What Do People Here Believe?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
KevinSim
Bishop

Re: What Do People Here Believe?

Post by KevinSim »

msnobody wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 11:55 pm
Glad you’re here.
Thanks, Msnobody!
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

High Spy wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 6:54 am
Strange things are good things.
Prove it.
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
High Spy
1st Quorum of 70

Post by High Spy »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Sun Jun 05, 2022 11:29 pm
High Spy wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 6:54 am
Strange things are good things.
Prove it.
“For the LORD shall rise up as in mount Perazim, he shall be wroth as in the valley of Gibeon, that he may do his work, his strange work; and bring to pass his act, his strange act.” (Isa 28:21)

God is good, therefore his strange act is good.
msnobody
Prophet

Post by msnobody »

High Spy wrote:
Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:34 am
Dr. Shades wrote:
Sun Jun 05, 2022 11:29 pm

Prove it.
“For the LORD shall rise up as in mount Perazim, he shall be wroth as in the valley of Gibeon, that he may do his work, his strange work; and bring to pass his act, his strange act.” (Isa 28:21)

God is good, therefore his strange act is good.
Thank you for posting this. It caused me to go to a commentary to read, which helped me with trusting in God's timing and his work concerning a completely different matter.
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

KevinSim wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 3:34 am
What do different people on this forum believe? How many of you are Biblical Christians? How many have other beliefs about God? How many are atheists? How many are agnostics? How many are Latter-day Saints? I am a Latter-day Saint myself. My mother was a sixth generation Latter-day Saint; my father joined the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints shortly before he met her. I'm curious what the makeup of this forum is.
I believe that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the latter day kingdom of God on earth to prepare the world for the second coming of Jesus Christ and to provide the means necessary for exaltation/salvation of God’s children here and in the hereafter.

I have not come to this point without having travelled a similar path that others here have described and settled themselves in/at.

Regards,
MG
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:55 am
There’s nothing left for you to actually discuss these days except for lip-smacking Apostles giving sing songy speeches about paying tithing.
- Doc
Tithing seems to be a recurring issue for some. This was the case for you apparently?

It’s a tough commandment to follow/obey for those that are not all in for one reason or another. There are other commandments that I’m sure are a stumbling block for some unless they have some semblance of a testimony in the truthfulness of the restoration.

There are undoubtedly a certain number of folks that aren’t comfortable living the gospel way of life. That’s got to impact, to some degree, their ‘belief’.

Regards,
MG
msnobody
Prophet

Post by msnobody »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:07 am
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:55 am
There’s nothing left for you to actually discuss these days except for lip-smacking Apostles giving sing songy speeches about paying tithing.
- Doc
Tithing seems to be a recurring issue for some. This was the case for you apparently?

It’s a tough commandment to follow/obey for those that are not all in for one reason or another. There are other commandments that I’m sure are a stumbling block for some unless they have some semblance of a testimony in the truthfulness of the restoration.

There are undoubtedly a certain number of folks that aren’t comfortable living the gospel way of life. That’s got to impact, to some degree, their ‘belief’.

Regards,
MG
The question should be asked as to why some "become" not all in. Some have legitimate reasons for why they are not "all in."
Last edited by msnobody on Tue Jun 07, 2022 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7
Morley
God
Location: Gotta love this 1794 woodcut portrait by Toshusai Sharaku.

Post by Morley »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:38 pm
I have not come to this point without having travelled a similar path that others here have described and settled themselves in/at.
This is hubris.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Morley wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:36 pm
MG 2.0 wrote:
Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:38 pm
This is hubris.
Yes.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 4:42 pm
Morley wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:36 pm

This is hubris.
Yes.
Meanwhile, the ridiculous slash mis-use continues to be a thorn. Inconsequential and dumb, yes, which makes me wonder if he does it on purpose to irritate, or if he really is that bad at the written word. I suppose the humane assumption would be the latter.