself means. Wow. What an insight into his mind.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Midge is the exception to the rule that most people become kinder and nicer as they age.
malkie
God

Post by malkie »

Marcus wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 6:52 pm
Louis Midgley
Billy Shears
24 days ago

When someone, like BS, asserts that they strive to be honest, they are also clearly intending that those to whom they are boasting are not being honest.
Hmm. This says quite a bit about how Midgley thinks, and what his own not infrequent bragging about himself means. Wow. What an insight into his mind.
Didn't you know that honesty is a zero-sum game? [/sarcasm]
You can help Ukraine by talking for an hour a week!! PM me, or check www.enginprogram.org for details.
Слава Україні!, 𝑺𝒍𝒂𝒗𝒂 𝑼𝒌𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒊!
malkie
God

Post by malkie »

drumdude wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 6:54 pm
Midge is the exception to the rule that most people become kinder and nicer as they age.
I certainly have - just ask me! :)
You can help Ukraine by talking for an hour a week!! PM me, or check www.enginprogram.org for details.
Слава Україні!, 𝑺𝒍𝒂𝒗𝒂 𝑼𝒌𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒊!
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

The problem I have with this plea for support is that evidently I have to comment in order to give stars?

I had gone through giving stars to posts, not realizing that my stars were not recorded because I had not left a comment.

I would be happy to give DCP stars, but I am not as motivated to give him comments in order to give him stars.

No offense intended, Daniel, but I rarely feel the need to comment, despite the fact that I very much enjoy reading.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Marcus wrote:
Louis Midgley
Billy Shears
24 days ago

Midgley has a mind?
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Wed Apr 13, 2022 1:44 am
Marcus wrote:

Midgley has a mind?
:lol: Well, even nasty little Midge-bugs, who exist only to torture others, have teensy little brains. I think.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Marcus wrote:
Wed Apr 13, 2022 1:49 am
Philo Sofee wrote:
Wed Apr 13, 2022 1:44 am

Midgley has a mind?
:lol: Well, even nasty little Midge-bugs, who exist only to torture others, have teensy little brains. I think.
That's one of those little brat bugs which in the ancient Abraham legends crawled up Nimrod's nose and drove him mad for trying to "sacrifice" Abraham isn't it?! Talk about proof of where Midgley's "snottiness" comes from - Midgley confirmed to be genuinely authentic in antiquity by one of his ancestors... :D
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Peterson, Monday, wrote: And, finally, did you happen to catch the video of the April 2022 World Report of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints? If you didn’t, you might want to watch it for the several appalling horrors contained in it — chilling abominations that plainly come here’s from deep within the Christopher Hitchens Memorial “How Religion Poisons Everything” File©:

“The April 2022 Edition of the World Report”

Be sure, when you watch it, to have somebody nearby in case you need emergency assistance. Preferably a cardiologist or an emergency medical technician.
followed by
Peterson, Tuesday, wrote: There are gravely important issues at stake. And they’re not always — they’re almost never — simple matters of black versus white, of clear good versus manifest evil. Decent people are on both sides.

Can we please lay off the demonization and the vilification and the name-calling a bit? Can we try harder to be civil and mutually respectful?