THE Podcast of the YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Moksha
God

Re: THE Podcast of the YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Moksha »

Brent Metcalfe wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 7:13 am
What I wondered about is if the snout was chiseled off, why do the jackal ears remain? Also, Anubis isn’t a “slave,” he’s a god.
I get you. Paul had previously posted a greatly expanded image where we could clearly see the chisel marks. The part about Anubis being a slave was through Joseph's misidentification of Anubis and assigning this description, "Olimlah, a slave belonging to the Prince". The Prince of course is the second of Joseph's gender-bending misidentifications within the same Facsimile, with the correct identification being Maat.

ByTW, I thoroughly enjoyed your presentation.

There is a need to get Paul on the Mormonism Live show, not just for his Book of Abraham stuff, but also for his contribution to Book of Mormon geography.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Brent Metcalfe wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 7:01 am
Paul, my friend, you are correct… I spoke to Robin Jensen tonight about the jackal snout in Fac. 3 and he affirmed it *was* chiseled off, but he’s quick to note that metal printer’s plates isn’t his area of expertise (though it’s obvious the alteration happened before it was printed in the _Times and Seasons_). The one thing we both find odd is the jackal ears remained—why? But on the jackal snout I stand corrected.

My best,

</brent>

Great to hear from you and thank you for chiming in here at Discuss Mormonism and especially informing us that Robin Jensen is obviously keenly aware of the strange anomaly regarding the jackal nose being chiseled off the face. No doubt this matter has been discussed with Church scholars more especially John Gee who undoubtedly privately confirmed that the person of Fig. 6 is in fact Anubis. Professor Gee is acutely aware that the iconic features of Anubis (black fur & canine ear) coupled with the inscription in the label above his head confirms that this person couldn't be anyone else before the presence of Osiris's heavenly throne.

The silence from John Gee really does speak volumes. It must weigh on him greatly knowing that Anubis was mutilated and for reasons he is unable to explain. I'm all too happy to help professor Gee out and explain things for him! Radio Free Mormon posted a thread on this board "Shout Out to Shulem!" and I get into considerable detail of why the snout was removed from the lead plate prior to printing. I posit that Smith learned details about ancient concepts known in Free Masonry and was made aware of the Egyptian Dog-star god Anubis depicted in Masonry books of his era. Smith felt it necessary to hide the identity of Anubis in Facsimile No. 3 because the personage of Anubis would clash with his previous revelation already given that the black person was a slave. The cat was already out of the bag and he had to quickly cover the dog (pun intended). So, he ordered the snout hacked off in order to conceal the iconic identity of the dog-faced Egyptian god.

So, why was the ear left? I have my ideas and have lightly touched upon it here on this board but am not ready to spill those beans, so to speak. Secrets and mysteries of the Joseph Smith papyrus fascinate us even to this day! But for now, let me just say that Reuben Hedlock was the person who did all the chiseling. It was his work. It was his art. It was his piece in which he alone was commissioned to fashion the lead to mirror what was on the papyrus. I do not believe Hedlock was happy with the alteration and having to mutilate the face. As an artist it was his intention and motivation to faithfully execute an accurate depiction of all the characters in the vignette and having to mutilate Anubis must have rubbed him wrong. But he did it because he had no choice. But he left the ear! Yes, he left the ear. More can be said on all this at a later time.

One thing I appreciate about making this discovery is realizing and coming to the knowledge that the media of the plate itself is lead, NOT wood. The misnomer "woodcut" has finally been extinguished and all of us who know better; the wood was the frame in which the lead plate was set.

Thank you, Brent, for your contributions in the podcast. I really enjoyed the show and admire the friendship you have with Vogel and your many years (decades) of researching the Egyptian papers and all the contributions you've made.

We are all in this together. It is our passion and peculiar interest in these matters that makes us who we are and what we do.

Cheers,

Shulem
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Moksha wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 11:02 am
There is a need to get Paul on the Mormonism Live show, not just for his Book of Abraham stuff, but also for his contribution to Book of Mormon geography.

Thank you for your continued enthusiasm and interest in my work. I know that my Book of Abraham contributions have met with considerable interest on your part. Like Metcalfe and Vogel, the Book of Abraham papyrus has been of great interest to me for decades.

But, with that said never in my crazy imagination would I have ever thought that my expertise in the Book of Mormon would tender a discovery that would eclipse everything I've learned about the Book of Abraham. My theory on Delmarva being Joseph Smith's inspiration in establishing the promised land in the New World has absolutely smashed all my expectations! I'm blown away with having come to this understanding. What's funny is that critics of the Book of Mormon have completely ignored the all important point that Smith determined the route of Lehi's voyage from start to finish. Lehi left Arabia! Lehi landed on Delmarva! Thus, 1 + 1 = 2! Duh.

These threads are gold in unraveling the mystery of Book of Mormon geography:
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Brent Metcalfe wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 7:01 am
Paul, my friend, you are correct… I spoke to Robin Jensen tonight about the jackal snout in Fac. 3 and he affirmed it *was* chiseled off, but he’s quick to note that metal printer’s plates isn’t his area of expertise (though it’s obvious the alteration happened before it was printed in the _Times and Seasons_). The one thing we both find odd is the jackal ears remained—why? But on the jackal snout I stand corrected.

My best,

</brent>

Brent,

Here is a video link when the discussion within the podcast begins to discuss the jackal nose:

Mormonism LIVE: 070: Critical Scholarship and Book of Abraham Historicity

PS. It was hilarious that all four of you guys on the podcast couldn't remember the name of Olimlah, the slave! Total brain fart!
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Agreed with all the sentiments here. It's good to associate with so much brain power on the two best topics in Mormonism. Thanks to all for everything you do for helping the rest of us learn!
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 1:49 pm
Agreed with all the sentiments here. It's good to associate with so much brain power on the two best topics in Mormonism. Thanks to all for everything you do for helping the rest of us learn!

Recall that in the podcast it was mentioned how the Church is pretty much leaning towards the Catalyst Theory and it's only a matter of time before the Missing Scroll completely bites the dust. Everything points to this. John Gee must be on pins and needles and wondering how he will fit his overall paradigm into the Catalyst Theory which he is on record for saying it's a "decent second choice."

Bottom line, when the Catalyst Theory takes center stage in Mormon apologetics it will be batted down and thoroughly refuted as it already has been but with more formal vigor and a death blow. Vogel piped in during the podcast and more less said let them bring it on because we are ready for them.

Bear in mind, the death blow against the Catalyst Theory is Joseph Smith's official statement he made by REVELATION in the Times and Seasons that the records were on order of being 3,500 years old. God told him that! God said the record was 3,500 years old. Thus, God is wrong.

Anyway, I've documented the 3,500 years in the “King Pharaoh, whose name is given in the characters above his head” thread up in the Celestial Forum. That thread is the absolute gold standard when it comes to the Explanations of Fig. 2 of Facsimile No. 3. The apologists can't refute it and critics will be hard pressed to surpass the strength and power of the messages therein.

Hey Philo, can you believe the cowardly Ed Goble has gone back to the thread and deleted all his statements? Yep, he has edited out his statements but since I quoted him in my replies they are still there and reveal his foolishness and nonsense about Tutmoses being the king in Facsimile No. 3 and how he threw Joseph Smith under the bus. Hey, it was Ed Goble driving the bus and ran the prophet over. Ed killed the prophet! And Ed deleted his own stupid posts. OMFG. The man is so unstable. I feel sorry for him. I'm glad that you and Kishy are nice to him. He needs that.

:lol:
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Shulem
Bear in mind, the death blow against the Catalyst Theory is Joseph Smith's official statement he made by REVELATION in the Times and Seasons that the records were on order of being 3,500 years old. God told him that! God said the record was 3,500 years old. Thus, God is wrong.
Fundamentally! And irony of ironies Steve Smoot EMPHASIZES the revelation aspect against Vogel (wrongly, incidentally :lol: ) imagining that the concept of revelation is going to save anything. It can't and won't once the realization dawns on Mormons just how saturated the biblical provenance of the papyri were beginning with Joseph Smith and spreading throughout all the land. The gig is literally up, and it is the apologists who have supplied us with the evidence. They lack the moral fortitude to carry out the implications all the way. I am more than sure this is what Vogel meant. I have been saying the same for the last 5-6 live sessions I have done on the papyri as well. Tomorrow is going to be a smack down of magnitudinal proportions against Smoot's review. And your information on Shinehah is something Smoot needs to learn as well! It refutes his argument lock, stock, and barrel.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 8:16 pm
Tomorrow is going to be a smack down of magnitudinal proportions against Smoot's review. And your information on Shinehah is something Smoot needs to learn as well! It refutes his argument lock, stock, and barrel.

Oh goody, can't wait. Should be a lot of fun just sitting back and being entertained. Yes, I did a thread on poor Smoot up in the Celestial Forum in which he takes a low blow swipe at Vogel.

Jeff Lindsay and Stephen O. Smoot take aim at Dan Vogel over “Shinehah”

Lot's of fancy dancy Egyptian words compliments of Joseph Smith. The ending of the Mormonism Live podcast was hilarious. I need to watch it again.