What Do People Here Believe?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
MG 2.0
God

Re: What Do People Here Believe?

Post by MG 2.0 »

Tator wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:21 am

MG doesn't wear the pants in his family.
I may have Priesthood authority but my wife is definitely the one with authority, often the final authority, in our home.

But she’s much more intuitive than I am so it’s all good.

Regards,
MG
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

Tator wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:17 pm
MG 2.0 wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:11 am

Hmm…and you were a Bishop? That narrows it down…

Unless you’re lying about that.

Yes, I did meet JK Williams. Good guy. I find it difficult do believe that you are of the same caliber as him.

I suppose you might be hesitant to reveal your identity (if you are even telling the truth, which I doubt) because you are a wolf in sheep’s clothing?

Seems as though that would make you a liar in more ways than one.

Anyway, it’s fun going back and forth with you although somewhat aggravating.

I suppose I’ll never know your real identity and whether you’re telling the truth.

Whatever.

Best wishes.

Enough time spent playing in this sandbox. 🙂

Regards,
MG
MG's shelf of worries and doubts just got a little heavier, hilarious.
Nope. The opposite. When I participate on this board the clarity in which I see the truths of the gospel and the reality of the restoration becomes even more firmly implanted in my heart and mind.

You folks have NOTHING to offer. I think those that don’t participate through posting can readily see that. That is, if they haven’t already or are just about ready to toss a loving creator God out the window or change Him into some nebulous non entity.

Regards,
MG
dastardly stem
God

Post by dastardly stem »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:21 pm
Nope. The opposite. When I participate on this board the clarity in which I see the truths of the gospel and the reality of the restoration becomes even more firmly implanted in my heart and mind.
Studies have demonstrated that people will often cling to bad ideas if they are so heavily invested in them already. When contravening evidence comes up, they'll even often take it as evidence that their poor ideas are true. I'm never surprised when I hear believers say their faith has only grown. I recall back when I was a missionary. I encountered a couple who were devoutly evangelical. They sat patiently with us hearing us out, week after week. By the end, they had tons of questions and concerns. I'm certain as best we could our answers just didn't come off very compelling to them, but to us we really had something. They offered their condemnations on us for our weak beliefs and upon leaving on our last visit (which felt almost emotional to me at the time, as I grew to enjoy them), the man took my hand harshly pulled me in and desperately or firmly told me, his faith in his religion only deepened and I was wasting my time. Good stuff. You reminded me of that, as he too basically said:
You folks have NOTHING to offer.

You're participation belies your claims though. You seem to somewhat enjoy the challenge even if you tend to shy away from engaging with it. But I'll take you at your word. if you find nothing here, then all I can say is, all my best.
“Every one of us is, in the cosmic perspective, precious. If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In a hundred billion galaxies, you will not find another.”
― Carl Sagan, Cosmos
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

MG 2.0 wrote:

Not true. I have a bowl of delicious chocolate-covered espresso beans at my desk. Would you like some?
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

dastardly stem wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:40 pm
MG 2.0 wrote:
Studies have demonstrated that people will often cling to bad ideas if they are so heavily invested in them already. When contravening evidence comes up, they'll even often take it as evidence that their poor ideas are true. I'm never surprised when I hear believers say their faith has only grown. I recall back when I was a missionary. I encountered a couple who were devoutly evangelical. They sat patiently with us hearing us out, week after week. By the end, they had tons of questions and concerns. I'm certain as best we could our answers just didn't come off very compelling to them, but to us we really had something. They offered their condemnations on us for our weak beliefs and upon leaving on our last visit (which felt almost emotional to me at the time, as I grew to enjoy them), the man took my hand harshly pulled me in and desperately or firmly told me, his faith in his religion only deepened and I was wasting my time. Good stuff. You reminded me of that, as he too basically said:

You're participation belies your claims though. You seem to somewhat enjoy the challenge even if you tend to shy away from engaging with it. But I'll take you at your word. if you find nothing here, then all I can say is, all my best.
I actually can appreciate where you’re coming from here. I’ve thought a lot about this. And I’ve tried to be as rational and analytical in my approach as I can. I am somewhat of a skeptic at heart. I cross myself frequently as I compare and contrast.

Not in the Catholic way. 😂

You know what I mean.

And I also wish you the best. I do think that you will spend the rest of your life looking for something that you won’t find. But sometimes the joy and thrill is in the journey, right?😄

Re,
MG
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

canpakes wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:41 pm
MG 2.0 wrote:

Not true. I have a bowl of delicious chocolate-covered espresso beans at my desk. Would you like some?
😂😄🙂

Regards,
MG
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:48 pm
...I cross myself frequently as I compare and contrast...

You know what I mean.
No. What do you mean?
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

Marcus wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:53 pm
MG 2.0 wrote:
...I cross myself frequently as I compare and contrast...

You know what I mean.
No. What do you mean?
This may help:

https://bookofmormonstudynotes.blog/201 ... -alma-399/

By the way, I don’t respond to most of your posts, but this one might hold interest for others who might not understand the Book of Mormon usage of ‘cross’ along with yourself.

Regards,
MG
dastardly stem
God

Post by dastardly stem »

MG 2.0 wrote:

I do think that you will spend the rest of your life looking for something that you won’t find.
What an encouraging god you must think is there. People spending their whole lives looking and yet not able to find it, and yet all it'd take is for him to give them an inch, say Hi, wave, or wink. "No. Then you'll know and won't have need for faith," they say. "god needs people to live by faith," because then they can turn into obnoxiously hidden and useless creeps like him.
“Every one of us is, in the cosmic perspective, precious. If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In a hundred billion galaxies, you will not find another.”
― Carl Sagan, Cosmos
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

dastardly stem wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:10 pm
MG 2.0 wrote:

I do think that you will spend the rest of your life looking for something that you won’t find.
What an encouraging god you must think is there. People spending their whole lives looking and yet not able to find it, and yet all it'd take is for him to give them an inch, say Hi, wave, or wink. "No. Then you'll know and won't have need for faith," they say. "god needs people to live by faith," because then they can turn into obnoxiously hidden and useless creeps like him.
Daddy issues?

You won’t find God if you’re looking in the wrong places.

Regards,
MG