Church Feels Members Can't Handle Some information.

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Philo Sofee
God

Re: Church Feels Members Can't Handle Some information.

Post by Philo Sofee »

Equality wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:44 pm
How many Rameumptoms can be built with $100 billion?
The only important one is in the heart of Salt Lake City. But no one tells them! They love to imagine everyone else owns the Rameumptoms, not them...
Spectator80
Nursery

Post by Spectator80 »

There is, I'm afraid, truth in what Be Not Deceived has written. It hurts to admit that as a life-long member. . . really hurts.
Spectator80
Nursery

Post by Spectator80 »

Dr, Exiled seems to suggest that members don't have a need to know about the use of Church funds, including investments. Perhaps
I misinterpreted his comment.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

BeNotDeceived wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:17 am
Do none of these men have the honesty and integrity to reveal the truth about this so-called 'church'? . . . Surely some of them have to feel a sense of honor and integrity to reveal the ugly truths... or don't they?
They know that if they ever revealed the truth then millions of faithful members around the world would immediately commit suicide. Therefore, they keep the con going in order to preserve millions of lives.

What other choice do they have?
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
High Spy
Regional Representative

Post by High Spy »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 9:37 am
BeNotDeceived wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:17 am
Do none of these men have the honesty and integrity to reveal the truth about this so-called 'church'? . . . Surely some of them have to feel a sense of honor and integrity to reveal the ugly truths... or don't they?
They know that if they ever revealed the truth then millions of faithful members around the world would immediately commit suicide. Therefore, they keep the con going in order to preserve millions of lives.

What other choice do they have?
The deception continues to crumble. :lol:

Fortunately there is an underlying core of truth that the Davidic Servant and others will build upon.
. . . * . . . . . . . . **

3*8** Knight Lion, but not Nite Lion. 🐳 gbng

Everybody's heard the whale and 8 are linked. :lol:

Choose the 🥩
Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

Spectator80 wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 2:36 am
Dr, Exiled seems to suggest that members don't have a need to know about the use of Church funds, including investments. Perhaps
I misinterpreted his comment.
I'm all for full disclosure of church finances. Members have a right to know where their charitable donations go. I was merely saying that the corporate church is doing what corporations and governments do as in hide the "not so useful" information from the members.
Myth is misused by the powerful to subjugate the masses all too often.
High Spy
Regional Representative

Post by High Spy »

Moksha wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:19 am
Bond wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:12 am
If the members have it thrown in their face the Church is a gigantic hundreds billion strong real estate hedge fund that side hustles a bit promising salvation and truth people might stop paying tithing.
Apologists would argue that makes it even more true.

It’s far more worse than just financial deception :!:

Once upon a time I was true blue too,
but then the real truth began to hold sway, :P
such as the following:
https://www.mrm.org/joseph-smiths-gift wrote:
“…and he has a gift to translate the book, and I have commanded him that he shall pretend to no other gift, for I will grant him no other gift.”
The idea that Joseph Smith would be granted additional gifts once the Book of Mormon was finished showed up in LDS scripture in 1835; at that time the revelation was altered by adding over 20 words to the original 30-word verse. Mr. Holland’s long list of tasks that Joseph had ahead of him in 1829 for “restoring everything that pertained to the kingdom of God” was not in the picture at all when the revelation was given. In fact, according to Joseph God told him that he should pretend no other gift.

But he did pretend other gifts. For example, he pretended that it was ok to change what he claimed was the very words of God.

Early Mormon leader David Whitmer was deeply concerned over what Joseph had done. In his book An Address To All Believers In Christ, Mr. Whitmer wrote, “The way the revelation has been changed, twenty two words being added to it, it would appear that God had broken His word after giving His word in plainness; commanding Brother Joseph to pretend to no other gift but to translate the Book of Mormon, and then the Lord had changed and concluded to grant Joseph the gift of a Seer to the Church…” (58)

If Joseph Smith had claimed he was granted other gifts via a different revelation rather than by altering an existing revelation, this might not be such a big deal. But that’s not what happened. Joseph took words that he claimed came right from the mouth of God and added to them to suit his current needs; he made the revelation say the opposite of what it originally said as it (so it is claimed) was pronounced by God Himself.

In the virtual devotional, Mr. Holland didn’t tell his audience that the revelation he was quoting had been changed. Printed editions of Doctrine and Covenants don’t give any indication to readers that the revelation has been changed. Few people, in the grand scheme of things, have any idea that LDS scripture has undergone the massive alterations it has.

This is the sort of thing, something Joseph Smith did over and over and over again ...
. . . * . . . . . . . . **

3*8** Knight Lion, but not Nite Lion. 🐳 gbng

Everybody's heard the whale and 8 are linked. :lol:

Choose the 🥩
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

High Spy wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:58 pm
The deception continues to crumble. :lol:

Fortunately there is an underlying core of truth that the Davidic Servant and others will build upon.
What is the underlying core of truth, and who the Hell is this "Davidic Servant" of whom you speak?
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024