How Would We Know of a Spiritual Reality?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
doubtingthomas
God

Re: How Would We Know of a Spiritual Reality?

Post by doubtingthomas »

Don Bradley wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 2:19 am
DT,

Sure. Within the limitations of a message board and time, I'm happy to answer your questions. First, I'd be curious to hear more about your own path and where it has led you so far.

Don
I'm agnostic. I am open to the possibility that god exists, but I don't see any compelling evidence for his existence, at least not at the moment. But you never know, perhaps someday I'll revive my faith in the god who answers prayers. I honestly can't rule out his existence.
Last edited by doubtingthomas on Wed May 25, 2022 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Marcus wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 5:42 pm
Kishkumen wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 1:29 pm
You are ignorant about some things.
:lol: A classic professor-to-professor line, so common as to be mundane and as such merits nothing more than an eyeroll and a chuckle, although less seen these days as faculty meetings become more civilized. Thanks for the memories, and for the laughs.
Well, if that is all it is worth to you, then so be it. I don't really get much out of your snarky reactions either.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
sock puppet
2nd Counselor

Post by sock puppet »

Don Bradley wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 6:17 am
The question has come up in another thread of how we might know of the existence of a spiritual reality. * * * To clarify at the outset, I'm absolutely not of the view that mere good feelings or physical tingles are themselves barometers of truth, spiritual or otherwise. I am, as I think will become clear, talking about something much deeper and more substantial.
Could you provide a concrete definition of 'spiritual reality'? I mean no disrespect to you or Aldous Huxley, but in all sincerity, what was written in the OP after these opening sentences sounds like every experience others have told me was induced by LSD.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal." Groucho Marx
"The truth has no defense against a fool determined to believe a lie." Mark Twain
The best lack all conviction, while the worst//Are full of passionate intensity." Yeats