Corporate Church Fears?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
kairos
CTR B

Corporate Church Fears?

Post by kairos »

I sense from the last general conference that Nelson and his buddies fear nothing from the sheep, the SLT or others like Jeremy Reynolds , John Dehlin, or I own Phil Sofee and Shulem.
Do you think Russell M. Nelson et al fear anything that could blow the good ship zion right out of the Church Office Building?
drumdude
God

Re: Corporate Church Fears?

Post by drumdude »

Just look at how Putin is able to declare victory in the face of such stunning losses. The Iraqi propaganda minister famously said the same thing during the 2003 invasion. "Everything is fine."

When you're as isolated and out of touch as the leaders of Mormon Inc. are, with no one around you but yes-men, nothing can pierce that bubble.

Church membership increasing? "The work rolls forth like the stone cut from the blah blah blah"

Church membership decreasing? "Even the elect are leaving, we've prophesied of these latter days, test of mens souls, blah blah blah"
DrStakhanovite
Elder

Post by DrStakhanovite »

kairos wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 11:32 pm
I sense from the last general conference that Nelson and his buddies fear nothing from the sheep, the SLT or others like Jeremy Reynolds , John Dehlin, or I own Phil Sofee and Shulem.
Do you think Russell M. Nelson et al fear anything that could blow the good ship zion right out of the Church Office Building?
Wiped my post, totally misread OP. Sorry!
Last edited by DrStakhanovite on Sun Apr 24, 2022 6:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

kairos wrote:
A tax audit.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

kairos wrote:
Yes. Losing tax-exempt status.
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Binger
God
Location: That's the difference. I actually have a Blue Heeler

Post by Binger »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 9:32 am
kairos wrote:
Yes. Losing tax-exempt status.
Agreed. They certainly have their eyes on what just happened to Disney in Florida. As a major land owner and developer in Florida, I suspect they do not want that to happen to them.