Shulem's first Book of Abraham PODCAST!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Rivendale
God

Re: Shulem's first Book of Abraham PODCAST!

Post by Rivendale »

I thoroughly enjoyed that. Thanks for bringing up the idea of grave robbing for gain. I would have never recognized the postures and eye/hand contact as an indication of focus point. Thanks for that.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

That was deeply moving to me Paul. What a beautiful podcast! Thank you so very much for sharing such a spiritually uplifting, historically accurate, and thoughtful view of Hor. I am sincerely impressed and delighted that you produced this.
I in no wise intend an insult with this I am saying now, only in the spirit of helping.

Would it help you if you said facsimile as faxs-sim-illie? emphasize SIM and pause, then say illie or illy. Try it a few times to see. Faxs.........SIM........illy.

Not to detract though. I LOVED your first podcast, and sincerely hope you do more. This is a most excellent start and beginning podcast, far better than the first one I ever did, where ever it ever went or ended up.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 2:38 am
That was deeply moving to me Paul. What a beautiful podcast! Thank you so very much for sharing such a spiritually uplifting, historically accurate, and thoughtful view of Hor. I am sincerely impressed and delighted that you produced this.
I in no wise intend an insult with this I am saying now, only in the spirit of helping.

Would it help you if you said facsimile as faxs-sim-illie? emphasize SIM and pause, then say illie or illy. Try it a few times to see. Faxs.........SIM........illy.

Not to detract though. I LOVED your first podcast, and sincerely hope you do more. This is a most excellent start and beginning podcast, far better than the first one I ever did, where ever it ever went or ended up.

My husband made me practice saying Facsimile several times tonight (just a little while ago) and I pulled it off and then just now tried and can't do it.

It's crazy. It's the way my brain is wired.
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

Watching it right now. So far, excellent!
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Shulem wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 2:42 am
Philo Sofee wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 2:38 am

My husband made me practice saying Facsimile several times tonight (just a little while ago) and I pulled it off and then just now tried and can't do it.

It's crazy. It's the way my brain is wired.
No worries, set it aside and don't even think about it again. It is not a big deal in my opinion. Your knowledge is vast in this area, and I for one, am far better off and able to give information concerning all aspects of this because of your adroit and impeccable scholarship and encouragement to me personally on all this. I love ya bro, just as you are!
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Thank you everyone!

:D
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Rivendale wrote:
Wed Apr 13, 2022 10:48 pm
I thoroughly enjoyed that. Thanks for bringing up the idea of grave robbing for gain. I would have never recognized the postures and eye/hand contact as an indication of focus point. Thanks for that.
Right? I mean it's not like Shulem has only a few insights here and perhaps another one years later there, they come in daily, and now we get to enjoy yet again another entirely breath of fresh air perspective. I LOVE IT!
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

That was great Shulem. Thank you!

I hope many more follow. I wonder what John Gee thinks of your video.
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:14 am
That was great Shulem. Thank you!

I hope many more follow. I wonder what John Gee thinks of your video.

The video is a compassionate plea for everyone to come to terms with the real purpose of the papyrus and to honor the memory of a man who lived and died in his faith. I don't think Gee would find fault with the presentation other than the mispronunciations and my ultimate call for the Church to stand down and discontinue publishing the Explanations as an official part of their standard works. I made an honest and sincere plea and a call for change. It was from my heart. Gee is not going to have an argument with the academic things I expressed because he knows it has merit and my sole intent is to defend the Egyptians and honor their memory. He totally understands that. That's his job as a professional Egyptologist. We have that much in common!
hauslern
1st Counselor

Post by hauslern »

Very good and clear. I must show Tamas.