Mormon Studies and Kishkumen

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Kishkumen
God

Re: Mormon Studies and Kishkumen

Post by Kishkumen »

Gadianton wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 2:45 pm
Understood, however, should his ideas ever find their way to to the Internet, then he should prepare for the Mopologists to have a keen interest in his work. And by "work", I don't just mean his ideas about Mormonism, but his life story. Perhaps a former Bishop will sell him out? Maybe a sibling or a cousin?
I am hopeful that graduate school and the accompanying dissertation will come first. We’ll see what happens after that. I know he is aware of Mopologetics, and I know he is careful not to offend his active LDS parents. You are right to raise a sound of warning. Somewhere down the road there is bound to be a conflict.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Dr Moore
Endowed Chair of Historical Innovation

Post by Dr Moore »

Exciting! I do hope you'll post a link once this dissertation is logged in the archives.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Dr Moore wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:53 am
Exciting! I do hope you'll post a link once this dissertation is logged in the archives.
Yes! I will have to see if it is made available. This was actually an undergraduate honors thesis, which makes the whole thing even more remarkable. I am not aware of the degree of external access those have, however.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Dr Moore
Endowed Chair of Historical Innovation

Post by Dr Moore »

Kishkumen wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:16 am
Dr Moore wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:53 am
Yes! I will have to see if it is made available. This was actually an undergraduate honors thesis, which makes the whole thing even more remarkable. I am not aware of the degree of external access those have, however.
Well, it must have been quite an honors thesis, to leave such an impression on the current resident of our Cassius rectory.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Dr Moore wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:06 pm
Well, it must have been quite an honors thesis, to leave such an impression on the current resident of our Cassius rectory.
Indeed it was. If I were the only one who thought so, I might doubt it. Since the entire committee was in agreement, I feel validated in my judgment.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Kishkumen wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:29 pm
Dr Moore wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:06 pm
Indeed it was. If I were the only one who thought so, I might doubt it. Since the entire committee was in agreement, I feel validated in my judgment.
And just know this... you need no others support to be valid. But yes, the entire committee is also seriously suggestive! I am excited to read this when it is ready. I think you and I ought to do a podcast together on it Kish. TRULY.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:05 am
And just know this... you need no others support to be valid. But yes, the entire committee is also seriously suggestive! I am excited to read this when it is ready. I think you and I ought to do a podcast together on it Kish. TRULY.
That is a good idea. Perhaps I should encourage him to present his work more widely. I don't think I need to be involved, but he definitely should consider sharing his ideas with others.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Kishkumen wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:57 am
Perhaps I should encourage him to present his work more widely. I don't think I need to be involved, but he definitely should consider sharing his ideas with others.
What about the two of you on RFM or Mormon Stories? Your presence would make the student comfortable.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Shouldn't this thread be titled "Mormon Studies and Kishkumen's Student?"
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:07 am
Shouldn't this thread be titled "Mormon Studies and Kishkumen's Student?"
Yes, it probably should, but I was not going to tell you the student’s name, and I thought that would look weird. Moreover, I was not the head of the committee, and usually we call that person the student’s professor.