What Do People Here Believe?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Moksha
God

Re: What Do People Here Believe?

Post by Moksha »

Binger wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 11:58 pm
Morley wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 11:42 pm

This is one of the more homoerotic things I've read on this board. Good for you, Binger.
Explain.
You had random guys (Village People?) tattooed on your arm.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Binger
God
Location: That's the difference. I actually have a Blue Heeler

Post by Binger »

Moksha wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 7:04 am
Binger wrote:

Explain.
What reaction are you hoping to get from this post?
Morley
God

Post by Morley »

Binger wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 2:02 am

I have my own angels. Funny, right? They are iron workers and cowboys. Gunslingers and welders. They are fishermen and builders. They drive old trucks, repair their own pipeliners and sling bandaliers. They ride horses and Harleys. I dispatch them at will and call on them. They are fixers and they are loyal. To me, that is what friends are about and that is what I would expect from an angel. I am committed, and have them tattooed from my wrist to my shoulder.
Morley wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 11:42 pm
I'm sure you didn't mean it this way, but this is one of the more homoerotic things I've read on this board. Good for you, Binger.
Binger wrote:
Explain.
In my minds eye, I see virile blue-collar types, bulging with muscles that shred their shirts, and dripping with a potent mixture of sweat and testosterone--the kind of archetype that graces the covers of both women's romance novels and men's homoerotic literature.

I admit that at first, I thought you were being funny and sarcastic, then I remembered my own old, smudged tattoo of a shield maiden that could easily be mistaken for a piece of WWII Nazi propaganda.

It's funny how our minds work.
High Spy
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by High Spy »

Moksha wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 7:04 am
Binger wrote:

Explain.

pbnd :mrgreen: A giant snowman, but not eating marshmallows in a blizzard.

. . . * . . . . . . . . **

3*8** Knight Lion, but not Nite Lion. 🐳 gbng

Everybody's heard the whale and 8 are linked. :lol:

Choose the 🥩
msnobody
First Presidency

Post by msnobody »

KevinSim wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 8:16 pm
KevinSim wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 3:34 am
What do different people on this forum believe?
So from what I've read it sounds like three or four of you have faith in God, but the vast majority are skeptical about God at best, and outright atheists at worst. This is a bit of a switch from the Internet forum I came here from, that was overwhelmingly Biblical Christian, so I guess I'll have to change my focus here.
Just curious, on what other Internet forum did you previously post?
What brought you to this forum?
Last edited by msnobody on Sun May 22, 2022 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

I just have to laugh at the 1980s idea that atheists are the “worst.” I know Mormonism still holds atheism next to Satan worship, but come on.

It’s the year 2022, being atheist is not at all stigmatized anymore outside of fundamentalist Christianity.
Fence Sitter
High Priest

Post by Fence Sitter »

There was this poster here a while back who claimed he believed in preserving good things forever, but was unable to provide any clarity on what was a "good thing" or how one preserved it forever. I wonder what happened to him?

I believe we are mostly wrong about what we believe.
Jeff
Sunbeam

Post by Jeff »

As members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, we are blessed to be led by living prophets- inspired men called to speak for the Lord just as Moses, Isaiah, Peter, Paul, Nephi, Mormon, and other prophets of the scriptures. Like the prophets of old, prophets today testify of Jesus Christ and teach his gospel. They make known God's will and true character. They speak boldly and clearly, denouncing sin and warning of its consequences. At times, they may be inspired to prophesy of future events for our benefit. You can always trust the living prophets. Their teachings reflect the will of the Lord, who declared, "what I the Lord have spoken, I have spoken, and I excuse not myself, and though the heavens and the earth pass away, my word shall not pass away, but shall all be fulfilled, whether by mine own voice or by the voice of my servants, it is the same."
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

Jeff wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 5:05 pm
As members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, we are blessed to be led by living prophets- inspired men called to speak for the Lord just as Moses, Isaiah, Peter, Paul, Nephi, Mormon, and other prophets of the scriptures. Like the prophets of old, prophets today testify of Jesus Christ and teach his gospel. They make known God's will and true character. They speak boldly and clearly, denouncing sin and warning of its consequences. At times, they may be inspired to prophesy of future events for our benefit. You can always trust the living prophets. Their teachings reflect the will of the Lord, who declared, "what I the Lord have spoken, I have spoken, and I excuse not myself, and though the heavens and the earth pass away, my word shall not pass away, but shall all be fulfilled, whether by mine own voice or by the voice of my servants, it is the same."
Have any of the people you call living prophets ever issued any teachings that, in your view, did not 'reflect the will of the Lord'?
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
kairos
CTR B

Post by kairos »

Great question “what do people here believe?”
My beliefs over the years have changed in depth more than in additional topics or venues. I am not LDS even though my family and my families families are TBM and I have more three and two hour blocks behind me than most who are LDS- I have sojourned with them for over forty years and much study and observation is that LDS church and it’s policies and doctrine have pretty much derailed itself beginning with the deceptions of Joseph Smith and followon PSRs.
There are elements of LDSism that are true as far as Christianity proclaims . The atonement ( excepting the bleed out in Gethsamane ) has JC in a subtutionary role to reconcile humankind to the Father ( Tritinarian here) by his
Suffering and death on the cross- giving all who believe in him eternal life ( John 3:16). For me That belief must be total surrender to Jesus as Savior and Lord of the believer. Salvation like creation of men and women has nothing to do with what you do- it is all grace - God’s love and unmerited favor is offered to you/me as a gift that we simply receive
In faith. Once we accept Jesus as Savior and Lord He lives within us by the power of the HS. Consequently everything we are and do is for the glory of God- nothing else in life really matters- not your degrees, your bank account for examples. We live a life in the power of the Spirit until God calls us home to eternal life. There is once to die Paul writes and then the judgment.
My beliefs are pretty much aligned with Charles Stanley ( in touch.org). Check it out -you might hear the Call!
Thanx for the question
Peace and All Good
k