ATTN: IMPORTANT! Mormon Supernaturality

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Kent
Nursery

ATTN: IMPORTANT! Mormon Supernaturality

Post by Kent »

Hi Friends,

I have a question, I think I know the answer but I just thought I'd ask! what the hell. After this post I'll probably vanish back into obscurity, and delete this account. So please endure a little waffle and then answer my question, I'll try not to make it not too painful. Believe it or not friends I know this Church is True. I know hearing that is like an ice pick in your ear hole, so I apologise, I hope I did not burst you ear drum. I want to know if there is anyone else basically out there that is like me?

Yeah I know all the problems with the church, I know where all the bodies are buried, yayaya I've been around since the last supper, or at least that is what I feel like. I still keep my finger on the lds pulse and follow lds issues, even though I'm not active. You see I wanted to be a lds scholar, as a young teen so I got stuck into it all.

Dad worked for the phone company (I'm outside the USA) so I had the internet pretty much before the rest of my country, and I was part of the online goings on of Mormondom right back at the very start, of the internet. I used to collect anti-Mormon literature as a teen. I even located the second anointing transcript back in the day on an obscure corner of the net, over a decade and half before the general membership even knew it existed. I read the original transcripts of the ordinance, then contacted Kurtain and McConkie to get the site to take it down. All the descriptions of the ordinance existent today are historical constructions from accounts. I had the original, it still hasn't entered the public domain to this day.

Anyhow I digress. Even back more than 20years ago I told them again and again the Chook of Abraham is the weakest link in the chain of lds problems. No one gave a rats back then, they were busy arguing if Emma pushed Eliza down the stairs or whatever. Now dats common knowledge because people have had the time to sift through all the historical mess, and now a bloody big spot light is being shone on it, because it's the weakest part wall in the church's truth claims castle. I say all this just to point out, I know the lay of the land.

Now of course none of this truly matters a brass tit! Because believe it or not I was born remembering the war in heaven, and the pre-existence, and I've had the Holy Ghost stand right next to me not a metre from me. I've had extreme supernatural experiences, the most powerful of which is the Holy Ghost, in all his power.

That is the most awesome supernatural contact I've ever experienced in my entire life! All the little Mormon truth claim and arguments and tiddley winks are to be honest irrelevant to me. Because of this supernatural experience. What I want to know is, is there anyone else out there that has had extreme supernatural contact like me? It happened to me when I was 13, three years later I received a patriarchal blessing and it stated the same in the blessing,I didn't know the patriarch from Adam. I've had an awful long time to reflect and I sincerely believe that even the apostles do not know it is true to the same degree I do and i don't' even go to church, because the contact I had with the divine world was to such an awesome degree. Don't get me wrong I'm sure most of the apostles are better men then me.

I've listened carefully to lots of general authorities and it's clear to me, from their testimonies they have never had any really significant contact. My nanna is a year younger than the Queen she is not lds. She in all those years has never had any significant supernatural contact or experience in over 90 years. I've by comparison in my life had a lot and I'm not half as old as she is. What I want to know is there anyone else out there like me? Who actually knows? I know Joseph Smith was telling the truth, because I have also had contact, etc, so I don't need to have faith in chicken stratch accounts in Church history. I know Sidney Rigdon was telling the truth, about his visions because I've also had visions of the heavenly world. etc. I just want to know is there anyone else out there who has had contact? If you haven't I'm not sorta interested in your opinion because you haven't had any contact.

If you have a clean bill of mental health and you have had actual supernatural contact with the divine world, I'd love to hear about it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------PAST- REFLECTIONS----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Everyone I've been away an awful long time. It must be over 20 years now, I honestly don't know I've lost track of time. I see Dr. Shades is still around... I can't recall if he's shady or not? I left the boards when I went inactive. My tale was so crazy at the time, John Dehlin wanted to interview me back when he was a no-body, seems like a life time ago now. I denied him the interview, because I didn't want to harm the Church.

These chat boards seems to of undergone so many iterations and appellations, I frankly dunno if I'm even in the right place?. But I remember Shades and Consigliere, Kamenraider, Danny Petersen and some woman who was an ardent defender of the faith, Catherine Yvonne??? something or other maybe? She was like a mad foot ball fan, white hats Vs Black hats! She cheered for the white hats, even when the player was concussed and running with the ball in the wrong direction and about to score for opposition, she had good intentions, but not arguments. People were madly loyal back then, people screamed for the goodies (Church is true Crowd, white hats) even if they didn't really understand the discussion or the problems, or where the goal posts were located. lol It was war! Good VS Evil! and it was to be played out not in the valley of Megiddo but on the Mormon Discussions Boards, MADB, on a PC's

I Remember signing up to the boards and it asked people what their real name was as part of creating a profile, I presume so they could pass the information onto the Church. Who the hell would want to belong to a church like that! Ewww Yuckky!

It was the wild west back then, I remember some of my posts were picked up by Peggy Stack and she lifted my material for her tribune articles on Mormonism, first time I thought it must be a co-incidence then second time it was verbatim so I shut down my account, in shock! I didn't know that my whinging and whining would end up in the tribune, that scared the crap outta me, because I know the brethren get a copy on the desk every morning. Well they did back then anyhow. It wasn't my intention to affect things, I didn't wanna change anything I just wanted to whinge as ya do. I thought “F”-me! If they only knew I was a teenager! lol

I learned years later my nick naming Brent Metcalf and Dan Vogel, "Beavis and Butthead", was picked up by others and used to ridicule and mock them. I forgot all about it, until I heard Brent mentioned it again recently in an interview, made me feel ill that I was the one that threw the nick name and it stuck like wet toilet paper on the ceiling.

I just want to say that, I was not behind the ridicule or mockery, I just concocted the nick name, other people ran with it and repeated it, that's it! I feel guilt and shame, that stoopid bloody nick name has done personal injury and if Brent of Dan are out there, I want them to know the person responsible is deeply sorry, and I never would've come up with the suggested nick name if I would've known the personal injury and harm it has done. It makes me sick to my stomach! A dumb joke caught on! I'm not interested in hurting anyone or anything. Just makes me feel ill the damage that nick name has done, especially to Brent.

I remember trying to explain that Dan Petersen's approach to apologetics was only going to hurt the church in the long run, he had the same approach as the church, hide and cover up! (After all it was the old time worn policy, going back to Joseph and Brigmister) Dan and the Church's strategy, hey it works! as a matter of fact it works great, for the short term at least, but not the long term. All the lying and coverups by early church leaders, all that stuff worked great at the time, but it's come back to haunt it, bite it on the ass hole, like a ghost from Christmas Past, who would've thought? I ranted and raved on my little Mormon discussions soap box, sounding the voice of warning, bashing my tin cans trying to get someone's attention, no one listened or cared of course.

It was all 'he said, she said back then.' You've gotta tell the unvarnished truth though, the truth always comes out, that perfect 90 Degree right angle, will never be wrong, the set square of eternal truth. The church doesn't believe the truth will always come out eventually, they don't believe in that spiritual principal, not really anyhow, if they did they wouldn't cover stuff up. But it's true, eventually the truth comes out, might take a 1000 years.

The Church has so many eyes on it, so many people watching it, you gotta tell the truth, it was almost provincial back then the church that is, like a quaint little country town, pro Mormons and anti-Mormons we all knew each other back then, it was all usual suspects. Anyhow so much for my waffle. But I was right you know, now the crap has hit the fan, and all the kings horses and all the kings men,( all the apologists, all the Mormon intelligensia, all the lds think tanks) can defend exposed dodginess. Even with all those Billions and Billions and Billions, no matter how much money you throw at it, when you seek to lie and cover up and conceal, even all the money in the world doesn't help.
Kishkumen
God

Re: ATTN: IMPORTANT! Mormon Supernaturality

Post by Kishkumen »

Welcome back, Kent. I started posting here over 15 years ago. What a ride, eh? Thanks for your reminiscences, and I hope to see you back with us for repeat visits. Kick up your feet and stay a spell.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Kent wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:31 pm
I remember trying to explain that Dan Petersen's approach to apologetics was only going to hurt the church in the long run, he had the same approach as the church, hide and cover up!
Yep, I love to see those other than ex-Mo's realize this.

Thanks for sharing your experience, I'm sure if we had a similar trip we would respond as you have to it. I wouldn't discount your personal experience, but I also wouldn't expect it to do much in the way of convincing anyone except yourself. I do often think that Joseph Smith must have had the least faith of anyone on Earth, if he had the experience he claimed he did. After all, you don't need faith that your house and car exist, and if God had appeared to me I would put God in that same category of things I know exist.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Interesting post Kent. thanks for sharing
2bizE
Nursery

Post by 2bizE »

I thought this post was going to be about garments….