Plea to support DCPs blog

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Moksha
God

Re: Plea to support DCPs blog

Post by Moksha »

dastardly stem wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 1:30 pm
Yes, I'm feeling certain gemli recognizes this too. All things considered, as I recall gemli remains quite gentle with Midgley despite his petulance.
Gemli recognizes the signs of Bendii Syndrome and shows compassion.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Paloma wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:08 pm
Perhaps DCP and Midgley revel in the thought that their continued mockery of dissidents along with the threats to limit or ban critics' presence on sic et non causes angst to their critics.

The only angst I feel is sorrow that Midgley at this point in his long life seems to think what counts in his favour is his academic pedigree and all the beautiful places on earth he's resided in for some length of time, or has visited. And not to forget all the prestigious people he knows!

Not to take away from his pleasure in those ... but according to his writing, they hold ultimate value in his personal ranking system.

I find that sad.
Me too. And, apparently, following the the rules…
Louis Midgley
The Last Danite
21 hours ago

TLD: Utter nonsense. The fact is that we prosper if and only if we obey rules.
Midgley frequently refers to his “charmed life,” so obviously he thinks he follows the rules. Not the golden rule, clearly, but then, he strikes me as having that old school Mormon mindset that “nonmembers” ( I.e, 99.9% of the people on the planet) don’t really matter.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Louis Midgley
DanielPeterson
13 hours ago

...and currently, as many if not most of the comments have show no civility not charity.

Louis Midgley
BLarsen
14 hours ago

BLarsen: Please stop posting comments. You intolerant mean streak is showing.
Midgley’s defining characteristic, showing his intolerant mean streak. His lack of self awareness is championship level, and his only competitive fault— his grammar falters as his mean streak dominates. :D
Father Francis
Bishop

Post by Father Francis »

Marcus wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:21 pm
Paloma wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:08 pm
Perhaps DCP and Midgley revel in the thought that their continued mockery of dissidents along with the threats to limit or ban critics' presence on sic et non causes angst to their critics.

The only angst I feel is sorrow that Midgley at this point in his long life seems to think what counts in his favour is his academic pedigree and all the beautiful places on earth he's resided in for some length of time, or has visited. And not to forget all the prestigious people he knows!

Not to take away from his pleasure in those ... but according to his writing, they hold ultimate value in his personal ranking system.

I find that sad.
Me too. And, apparently, following the the rules…
Louis Midgley
The Last Danite
21 hours ago

TLD: Utter nonsense. The fact is that we prosper if and only if we obey rules.
Midgley frequently refers to his “charmed life,” so obviously he thinks he follows the rules. Not the golden rule, clearly, but then, he strikes me as having that old school Mormon mindset that “nonmembers” ( I.e, 99.9% of the people on the planet) don’t really matter.
Kinda sounds like an MLM scheme to me...
Father Francis
Bishop

Post by Father Francis »

Moksha wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:17 pm
dastardly stem wrote:
Yes, I'm feeling certain gemli recognizes this too. All things considered, as I recall gemli remains quite gentle with Midgley despite his petulance.
Gemli recognizes the signs of Bendii Syndrome and shows compassion.
As I recall there is a poison that mimics Bendii Syndrome and there is a cure for that. Better call Dr. Crusher or the EMH if she isn't available.
malkie
God

Post by malkie »

drumdude wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:13 pm
Dan and midge live to name drop. Dan just posted this gem:

“Another of my friend’s sisters is the widow of Elder L. Tom Perry, of the Quorum of the Twelve.”

My friend’s sister’s widow is Elder Perry!

Oh and the widow doesn’t get a name, since her personal worth is completely based on being the wife of a general authority. Even though it’s her story Dan is retelling in his copy paste someone else’s story blog post.
My ex-wife's mother's best friend's sister was married to the personal physician to the crown prince of Saudi Arabia!

Top that, if you can!!!
You can help Ukraine by talking for an hour a week!! PM me, or check www.enginprogram.org for details.
Слава Україні!, 𝑺𝒍𝒂𝒗𝒂 𝑼𝒌𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒊!
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

dastardly stem wrote:
Physics Guy wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:42 am

Being called stupid in a sentence like this loses some of its sting.
Mostly. Occasionally gemli tries to inject a tiny bit of reality into Midgley’s infantile nastiness.
Louis Midgley gemli • 9 hours ago

gemli cannot name a single theist, and has not read a book by a theist.

gemli Louis Midgley • 6 hours ago

Given the number of theists that exist, it would surprise me if I hadn't read a book by one. But I'm fairly certain I've read more books about atheism than you have.

Louis Midgley gemli • 9 hours ago

How would dogmatic gemli know, since he refuses to read books.

gemli Louis Midgley • 6 hours ago

I've mentioned before which books I'm reading, and some that I have read. It demeans us both that I had to do this, but I don't know how else to respond to your rather odd claims of my lack of familiarity of "books."
Midgley’s only settings are infantile and demeaning. Why Peterson allows him to freely crap all over his board is beyond me.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Marcus wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:22 am
Midgley’s only settings are infantile and demeaning. Why Peterson allows him to freely crap all over his board is beyond me.
Both friendship and understanding of the devastating progression of Bendii Syndrome.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

I just read the DCP post and comments for the first time. He needed reassurance to continue in his bias, and he got it. Hooray! Hey we all need that, so I am happy for him to receive it as well.
Tapir Rodeo
Sunbeam

Post by Tapir Rodeo »

drumdude wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 5:54 pm
Guys. Daniel desperately needs our help and support.

Since there are people out there who methodically rate my blog entries at the lowest possible score, thus attempting to make my blog essentially invisible to internet searches, I'm going to make it a regular practice to rate my entries at the HIGHEST possible score.

I'm sincere in this, of course, because I wouldn't post entries that I really didn't like.

Mostly, though, I'm going to do it in order to blunt the effect of the obsessive haters out there, to the extent that I can.

I invite all who believe in fairness and in permitting others to speak -- even people who may disagree with what I write here -- to offer similar high ratings. It's the principle of the thing.
Please consider going to his blog daily and giving it five stars. Not because he makes money off it, it’s not about that at all. It’s about the google search ranking. It’s about freedom of speech and anti Mormon oppression.
This must be Robert Boylan's inspiration for giving his own books 5 star ratings.