Shulem's first Book of Abraham PODCAST!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Shulem
God

Re: A new leaf

Post by Shulem »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 3:21 pm
You just keep on producing good reading evidences and analysis squirt - that's an order. :D

THANK YOU for that wonderful endorsement in your podcast last night you gave while discussing astronomy and Facsimile No. 2. I'm thrilled how you are able to find "clarity" in my discussions and presentations on Book of Abraham subject matter and are able to find sparkling "clarity" in how I explain Facsimile No. 3. And the applause was hilarious fun! Plus, as an added bonus being compared with Robert Ritner in understanding the nuances of the Facsimile was quite a compliment.

Note the feet above in which the four persons in the scene are so gallantly standing about the god Osiris who is seated on his divine throne in which only a god may sit. The feet of Osiris are firmly planted, both together, in stationary manner as he balances the crook & flail in his hands. The composure of Osiris is timeless and ever fixed! His beloved wife, Isis, stands firmly planted behind him as the beautiful goddess and a mother of gods. Before the throne of Osiris stands the goddess Maat, ever firm with her feet planted and true to form. She has fully advanced into the presence of Osiris and can go no farther. Her place is ever assured and her composure is stationary and upright. Behold the feet of Hôr and Anubis! They are moving. They are in motion. Their feet are not planted but in motion they proceed forward into the presence of Osiris in which the Presentation may be fulfilled and fully realized. In essence, this funerary scene leads to the final act in which all feet are firmly planted and the ritual is complete.

Amen.
Kishkumen
God

Re: Shulem's first Book of Abraham PODCAST!

Post by Kishkumen »

I enjoyed the video, Shulem! Nicely done!
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Philo Sofee
God

Re: A new leaf

Post by Philo Sofee »

Shulem wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:27 pm
Philo Sofee wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 3:21 pm
You just keep on producing good reading evidences and analysis squirt - that's an order. :D

THANK YOU for that wonderful endorsement in your podcast last night you gave while discussing astronomy and Facsimile No. 2. I'm thrilled how you are able to find "clarity" in my discussions and presentations on Book of Abraham subject matter and are able to find sparkling "clarity" in how I explain Facsimile No. 3. And the applause was hilarious fun! Plus, as an added bonus being compared with Robert Ritner in understanding the nuances of the Facsimile was quite a compliment.

Note the feet above in which the four persons in the scene are so gallantly standing about the god Osiris who is seated on his divine throne in which only a god may sit. The feet of Osiris are firmly planted, both together, in stationary manner as he balances the crook & flail in his hands. The composure of Osiris is timeless and ever fixed! His beloved wife, Isis, stands firmly planted behind him as the beautiful goddess and a mother of gods. Before the throne of Osiris stands the goddess Maat, ever firm with her feet planted and true to form. She has fully advanced into the presence of Osiris and can go no farther. Her place is ever assured and her composure is stationary and upright. Behold the feet of Hôr and Anubis! They are moving. They are in motion. Their feet are not planted but in motion they proceed forward into the presence of Osiris in which the Presentation may be fulfilled and fully realized. In essence, this funerary scene leads to the final act in which all feet are firmly planted and the ritual is complete.

Amen.
hey, even Dan Vogel said my analysis and evidence was brilliant on the background to the plurality of worlds and the language used for decades exactly during the whole of Joseph Smith's life, so all in all, it was a terrific night! Besides all the fun I was having sharing and the chat room was having fun storming it all up! I also received a complimentary call from Radio Free Mormon saying he learned some things as well. Wait til we get to yer stuff pal, the lid is gonna be blown sky high... :D
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Kishkumen wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:34 pm
And I appreciate you showing up for my show as well young man! I didn't actually see you as I was too busy reading - LOL! But I watched it again, and saw you say hi!
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 11:49 pm
And I appreciate you showing up for my show as well young man! I didn't actually see you as I was too busy reading - LOL! But I watched it again, and saw you say hi!
As usual you did a wonderful job!
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Kishkumen wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:34 pm
Thank you, all.

And I will need to check that book out, Kerry. On the list of things to do.

The Extraterrestrial Life Debate 1750–1900: The Idea of a Plurality of Worlds from Kant to Lowell
Crowe, Michael J.
Shulem
God

The Pearl of Great Price Student Manual

Post by Shulem »

In contrast to what I've shown in my podcast is the official student manual produced by the Church. The Book of Abraham section does nothing to honor the dead or represent the true meaning of the vignette.

Student Manual Facsimile No. 3

What is glaringly obvious is that the Church cut out the single most important element of the entire vignette, Hôr! They hacked him out of his own vignette! It's like hacking out a picture of Jesus from a Christmas card! It's so shameful what the Church is doing in slandering an ancient religion unable to defend itself with living persons -- in a court of law. The Church has no conscience in what it does. It only seeks to further its vain interpretations and doesn't care that it lies about history as they willingly lie for the Lord. Joseph Smith hacked off Anubis's snout and now we have the Church hacking out Hôr from his own vignette and shamefully mispresenting everything about the papyrus.

Student Manual wrote:

Facsimile 3

In Abraham 3:15, the Lord told Abraham that he was to teach the Egyptians the things he had learned (see Abraham 3:15). Commenting on this, the Prophet Joseph Smith said: “The learning of the Egyptians, and their knowledge of astronomy was no doubt taught them by Abraham and Joseph, as their records testify, who received it from the Lord” (“The Government of God” [Editorial], Times and Seasons, July 15, 1842, 856; spelling standardized).

Facsimile 3, figure 1. Abraham upon Pharaoh’s Throne
In figure 1 of facsimile 3, Abraham is shown seated upon the throne of Pharaoh, “reasoning upon the principles of Astronomy, in the king’s court” (explanation for facsimile 3; see also the explanation for figure 1). It is clear in Abraham 3:1–16 and facsimile 2, figures 1–5, that Abraham gained great knowledge of the principles of astronomy. Figure 1 could also be symbolic of Abraham receiving his exaltation and sitting upon a throne in the presence of God (see D&C 132:37).
Philo Sofee
God

Re: The Pearl of Great Price Student Manual

Post by Philo Sofee »

Shulem wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:37 pm
In contrast to what I've shown in my podcast is the official student manual produced by the Church. The Book of Abraham section does nothing to honor the dead or represent the true meaning of the vignette.

Student Manual Facsimile No. 3

What is glaringly obvious is that the Church cut out the single most important element of the entire vignette, Hôr! They hacked him out of his own vignette! It's like hacking out a picture of Jesus from a Christmas card! It's so shameful what the Church is doing in slandering an ancient religion unable to defend itself with living persons -- in a court of law. The Church has no conscience in what it does. It only seeks to further its vain interpretations and doesn't care that it lies about history as they willingly lie for the Lord. Joseph Smith hacked off Anubis's snout and now we have the Church hacking out Hôr from his own vignette and shamefully mispresenting everything about the papyrus.

Student Manual wrote:

Facsimile 3

In Abraham 3:15, the Lord told Abraham that he was to teach the Egyptians the things he had learned (see Abraham 3:15). Commenting on this, the Prophet Joseph Smith said: “The learning of the Egyptians, and their knowledge of astronomy was no doubt taught them by Abraham and Joseph, as their records testify, who received it from the Lord” (“The Government of God” [Editorial], Times and Seasons, July 15, 1842, 856; spelling standardized).

Facsimile 3, figure 1. Abraham upon Pharaoh’s Throne
In figure 1 of facsimile 3, Abraham is shown seated upon the throne of Pharaoh, “reasoning upon the principles of Astronomy, in the king’s court” (explanation for facsimile 3; see also the explanation for figure 1). It is clear in Abraham 3:1–16 and facsimile 2, figures 1–5, that Abraham gained great knowledge of the principles of astronomy. Figure 1 could also be symbolic of Abraham receiving his exaltation and sitting upon a throne in the presence of God (see D&C 132:37).
Are you serious?! THIS is how they have pictured it??? BLITHERING IDIOTS! And they wonder why no one respects them... DUH. :roll:
This is just so wrong on so many levels. Good Lord they will stop at nothing to be morons of everyone else's sacred beliefs and iconography. I wonder what they would squawk like if someone cut out Jesus in the First Vision painting and only showed God the Father pointing over to something cut out and Joseph looking up. Would they not HOWL? What's good for the goose is good for the gander.
Shulem
God

Re: The Pearl of Great Price Student Manual

Post by Shulem »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:07 pm
Are you serious?! THIS is how they have pictured it??? BLITHERING IDIOTS! And they wonder why no one respects them... DUH. :roll:

Obviously the Church is embarrassed and doesn't want to raise awareness in the student manual; especially regarding black Anubis whom has wrongfully been called a slave through Smith's bastardized revelations. The abominable Explanations of the Facsimiles are upon the altars of every single Mormon temple, worldwide. It's absolutely atrocious and an abomination.

I KNOW beyond any shadow of doubt that the church is NOT true. I so testify in the name of Osiris, Isis, Maat, Hôr, and Anubis. Amen.

I lift my hands up heavenward and defy the Church.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

No king of Egypt during Abraham's era would have granted a vile Asiatic nomad to sit upon his sacred throne, don a royal crown, and hold the sacred scepters of the crook and flail. The thought makes reason stare! Apologetic nonsense in defending that assertion is utter foolishness. Robert Ritner dismissed that assertion outright. Abraham does not get to wear that crown, not even as a "party hat!"

So, I wonder how John Gee is taking Royal Skousen's rejection of Smith's ideas of the Facsimiles? John Gee is well aware of standard Egyptian religious practice that the inner sanctums of Egypt's sacred religious rites were reserved for the king and his priests only. The idea that a vile Asiatic bearded man assumed the role of the king on his throne is SINFUL -- death on the spot.