Why the "Great Replacement" theory appeals to Mormons

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
huckelberry
God

Re: Why the "Great Replacement" theory appeals to Mormons

Post by huckelberry »

slskipper wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 5:28 pm
Back in the mid sixties, the director of the U of Utah Institute of Religion (a family friend) boasted pf his firearms stash he had compiled for when the "coloreds" came to attack the Mormons.

Every Mormon at the just knew that the Black Panthers had maps of every Mormon household all over America.

As you say, it is a mystery.
In the mid sixties I was active and in contact with family and extended family who were very active. A number of these were quite conservative but I never heard from anybody anything as remotely bizarre as fearing the colored were going to attack Mormons.Perhaps people with ideas as nutty as this were careful of whom they would share such fears and preparations.
drumdude
God

Re: Why the "Great Replacement" theory appeals to Mormons

Post by drumdude »

huckelberry wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 8:33 pm
.Perhaps people with ideas as nutty as this were careful of whom they would share such fears and preparations.
This is true of many people in my experience, not just Mormons. They are careful who they speak to and it’s very startling when they assume you share their beliefs and open up to you.