Biblical characters and inherited kingdoms

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
msnobody
First Presidency

Biblical characters and inherited kingdoms

Post by msnobody »

What kingdom do you suppose the following biblical persons will inherit in LDS theology? I'm just going to throw out some names. I think I know where this will go, but I want to ask those who are more in the know than I am.

Moses
Abraham
David
John
Matthew
Luke
Paul

I'm even going to throw Jesus in the mix.
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7
High Spy
2nd Quorum of 70

Re: Biblical characters and inherited kingdoms

Post by High Spy »

This may help place seers and others on the proper rung of Isaiah’s Ladder. :geek:
. . . * . . . . . . . . **

3*8** Knight Lion, but not Nite Lion. 🐳 gbng

Everybody's heard the whale and 8 are linked. :lol:

Choose the 🥩
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Doesn’t it depend on if there is progression between kingdoms or not?
msnobody
First Presidency

Post by msnobody »

drumdude wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 5:17 am
From what I understand that is debatable.
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

msnobody wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:43 am
drumdude wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 5:17 am
From what I understand that is debatable.
I haven't seen any Mormons make a case that there cannot ever be progression between Kingdoms. I've only heard them express it as an opinion, which to me seems like they want all the sacrifices they made in this world to not be for nothing. It's a very selfish and not Christlike thought, IMHO.
Kukulkan
High Priest

Post by Kukulkan »

I want to say that according to doctrine, the idea of progressing between kingdoms is not doctrinal.
This is worse than false! It is an evil and pernicious doctrine…. It causes them to say: “God is so merciful; surely he will save us all eventually. If we do not gain the celestial kingdom now, eventually we will, so why worry?” It lets people live a life of sin here and now with the hope that they will be saved eventually. The true doctrine is that all men will be resurrected, but they will come forth in the resurrection with different kinds of bodies… The body we receive in the resurrection determines the glory we receive in the kingdoms that are prepared. –Bruce R. McConkie (The Seven Deadly Heresies; BYU, 1 June 1980)
Addressing the OP. I would think all would receive Celestial glory.
"I advise all to go on to perfection and search deeper and deeper into the mysteries of Godliness." -Joseph Smith
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

If only Mormon doctrine were so simple. The first presidency issued a statement squarely aimed at undermining McConkie and Mormon Doctrine:
Not every statement made by a Church leader, past or present, necessarily constitutes doctrine. A single statement made by a single leader on a single occasion often represents a personal, though well-considered, opinion, but is not meant to be officially binding for the whole Church. With divine inspiration, the First Presidency...and the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles...counsel together to establish doctrine that is consistently proclaimed in official Church publications. This doctrine resides in the four “standard works” of scripture (the Holy Bible, the Book of Mormon, the Doctrine and Covenants and the Pearl of Great Price), official declarations and proclamations, and the Articles of Faith. Isolated statements are often taken out of context, leaving their original meaning distorted.
LDS Newsroom, "Approaching Mormon Doctrine," lds.org (4 May 2007)
Kukulkan
High Priest

Post by Kukulkan »

drumdude wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:08 am
If only Mormon doctrine were so simple. The first presidency issued a statement squarely aimed at undermining McConkie and Mormon Doctrine:
The Church did McConkie so dirty.
"I advise all to go on to perfection and search deeper and deeper into the mysteries of Godliness." -Joseph Smith
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Kukulkan wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:13 am
drumdude wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:08 am
The Church did McConkie so dirty.
Church leaders have been wrong so many times, they realized its safer to never take a position on anything. Brigham was completely wrong about Adam God. Celestial Marriage (the real polygamous one) was outlawed by threat of military force. And the black priesthood ban became such a problem, the non-Mormon world forced the prophets to create a "revelation" to overturn longstanding doctrine.

Even Nelson's obsession with not using the word Mormon isn't going to last more than a few years after he dies. The prophets simply cannot prophesy anymore, because when they do it only shows how completely incompetent they are.