What Do People Here Believe?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: What Do People Here Believe?

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

canpakes wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:41 pm
MG 2.0 wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:21 pm
You folks have NOTHING to offer.

Not true. I have a bowl of delicious chocolate-covered espresso beans at my desk. Would you like some?
Jesus Christ yes Ido.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
msnobody
Prophet

Post by msnobody »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:36 pm
dastardly stem wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:10 pm

What an encouraging god you must think is there. People spending their whole lives looking and yet not able to find it, and yet all it'd take is for him to give them an inch, say Hi, wave, or wink. "No. Then you'll know and won't have need for faith," they say. "god needs people to live by faith," because then they can turn into obnoxiously hidden and useless creeps like him.
Daddy issues?

You won’t find God if you’re looking in the wrong places.

Regards,
MG
He is actually not far away.
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

msnobody wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:56 pm
MG 2.0 wrote:

Daddy issues?

Regards,
MG
He is actually not far away.
I believe that.

Regards,
MG
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:57 pm

...By the way, I don’t respond to most of your posts,
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yes you do. You respond to everyone because that's why you're here - to work off your anger at yourself for your inability to decide for yourself, independently, what you believe in. You already admitted that you have to find a way to stay with something you believe is false and a farce. Your strategy is to be as disruptive as possible here, to hide your pain, but since we all know what you're doing, we just feel sad for you. And embarassed by how badly a grown man must feel to have to troll in order to hide how he is controlled by a cult.

My sympathies, mentalgymnast. You walk a ridiculous path that i wouldn't wish on anyone.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:48 pm
..I do think that you will spend the rest of your life looking for something that you won’t find....
Wow. Projection at its finest.

Mentalgymnast, you give yourself away over and over and over. What a brutal life you have chosen to live. No wonder you come here to troll.
dastardly stem
God

Post by dastardly stem »

MG 2.0 wrote:

Daddy issues?

Regards,
MG
Did god tell you that? And what’s a wrong place to look for god?
“Every one of us is, in the cosmic perspective, precious. If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In a hundred billion galaxies, you will not find another.”
― Carl Sagan, Cosmos
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

I read something today that reminded me of how mentalgymnast interacts with people he thinks are not lds. It seems appropriate to post it here:
...Who would construct the world Latter-day Saints tell me, with a smile, I'll get to "enjoy" in the afterlife?

When I survey history there's a clear pattern in the sorts of people who try to create that kind of "utopia." It all rather sounds like a totalitarian nightmare if you ask me. I don't want it, and when I find people totally infatuated with the kind of tyrannical state the correlated teachings fantasize about, well, then I'm honestly afraid of that person, because that person, essentially, says, "whatever your preferences are for how you wish to live, my preference is that you have my preferences imposed on you, and to the extent you fail to comply, I would have your life made worse."

Lovely Plan of "Happiness".

"Oh, but you don't understand, when you see that this is true, you'll want it too." Ok, well then I won't be me. Because I don't want it, and I find it repulsive to the core. If that's the way it is, then I'm not an autonomous, conscious creature. Congrats, Elohim, have fun ruling over your kingdom of sycophants and robots, you'll have destroyed my identity.

Frankly, the Plan of Happiness is one of the most violent plans I can conceive of because it implies a kind of dangerous obedience, horrific imposition or else the annihilation of a person's identity, preferences, etc. It's the destruction of the category of ethics itself. I'm supposed to be able to discern right and wrong behavior (and I'm quite certain I can to a large degree), but at the same time just be prepared to do what some particular person commands, even if it's heinous? Cut off a head! Stab your son! Raid that village! Take the women! You need your first wife's consent, but not if she doesn't consent! Bears, kill those kids! I don't want to be anything like this god. Ever.

The elephant in the room, and, in my opinion, the reason faithful Latter-day Saints find a hard time in communities of open discussion comes down to something quite simple and obvious: the plan sucks.
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

dastardly stem wrote:
Sat Jun 11, 2022 1:18 am
MG 2.0 wrote:

Regards,
MG
Did god tell you that?
It’s intuitive. How can one find God by looking in the wrong place?

Regards,
MG
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

Marcus, I do and have had you on ignore. I made the mistake yesterday (day before also?) looking at and then responding to your post.

That was a mistake.

There is absolutely no hope of our being able to understand and effectively communicate with each other. I will no longer make that mistake. There are some folks that will simply twist and turn everything that you say into pretzelated knots.

That fits you to a tee.

I’ve mentioned it before but will say it again, you’re not worth my time.

You can spin all the untruths you want in regards to who I am and what I am all about. My hope is that others will see the rather obvious fact that you are a dishonest person.

I will no longer lower myself to your standards by communicating with you directly.

Oh, Doc, same holds true for you. There is just nothing to be accomplished/gained through interfacing with you. I tried. 😕

So I guess you can say whatever **** you want and post silly graphics along with Mr. Chung. I’m not here to deal in and trade in the same.

There are obviously those here that will laugh and chuckle at your wares. So be it.

Have a good day/life and best wishes to you three folks. I will have no further communication with you.

That should save a LOT of wasted time.

Regards,
MG
Rivendale
God

Post by Rivendale »

Marcus wrote:
Sat Jun 11, 2022 2:25 am
I read something today that reminded me of how mentalgymnast interacts with people he thinks are not lds. It seems appropriate to post it here:
...Who would construct the world Latter-day Saints tell me, with a smile, I'll get to "enjoy" in the afterlife?

When I survey history there's a clear pattern in the sorts of people who try to create that kind of "utopia." It all rather sounds like a totalitarian nightmare if you ask me. I don't want it, and when I find people totally infatuated with the kind of tyrannical state the correlated teachings fantasize about, well, then I'm honestly afraid of that person, because that person, essentially, says, "whatever your preferences are for how you wish to live, my preference is that you have my preferences imposed on you, and to the extent you fail to comply, I would have your life made worse."

Lovely Plan of "Happiness".

"Oh, but you don't understand, when you see that this is true, you'll want it too." Ok, well then I won't be me. Because I don't want it, and I find it repulsive to the core. If that's the way it is, then I'm not an autonomous, conscious creature. Congrats, Elohim, have fun ruling over your kingdom of sycophants and robots, you'll have destroyed my identity.

Frankly, the Plan of Happiness is one of the most violent plans I can conceive of because it implies a kind of dangerous obedience, horrific imposition or else the annihilation of a person's identity, preferences, etc. It's the destruction of the category of ethics itself. I'm supposed to be able to discern right and wrong behavior (and I'm quite certain I can to a large degree), but at the same time just be prepared to do what some particular person commands, even if it's heinous? Cut off a head! Stab your son! Raid that village! Take the women! You need your first wife's consent, but not if she doesn't consent! Bears, kill those kids! I don't want to be anything like this god. Ever.

The elephant in the room, and, in my opinion, the reason faithful Latter-day Saints find a hard time in communities of open discussion comes down to something quite simple and obvious: the plan sucks.
Think about this if it is true.
If you are exalted you are just going to keep cranking out hundreds of billions of spirits. And they are going to suffer. And you are going to do it again and again. And you're going to do it again and again. After 100 billion generations why the exalted couple does not suffer I don't know. If this doesn't piss you off I don't know what is wrong with you.The people I love think this is the nature of reality. That we are just this endless factory producing endless suffering. It's offensive on the deepest level. I can't imagine believing this it is sick. ......If it's true we have one task. We have to hunt down what ever being started this and kill it.