Yet another Mormon bishop grooming victims for decades, finally convicted of sexual abuse.

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Marcus
God

Yet another Mormon bishop grooming victims for decades, finally convicted of sexual abuse.

Post by Marcus »

From an article titled “orem victims describe sexual education facade their abuser used to keep them quiet”:

By Mark Shenefelt - Standard-Examiner | Apr 8, 2022

She said he was a bishop in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, a dentist and a college professor. “I assumed I was alone. I felt guilty even to question his worthiness.”

“It was all done under the umbrella of sexual education,” she said. “These were the lies I was told all my life. I buried the hurt and kept it secret for over 30 years.”

It wasn’t until she realized Crookston was abusing other children that “the shackles fell from my eyes,” she said, adding that “the children who came forward are my heroes. These are the brave souls (who) broke the curse that has been happening for nearly 60 years.”

She hailed the criminal justice system for stopping “a true Jekyll and Hyde.”

Howard, the prosecutor, said Crookston “looks harmless on the surface, with a great reputation in the community and the religious community.” She said he used his status to “capitalize and gain access to the most vulnerable victims. He has done irreparable harm.”

She added, “His facade worked. He was able to groom his victims.”

https://www.heraldextra.com/news/local/ ... hem-quiet/
This is just an excerpt. The entire article is brutal to read. For those that insist that grooming doesn’t happen by lds bishops, it’s an eye-opener.
dastardly stem
God

Re: Yet another Mormon bishop grooming victims for decades, finally convicted of sexual abuse.

Post by dastardly stem »

That is an awful story: "ignite an investigation into an alleged 60 years of child sexual abuse"
“Every one of us is, in the cosmic perspective, precious. If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In a hundred billion galaxies, you will not find another.”
― Carl Sagan, Cosmos