Kerry Muhlestein's Brand New Article TODAY and My Take on it

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Philo Sofee
God

Kerry Muhlestein's Brand New Article TODAY and My Take on it

Post by Philo Sofee »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eh0iha ... O&index=47

I read Kerry Muhlestein's new article in the magazine LDS Living for May-June 2022 tonight after I got home from work, and produced a special Live session of the Backyard Professor Getting Clear on the Joseph Smith Papyri. More or less a review of an over-generalized faith promoting view especially written for what Shades properly identified over a decade ago as "Chapel Mormons," patting them on the head and assuring them everything is fine with Joseph Smith's translation of the Book of Abraham. I take exception to it, and in an hour discuss his significant unethical and irrelevant parallels and claims. Come enjoy an added hour with me on this, my favorite subject, which apologists continually get wrong, and why they do.
Last edited by Philo Sofee on Fri May 06, 2022 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shulem
God

Re: Kerry Muhlestein's Brand New Article TODAY and My Take on it

Post by Shulem »

Note -- This is just a spoof:
Kerry Muhlestein wrote:
Uncovering archeological evidence for the Book of Abraham is exhilarating. The confirmations are incontrovertible and positively verified by the evidence. The Book of Abraham Facsimiles are the word of God.

Last edited by Shulem on Fri May 06, 2022 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Uncovering archeological evidence for the Book of Abraham is exhilarating. The confirmations are incontrovertible and positively verified by the evidence….
I assume he says that with a straight face, so what audience is he talking to? Are there really still people so gullible or isolated or uneducated that they take statements like this at face value?
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Marcus wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 4:01 am
Uncovering archeological evidence for the Book of Abraham is exhilarating. The confirmations are incontrovertible and positively verified by the evidence….
I assume he says that with a straight face, so what audience is he talking to? Are there really still people so gullible or isolated or uneducated that they take statements like this at face value?
There really are...
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Discovering miraculous archeological evidence for the Book of Abraham. Egyptologist Kerry Muhlestein details precise proofs and evidences for the Book of Abraham Facsimiles.

Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Marcus wrote:

Well, actually, that was my fake piece I added to mock him. I guess it seems pretty genuine.

;)
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Shulem wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 4:09 am
Marcus wrote:

Well, actually, that was my fake piece I added to mock him. I guess it seems pretty genuine.

;)
Well, he did say he found over 1,000,000 mummies... I mean, after all, that means a whole lot more hypocephali and greater chances to confirm Joseph Smith's interpretations. :roll:
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Shulem wrote:
Marcus wrote:

;)
It actually does. And he cheats on his footnotes, but what else is new for a mopologist?
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 4:24 am
Shulem wrote:

;)
Well, he did say he found over 1,000,000 mummies... I mean, after all, that means a whole lot more hypocephali and greater chances to confirm Joseph Smith's interpretations. :roll:
:lol: And he found out how the real world reacts to hyperbole. What an embarrassment that whole incident was!!
hauslern
1st Counselor

Post by hauslern »

Would he note the names and get temple work done for the mummies? They have been waiting a long time. Would the Egyptian gov approve?