Heeding the Words of Prophets

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
dastardly stem
God

Re: Heeding the Words of Prophets

Post by dastardly stem »

I read the words of Prophets like Carol and think, "that was a whole lot of nothing". I guess it's a "you must have ears to hear" kind of thing. And if that's the case, then what are we to make of this? We simply haven't been given the right ears to get anything out of it.
Our Father in Heaven loves all of His children and desires that they know and understand His plan of happiness.
If either of these two things were so, then there'd be reason to think God loves his children. And there'd be reason to think he desires they know and understand his plans. If any of his children, like Lucifer, aren't loved by him, then she's making this up, it seems. If there are any who join lucifer then it's apparent God doesn't love many of his children. And who knows why? Because Lucifer was upset when God didn't choose him? Or something?

The plan is foolish when you think about it. Why should anyone know and understand it? If you think about it, if we chose to come here, instead of choosing to follow those children that God hates, then it must be, God loves us, as part of his children, rather than the others whom he hates. But if some of us, or none of us make it back to him, and he is hidden from us, guiding us in some way, then was it not so that he hated us already? What if some of us, even a very small portion of us, he actually hates like he hates Lucifer and his followers? It seems to me he doesn't want some of us, how ever many that may be, to know and understand his plan. If so, then what are we who don't know it or understand it to do? He's already foreseen our follies and we can't change that now.

So let's consider, if my brother, whom I love, gets exalted reigning in his heavens, and I get cast down into outer darkness, then where's the love, the happiness? What if, in eternity, my bother is miserable because he actually loved and cared about me and feels disgusting knowing i'm suffering eternally? And his feeling of misery extends to eternity because my own plight it for eternity too? But if this is the outcome for one, perhaps it'd be the outcome of all? If God only loves some enough to guide them to exaltation, then whose to say these saved will find joy, peace or happiness, if they know that there are many others suffering to various degrees of pain and suffering, whom God did not choose to love and guide in the same way? This plan of happiness, seems like a plan for misery, the most amount of misery ever that could be imagined, and that...for everyone. Not just those whom he hates. Those whom he loves might too, find nothing but misery by claiming their exalted state above others.

The problem with this too is, it's all hypothetical. If God hated one, even Lucifer, then he likely hates another. If so, then whose to say he loves all of his children? If one exalted character feels badly for those who don't reach the heights of eternity, then whose to say others won't either? And what becomes the plan of happiness then? Do we just shrug and tell each other, "its ok. I'll trust God who is hidden but makes me feel special above others?"

To me it sounds very tragic.
“Every one of us is, in the cosmic perspective, precious. If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In a hundred billion galaxies, you will not find another.”
― Carl Sagan, Cosmos
Rivendale
God

Post by Rivendale »

dastardly stem wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 2:53 pm
I read the words of Prophets like Carol and think, "that was a whole lot of nothing". I guess it's a "you must have ears to hear" kind of thing. And if that's the case, then what are we to make of this? We simply haven't been given the right ears to get anything out of it.
Our Father in Heaven loves all of His children and desires that they know and understand His plan of happiness.
If either of these two things were so, then there'd be reason to think God loves his children. And there'd be reason to think he desires they know and understand his plans. If any of his children, like Lucifer, aren't loved by him, then she's making this up, it seems. If there are any who join lucifer then it's apparent God doesn't love many of his children. And who knows why? Because Lucifer was upset when God didn't choose him? Or something?

The plan is foolish when you think about it. Why should anyone know and understand it? If you think about it, if we chose to come here, instead of choosing to follow those children that God hates, then it must be, God loves us, as part of his children, rather than the others whom he hates. But if some of us, or none of us make it back to him, and he is hidden from us, guiding us in some way, then was it not so that he hated us already? What if some of us, even a very small portion of us, he actually hates like he hates Lucifer and his followers? It seems to me he doesn't want some of us, how ever many that may be, to know and understand his plan. If so, then what are we who don't know it or understand it to do? He's already foreseen our follies and we can't change that now.

So let's consider, if my brother, whom I love, gets exalted reigning in his heavens, and I get cast down into outer darkness, then where's the love, the happiness? What if, in eternity, my bother is miserable because he actually loved and cared about me and feels disgusting knowing i'm suffering eternally? And his feeling of misery extends to eternity because my own plight it for eternity too? But if this is the outcome for one, perhaps it'd be the outcome of all? If God only loves some enough to guide them to exaltation, then whose to say these saved will find joy, peace or happiness, if they know that there are many others suffering to various degrees of pain and suffering, whom God did not choose to love and guide in the same way? This plan of happiness, seems like a plan for misery, the most amount of misery ever that could be imagined, and that...for everyone. Not just those whom he hates. Those whom he loves might too, find nothing but misery by claiming their exalted state above others.

The problem with this too is, it's all hypothetical. If God hated one, even Lucifer, then he likely hates another. If so, then whose to say he loves all of his children? If one exalted character feels badly for those who don't reach the heights of eternity, then whose to say others won't either? And what becomes the plan of happiness then? Do we just shrug and tell each other, "its ok. I'll trust God who is hidden but makes me feel special above others?"

To me it sounds very tragic.
John Larsen's recent quote makes it even more tragic if true.
If you are exalted you are just going to keep cranking out hundreds of billions of spirits. And they are going to suffer. And you are going to do it again and again. And you're going to do it again and again. After 100 billion generations why the exalted couple does not suffer I don't know. If this doesn't piss you off I don't know what is wrong with you.The people I love think this is the nature of reality. That we are just this endless factory producing endless suffering. It's offensive on the deepest level. I can't imagine believing this it is sick. ......If it's true we have one task. We have to hunt down what ever being started this and kill it.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

It doesn’t stop at 100 billion. It continues. Forever.

You will have an infinite number of progeny, spanning infinite worlds, over an infinite universe and infinite time. All doing the same thing over and over, an infinite number of times.

Most other religions aren’t explicit about this aspect of heaven because it makes no practical sense at all.
¥akaSteelhead
Deacon

Post by ¥akaSteelhead »

Your prophets have a very poor track record. Why should anyone heed them?
We will never get a man into space. This earth is man's sphere and it was never intended that he should get away from it. The moon is a superior planet to the earth and it was never intended that man should go there. You can write it down in your books that this will never happen.
~Joseph Fielding Smith
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

¥akaSteelhead wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 3:58 pm
You can write it down in your books that this will never happen. ~Joseph Fielding Smith
Thank God we did.