President Nelson announces a Temple in Russia…update

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
IHAQ
God

President Nelson announces a Temple in Russia…update

Post by IHAQ »

April 2018
President Russell M. Nelson made the historic announcement of Russia's first temple at the end of his closing remarks at the 188th Annual General Conference. No city was named as part of the announcement—only that it would be constructed in a major city yet to be determined.
posting.php?mode=post&f=4

May 2022 - So how is it progressing?
Construction Status
The Russia Temple is currently in the planning stages. No groundbreaking date has been announced.

Temple Rendering
Renderings of the Russia Temple and site plan have not yet been publicly released.

Temple Site
No city has been officially announced for the location of the Russia Temple.
Why wasn’t President Nelson inspired to delay the announcement until after the war with Ukraine?
Moksha
God

Re: President Nelson announces a Temple in Russia…update

Post by Moksha »

IHAQ wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 6:54 am
Why wasn’t President Nelson inspired to delay the announcement until after the war with Ukraine?
Yeah, like there was any way of knowing that far ahead of time, or that Russia would take such a hardline on non-Russian Orthodox religions (although doing the groundwork ahead of the announcement to check for permissibility would have been prudent). I suppose the same thing could be said for the China Temple announcement.

No one tells President Veruca Salt that she cannot have a pony in her apartment complex.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Equality
CTR B

Post by Equality »

Rumor has it that in October he will announce the Mars temple. Isn't it marvelous?!
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

We thank thee oh Lord for a prophet to guide us in these latter days…
Binger
God
Location: That's the difference. I actually have a Blue Heeler

Post by Binger »

Equality wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 3:17 pm
Rumor has it that in October he will announce the Mars temple. Isn't it marvelous?!
Does this make Equality a Seer Seer?
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

IHAQ wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 6:54 am
April 2018
President Russell M. Nelson made the historic announcement of Russia's first temple at the end of his closing remarks at the 188th Annual General Conference. No city was named as part of the announcement—only that it would be constructed in a major city yet to be determined.
posting.php?mode=post&f=4

May 2022 - So how is it progressing?
Construction Status
The Russia Temple is currently in the planning stages. No groundbreaking date has been announced.

Temple Rendering
Renderings of the Russia Temple and site plan have not yet been publicly released.

Temple Site
No city has been officially announced for the location of the Russia Temple.
IHAQ,
I guess I have a touch of curiosity. Why would you expect President Nelson to get this particular inspiration? (question exists assuming the proposal that he is a prophet of God who receives inspiration.)

My memory of Mormon ideas includes the idea that we all use our brains to make decisions and that has limitations even though we all may receive inspiration. Mistakes happen.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

The only example of prophesy the church has held up for us to examine is that Rusty preemptively cancelled a few of his personal business trips a month before Covid hit.
malkie
God

Post by malkie »

Equality wrote:
Surely "... the inhabitants of this little planet that shines of an evening, called the Moon" should get theirs before Mars.

And what about "... the inhabitants of the Sun. Do you not think it is inhabited? I rather think it is. Do you think there is any life there? No Question of it; it was not made in vain.” Don't they deserve priority also?
You can help Ukraine by talking for an hour a week!! PM me, or check www.enginprogram.org for details.
Слава Україні!, 𝑺𝒍𝒂𝒗𝒂 𝑼𝒌𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒊!
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

malkie wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 4:40 pm
Equality wrote:
Surely "... the inhabitants of this little planet that shines of an evening, called the Moon" should get theirs before Mars.

And what about "... the inhabitants of the Sun. Do you not think it is inhabited? I rather think it is. Do you think there is any life there? No Question of it; it was not made in vain.” Don't they deserve priority also?
And it will be perfectly safe as long as they build it at night.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
BeNotDeceived
Priest

Post by BeNotDeceived »

drumdude wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 4:12 pm
The only example of prophesy the church has held up for us to examine is that Rusty preemptively cancelled a few of his personal business trips a month before Covid hit.
Even a broken clock is correct twice a day.