Mormonism condensed into a single sentence sales pitch

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
drumdude
God

Mormonism condensed into a single sentence sales pitch

Post by drumdude »

FEDA3625-A606-4C64-9EF2-5F446B06EEE0.jpeg
FEDA3625-A606-4C64-9EF2-5F446B06EEE0.jpeg (232.52 KiB) Viewed 656 times

This is really as deep as Mormonism gets. This is the entire premise of the religion. Here he is making this used car sales pitch to a group of young adults:

https://youtu.be/IvS5wDoKoBk
BeNotDeceived
Priest

Re: Mormonism condensed into a single sentence sales pitch

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Smith got his pre-mortal existence and three degrees of glory for the 'plan of salvation' from Emmanuel Swedenborg's book 'Heaven and Hell'. Wonder if Nelson knows that? :lol:
Rivendale
God

Post by Rivendale »

drumdude wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 1:12 pm

FEDA3625-A606-4C64-9EF2-5F446B06EEE0.jpeg

This is really as deep as Mormonism gets. This is the entire premise of the religion. Here he is making this used car sales pitch to a group of young adults:

https://youtu.be/IvS5wDoKoBk
And for some extra security your dear mother in the celestial kingdom will have that part of her reanimated body's brain removed that stores memory of you so it will not interfere with her happy heaven. Fear tactics seem common over the past number of years. Things like time is running out. Stay in the boat. Where will you go? Just like the mafia, "it would be a shame if something happened to that nice family of yours"......
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

It’s a disgusting scam. The public absolutely hates the Indian tech support scammers who rob grandmothers of thousands of dollars, yet they are ok with the LDS corporation doing it to them for decades and hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Eventually the public will come to realize there is no difference between the charlatans in Temple Square and the ones in Indian call centers.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

You’d be surprised how strong the allure of tribalism is when it comes to having an identity, which, I think, is what he’s selling. Either that, or he’s so detached from the ground reality of the apostasy happening, and the spiritual alienation coming not just from the wokesters, but the qtards as well, that he believes a little scare tactic can work.

It cannot.

Sure, there are enough people who possess a sense of spirituality and core Mormon identity that’ll keep them coming back, and to form a core of believers (I mean there are still JWs, Scientologists, and snake handlers for crying out loud), but they cannot compete with the Internet and the broader culture. Most people simply won’t find the faith compelling enough to fork over 10% for a green apron and a handshake.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

He’s also implying there is no progression between kingdoms. So 99.999 percent of humanity will not make it to the highest level of VIP heaven. Through no fault of their own. Just a consequence of Mormonism being a very insignificant obscure religion.

If there is progression between kingdoms, then it doesn’t matter if we are Mormons here or not.
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

drumdude wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 8:55 pm
It’s a disgusting scam. The public absolutely hates the Indian tech support scammers who rob grandmothers of thousands of dollars, yet they are ok with the LDS corporation doing it to them for decades and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
Did you hear about the 17-year old who killed himself?
https://news.yahoo.com/mother-17-old-bo ... 19821.html
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
High Spy
1st Quorum of 70

Post by High Spy »

Joe Smith properly provided the Book of Mormon, and the Patriarchal Priesthood which proclaimed the Davidic Servant, but most everything else is hogwash and/or pig swill.
. . . * . . . . . . . . **

3*8** Knight Lion, but not Nite Lion. 🐳 gbng

Everybody's heard the whale and 8 are linked. :lol:

Choose the 🥩
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

High Spy wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 1:55 am
Joe Smith properly provided the Book of Mormon, and the Patriarchal Priesthood which proclaimed the Davidic Servant, but most everything else is hogwash and/or pig swill.
Emphasizing the Davidic Servant is what got the biblical scholar converted to Mormonism, Avraham Gileadi excommunicated if I remember correctly... Everyone in Mormonism wants Joseph to be emphasized, and in their cherry picking eisegesis finds just that - go figure... :roll:
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Personally I think we should throw away everything except the Infants on Thrones.