Shulem's first Book of Abraham PODCAST!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Shulem
God

Shulem's first Book of Abraham PODCAST!

Post by Shulem »

Last night at 2:30 AM, I woke up randomly out of a deep sleep and got up to record a brief video presentation for Facsimile No. 3. This video is only 13 minutes long and I was basically able to read my notes as I gave a faceless presentation of the vignette of Facsimile No. 3. You will get to see my hand and fingers. There is no mention of the "King's name" and no mention of Anubis's missing snout. This podcast is all about the single most important aspect of the vignette within the papyrus. I attempt to give a fresh perspective and focus on what really matters when it comes to the funerary scroll in which Joseph Smith claimed to translate. In the end, I make a forceful yet, gentle plea, and I think it turned out quite well.

Please enjoy this little video and I hope you benefit from it.

Facsimile No 3 Podcast #1

:)
NorthboundZax
Nursery

Re: Shulem's first Book of Abraham PODCAST!

Post by NorthboundZax »

*thumbs up* Thanks! I have no qualms saying that I understand Fac 3 far better now than I ever did reading the explanations in the PoGP.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

You have an excellent ability to explain things clearly. This is a compelling call to respect ancient religious rites for the deceased.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Shulem
God

Moksha!

Post by Shulem »

THANK YOU Moksha for letting me know about my mispronunciations in a private message. I know all about it and no matter how hard I try I just can't say certain words. For example, the word necropolis will not roll off my tongue. I've never been able to say that word my entire life! It's just crazy. And FACSIMILE, I can't say it right either. My husband has to constantly correct me and I can sometimes repeat it back correctly after he pronounces it but it just won't stick.

I apologize to listeners for some of my mispronunciations. It's just the way I am with certain words and after 60 years of living if I still can't say them right I don't think I ever will. It's not that I'm stoopid, per say, I just can't say certain words!

:lol:
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Ooh... now I am feeling sheepish. Still, congratulations on a job well done.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Moksha wrote:
Wed Apr 13, 2022 5:13 pm
Ooh... now I am feeling sheepish. Still, congratulations on a job well done.
:lol:

No worries, pal!

Thanks for liking the podcast. I just felt that something had to be done to showcase Hôr who is the real star of the show!

;)
dastardly stem
God

Post by dastardly stem »

Thanks Shulem, very well done. Your "in your face" posting style contrasts well if your mild mannered video persona. Keep 'em up. And you mispronunciations add character. Love it, no need to apologize.
“Every one of us is, in the cosmic perspective, precious. If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In a hundred billion galaxies, you will not find another.”
― Carl Sagan, Cosmos
consiglieri
Prophet

Post by consiglieri »

Just listened and liked!

Great job, Shulem!

I especially liked the observation that “all eyes are on Hor.”

Bravo!
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

consiglieri wrote:
Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:30 pm
Just listened and liked!

Great job, Shulem!

I especially liked the observation that “all eyes are on Hor.”

Bravo!

Oh thanks for that. I made this out of the sheer will to showcase the star of the show and vindicate him. I don't know if I will produce any further podcasts. It may just be a one-time thing. It's not really my cup of tea but I did it out of a sense of duty.

I figured a short and sweet 13 minute presentation would be just fine. And I really can't pronounce those words. It's hilarious!

I trust YOU saw and felt things from a different perspective as I explained it in a manner in which "Hor" would have approved.
consiglieri
Prophet

Post by consiglieri »

Not even ONE podcast about the king’s name?

Forsooth!