Backyard Professor on Dehlin's Mormon Stories May 10th

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Philo Sofee
God

Backyard Professor on Dehlin's Mormon Stories May 10th

Post by Philo Sofee »

Time to make the announcement. I have been invited to be on John Dehlin Mormon Stories on Monday, May 10th, at 5 p.m. Mountain time in the U.S. That's 4 p.m. Pacific, 6 p.m. Central and 7 p.m. East Time for the United States.
I am going to do an extended overall approach to the Facsimiles, the papyri, and the Steve Smoot review of Dan Vogel's book, and problem apologetics in general. I am more interested in clarifying than refuting apologists however.
I had Gerardo at my house for 3 hours today photographing all my visuals (completely unique and inclusive of separate parts usually shown, thus giving a far more comprehensive context and inter-relationship understanding of all of the information, papers, folios, papyri, and Book of Abraham contexts, on hieroglyphs, Grammars, and Translations.
It is truly going to be a unique presentation and Gerardo was amazed and thrilled as I was explaining what my visuals were showing. It's going to be spectacular (according to Gerardo).
Looking forward to seeing you all there! I have a short video with Gerardo on my Backyard Professor #15 on my live I did tonight in the opening 5 minutes on Mormon Discussion Inc website. I believe the announcement is on John Dehlin's site as well. (I haven't checked yet.)
Last edited by Philo Sofee on Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Moksha
God

Re: Backyard Professor on Dehlin's Mormon Stories May 2nd

Post by Moksha »

Wow, that will be in only one week!

Does the audience need to make any extra preparations like having plenty of diet soda on hand?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Sweet, Philo! I am excited for you. You have a great story to share that people want to hear about.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Kishkumen wrote:
Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:07 am
Sweet, Philo! I am excited for you. You have a great story to share that people want to hear about.
Yeah, I am very excited about it. Should be fun and informative... preppin for it is even fun, actually!
dastardly stem
God

Post by dastardly stem »

Sell out. :D
“Every one of us is, in the cosmic perspective, precious. If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In a hundred billion galaxies, you will not find another.”
― Carl Sagan, Cosmos
Rollo Redux
Nursery

Post by Rollo Redux »

Looking forward to it, Professor!
dan vogel
CTR A

Post by dan vogel »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Mon Apr 25, 2022 3:06 am
Time to make the announcement. I have been invited to be on John Dehlin Mormon Stories on Monday, May 2nd, at 6 p.m. Mountain time in the U.S. That's 5 p.m. Pacific, 7 p.m. Central and 8 p.m. East Time for the United States.
I am going to do an extended overall approach to the Facsimiles, the papyri, and the Steve Smoot review of Dan Vogel's book, and problem apologetics in general. I am more interested in clarifying than refuting apologists however.
I had Gerardo at my house for 3 hours today photographing all my visuals (completely unique and inclusive of separate parts usually shown, thus giving a far more comprehensive context and inter-relationship understanding of all of the information, papers, folios, papyri, and Book of Abraham contexts, on hieroglyphs, Grammars, and Translations.
It is truly going to be a unique presentation and Gerardo was amazed and thrilled as I was explaining what my visuals were showing. It's going to be spectacular (according to Gerardo).
Looking forward to seeing you all there! I have a short video with Gerardo on my Backyard Professor #15 on my live I did tonight in the opening 5 minutes on Mormon Discussion Inc website. I believe the announcement is on John Dehlin's site as well. (I haven't checked yet.)
Loved your show last night. Your graphics were good. The magnet on white board method works for you. It's nice to see my presentation of evidence reflected back to me by someone who gets it. Well done. I try to go to the mormondiscussions site for the link or even search Youtube under backyard professor, but nothing. The link finally showed up on mormondiscussion, but only after you had started. This seems to happen every week. I hope it isn't hurting your viewership. I look forward to seeing you on mormonstories.
Symmachus
Valiant A

Post by Symmachus »

I have only listened to one Mormon Stories episode in the past decade (Ritner's, although RFM really carried that series). Yours will be my second, Philo, and I'm really looking forward to it.
(who/whom)

"As to any slivers of light or any particles of darkness of the past, we forget about them."
—B. Redd McConkie
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Symmachus wrote:
Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:13 pm
I have only listened to one Mormon Stories episode in the past decade (Ritner's, although RFM really carried that series). Yours will be my second, Philo, and I'm really looking forward to it.
Well thank you Symmachus! I am looking forward to seeing your critique! I have some serious great visuals for the Mormon Stories session. Gerardo was just as he said, "blown away" with some of the information alongside the visual since the visual showed him what I was meaning and he got it. By dang he got it! I could tell by his reaction it hit him like a ton of brick and he was thrilled. He asked some follow up questions which told me he got it. It was so damn fun I couldn't hardly stand it. Gerardo took great pictures of ALL my visuals and we will have them on the big screen while I am in the corner pointing to the areas I want to demonstrate and he will zoom in on those areas. It is going to be well done, I think and hope...
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

dan vogel wrote:
Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:30 pm
Philo Sofee wrote:
Mon Apr 25, 2022 3:06 am
Time to make the announcement. I have been invited to be on John Dehlin Mormon Stories on Monday, May 2nd, at 6 p.m. Mountain time in the U.S. That's 5 p.m. Pacific, 7 p.m. Central and 8 p.m. East Time for the United States.
Loved your show last night. Your graphics were good. The magnet on white board method works for you. It's nice to see my presentation of evidence reflected back to me by someone who gets it. Well done. I try to go to the mormondiscussions site for the link or even search Youtube under backyard professor, but nothing. The link finally showed up on mormondiscussion, but only after you had started. This seems to happen every week. I hope it isn't hurting your viewership. I look forward to seeing you on mormonstories.
Yes, I just have to learn how to program it and get back in. I will take the time to do that. THANK you for your persistence. I am the one who should be thanking you and Paul Osborne for sharing your information as well. I never thought of it, but yes, seeing your own ideas reflected back at you would be a COOL experience! :D I love having you in the audience, and I know the audience loves you too, they tell me after the shows.