Hallucinations and The Phantom God: What Neuroscience Reveals (October 2022)

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Res Ipsa
God

Re: Hallucinations and The Phantom God: What Neuroscience Reveals (October 2022)

Post by Res Ipsa »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:35 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:28 pm

What led you to change your mind?
I'll probably read it next year. I don't have a lot of spare time right now to read and closely analyze a book just for fun.

And as you said it's not published peer-reviewed research, but hopefully you read it so you can give us your opinion.
Understood. You must be back in school. My reading list is so long that I doubt I can finish it before I die. Not that I'm anticipating dying soon -- my list is just that long! If I read it, I'll post my thoughts.

On another topic, was rapamycin one of the drugs you were following on the topic of life extension?
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
doubtingthomas
God

Re: Hallucinations and The Phantom God: What Neuroscience Reveals (October 2022)

Post by doubtingthomas »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:46 pm

On another topic, was rapamycin one of the drugs you were following on the topic of life extension?
Yes. Well, it's the drug that Stanfield wants to study.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:00 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:46 pm

Yes. Well, it's the drug that Stanfield wants to study.
I just listened to an episode of Radiolab that was about the discovery and history of the drug. Really interesting!
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:40 pm

I just listened to an episode of Radiolab that was about the discovery and history of the drug. Really interesting!
Nice.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll: