Apologist Defends Fac 3, Figure 6 from the Archives

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Philo Sofee
God

Apologist Defends Fac 3, Figure 6 from the Archives

Post by Philo Sofee »

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=232

I have to say this is Shulem at his very finest. I am sorry I was in a funk during this time and not all that interested in Egyptology and the Book of Abraham, so I didn't chime in or look at it all that closely. I read the entire thread tonight preparing for my Sunday Night Live tomorrow night, and this is just FANTASTIC STUFF! No, I'm not going to use it tomorrow, I am doing astronomy and Fac 2, but I WILL PAUL, I will use this material on this thread because you so obliterated and destroyed the apologetic pap so thoroughly with evidence. This is simply MASTERFUL, and I will present my take on it next Sunday, and I will say so. THANKS again for just being the man with the knowledge and guiding the rest of us to clarity! I just cannot possibly say enough about how well you step by step dismantled the apologetic defense here. I am just simply in awe.

For tomorrow night on the astronomy in fac 2, I have discovered a way to even further clarify Vogel's outstanding materials in his book on this issue. I have some visuals to show that is going to rock! And what Vogel showed I NEVER grasped when I was doing apologetics. Vogel makes perfect sense and clears the mud, the darkness, and confusion like no one else does on the astronomy issue. I am very excited for Vogel astronomy of Fac 2 tomorrow night, and next Sunday on Paul Osborne defeating the apologist on Fac 3 figure 6!!!
Shulem
God

Re: Apologist Defends Fac 3, Figure 6 from the Archives

Post by Shulem »

AND, what's funny and crazy is I still can't properly say the word "Facsimile". It just isn't going to happen. I give up, I'm just going to continue to say facsimile like I always have. Unless something clicks in my brain and causes a shift, I'll just sound stupid. I can't properly say necropolis no matter how hard I try unless I repeat it after someone saying it.

:D

PS. Thank you for a wonderful endorsement to that thread. It's great to be appreciated. I'm so glad you found that thread. The apologist was in no mood to try and take me on. I'm like a bull in a china shop, the Schlitz Malt Liquor bull!

Look out for the bull!

:lol:
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Shulem wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 2:14 am
AND, what's funny and crazy is I still can't properly say the word "Facsimile". It just isn't going to happen. I give up, I'm just going to continue to say facsimile like I always have. Unless something clicks in my brain and causes a shift, I'll just sound stupid. I can't properly say necropolis no matter how hard I try unless I repeat it after someone saying it.

:D

PS. Thank you for a wonderful endorsement to that thread. It's great to be appreciated. I'm so glad you found that thread. The apologist was in no mood to try and take me on. I'm like a bull in a china shop, the Schlitz Malt Liquor bull!

Look out for the bull!

Yeah, that's no bull either! :lol: No, the apologist cannot possibly be in the arena with you on this issue. I know I have met and know who Teancum is, I just can't remember who he is. He is bright, the downside is he is an apologist, like Smoot. It's too bad too, but then we all have our journeys don't we? I mean, look at you and I man!
consiglieri
Prophet

Post by consiglieri »

Repeat after me, Shulem,

“Fac-sil-ime”

Now just keep practicing that.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Consiglieri is messing with you.

Fack - Sim- ill - Lee

Think of this as the Emperor during the Mung Bean Dynasty, 9 3/4 to 69 AD.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Another way to practice it Shulem is say pic-ture. I do that a lot because, that is what it is. :D Another way is just call it the drawing, I heard Nibley in some of his talks say this repeatedly as well. In the long run it doesn't matter, so no worries. You haven't let a trifle prevent you from learning so blasted much and then sharing that knowledge and understanding, that is the gold!
malkie
God

Post by malkie »

consiglieri wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 4:55 am
Repeat after me, Shulem,

“Fac-sil-ime”

Don't fall into consig's trap here, Shulem. Look at what he's trying to get you to say.

Instead, say "Fak silly you". :D
You can help Ukraine by talking for an hour a week!! PM me, or check www.enginprogram.org for details.
Слава Україні!, 𝑺𝒍𝒂𝒗𝒂 𝑼𝒌𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒊!
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

malkie wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 1:09 pm
consiglieri wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 4:55 am
Repeat after me, Shulem,

“Fac-sil-ime”

Don't fall into consig's trap here, Shulem. Look at what he's trying to get you to say.

Instead, say "Fak silly you". :D
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

I'll be honest and say I did get quite a bit of satisfaction writing Apologist Defends Fac 3, Figure 6 from the Archives and essentially mopping the floor at the apologists expense. We rang this alarm bell some 4 years ago! Some fun and nasty threads here:

Shulem » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:58 pm wrote:Calling Kerry, calling Kerry! Hello Kerry.

Have you seen this LDS apologetic website defending the Book of Abraham?

Did Joseph Smith Incorrectly Fill In Missing Parts Of Facsimile 1?

The dude has several sections regarding the Book of Abraham and viciously attacks the CES letter as if Satan himself wrote it. I ain't kidding. Put your atheist crap down and take a look at this vomit oozing out of the mouth of a Mormon fanatic.

Philo Sofee » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:53 pm wrote:Calling Shulem! Gee is on the Loose Again on Translation

Hey Shulem, Grindael, Kevin Graham and others! Gee has just released the newest most up to datest bestest and mostest accuratested theory of Joseph Smith translating the papyri into the correctest Book of Abrahamest in all of the history of the churchest! Shall we all pool our resources and wipe this all totally out? I haven't read it yet, but predict he is fudging and cheating on which papyri is which and what was used for translation and what wasn't.......http://www.conflictofjustice.com/

Let us partake in this sacrament of refutation of translation!

What's funny is that conflictofjustice.com is for sale: $4,695!

Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Shulem wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 2:02 pm
I'll be honest and say I did get quite a bit of satisfaction writing Apologist Defends Fac 3, Figure 6 from the Archives and essentially mopping the floor at the apologists expense. We rang this alarm bell some 4 years ago! Some fun and nasty threads here:

Shulem » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:58 pm wrote:Calling Kerry, calling Kerry! Hello Kerry.

Have you seen this LDS apologetic website defending the Book of Abraham?

Did Joseph Smith Incorrectly Fill In Missing Parts Of Facsimile 1?

The dude has several sections regarding the Book of Abraham and viciously attacks the CES letter as if Satan himself wrote it. I ain't kidding. Put your atheist crap down and take a look at this vomit oozing out of the mouth of a Mormon fanatic.

Philo Sofee » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:53 pm wrote:Calling Shulem! Gee is on the Loose Again on Translation

Hey Shulem, Grindael, Kevin Graham and others! Gee has just released the newest most up to datest bestest and mostest accuratested theory of Joseph Smith translating the papyri into the correctest Book of Abrahamest in all of the history of the churchest! Shall we all pool our resources and wipe this all totally out? I haven't read it yet, but predict he is fudging and cheating on which papyri is which and what was used for translation and what wasn't.......http://www.conflictofjustice.com/

Let us partake in this sacrament of refutation of translation!

What's funny is that conflictofjustice.com is for sale: $4,695!

For sale??? (sputtering).... I just accessed it this morning, there are a ton of goodies there for future podcasts! I hope it doesn't disappear. Or gets changed. I'm going to get enormous satisfaction highlighting that thread next Sunday!