"God will not be mocked"

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Philo Sofee
God

Re: "God will not be mocked"

Post by Philo Sofee »

I think one of the things that contributed to my shelf breaking was a short video clip of SWK where he was saying that when we met Jesus after we die and he lovingly takes us into his eternal arms, what will we say when he looks deeply into our eyes and asks us "Did you really do enough for me?"

I was stunned into becoming more awake of the incredible brainwash with this, for whatever reason. I thought WTF??? You mean that is all Jesus is going to give a F**K about?!? That's going to be the very first thing he says???

The next thought that came to my mind was I would say to him "Did YOU??? Where the living hell you made here on earth have you been for the last several thousand years? And just exactly for what purpose made you leave and stay away?"

And then it clicked... my God all this is just eyewash... there is no actual reality to SWK's concepts and kind of thinking, it is all his guilt he is projecting onto everyone else to bring them into the laden of guilt he has had to carry all his life, and a tremendous wave of empathy and sympathy for the poor sucker washed over me like nothing else in my life. I was just amazed at how freeing it was to my soul to realize it was all SWK's way of alleviating his own guilt (unfortunately onto millions of other peoples from his authoritative position which really is nothing short of downright heinous). And once that happened I felt a freedom and a love and happiness that has not left since. It is really rather surprising and interesting to me! I am free! Somehow that clip helped me see the cult for what it actually is, a guilt inducing machine. That is very freeing to seeing I can actually reject that without guilt in myself. Ah glorious!
Physics Guy
God

Re: "God will not be mocked"

Post by Physics Guy »

On his blindness, John Milton wrote:When I consider how my light is spent,
Ere half my days, in this dark world and wide,
And that one Talent which is death to hide
Lodged with me useless, though my Soul more bent
To serve therewith my Maker, and present
My true account, lest he returning chide,
“Doth God exact day-labour, light denied?”
I fondly ask. But patience, to prevent